There are 286 users in the forums

What Michael Crabtree just said

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
now we gonna trade crabtree

and sign smith to an extension

I wouldn't put it past this dreadfully runned organization.
I'm not assuming that it was a shot at Alex. I think it's just as likely that Michael was going for option number one and just didn't communicate it properly.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
Originally posted by jreff22:
“Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can’t throw the ball. He can just call plays.”

REAL TALK

Now sing will bench Crab for being a rat... When keeping it real goes wrong.

it's all good. Just moves singletary closer to the unemployment line.

If thats the case, I hope they bench VD and Gore so we can get him the hell outta here.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by mac707g:
Question for all of you fanboys going with the "IT NEEDED TO BE SAID" argument:

Why did it need to be said? What good will this serve? It won't change Singletary's mind. It won't change Baalke or Jed York's mind. All it will do is further divide the team when they are already divided to the point of disfunction.

So no, it didn't "NEED TO BE SAID" because saying it does nothing more than make you all think you know as much as NFL players and coaches.

Yes, it will change Singletary's mind. Coaches tend to listen to their players if it is about winning games. Alex has had preferred treatment where guys like Lewis, Clements, Rachal, Davis, and Iupati get singled out for poor play. There's always an excuse for Alex and Crabtree has just unveiled something that is being talked about within the players. Preferred treatment loses the players trust more than anything.

I'm sorry, but benching Alex for Carr or Troy Smith is an improvement because its taking steps into the direction of an Alex Smithless era even if these guys suck and it's all about improving the 49ers, not improving everything around a problem to the nth degree and ignoring that problem altogether.

I agree that coaches tends to listen to their players, but I highly doubt that the "players" would agree with your bold statement above.

Hence, Alex Smith will not be benched this season.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
good, it's about time Smith was held accountable and publicly called on the carpet.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
“Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can’t throw the ball. He can just call plays.”

REAL TALK

If thats the case, I hope they bench VD and Gore so we can get him the hell outta here.

Its obvious he doesn't believe Alex can get it done. LOL....he called him Graham a couple of weeks ago!!!!

I been a Alex supporter since day one, but I truly feel its time to cut our lose and start over with that position.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Crabtree needs to shut up. It isn't Smith's fault that his receivers aren't as tall as Manute Bol, and can't jump like Michael Jordan with the hands of Jerry Rice.
Originally posted by fly15:

REAL TALK

damn, it looks like even his own players are trying to bring him down.

poor Alex has to fight through so much in his football career.
Why wouldnt have any of the reporters asked him to clarify what he meant? Cohn himself said he was not sure of what he meant so why not ask him to clarify?

Originally posted by Afrikan:

REAL TALK

These are self-inflicted wounds. He deserves every bit of it...
  • fly15
  • Veteran

REAL TALK

Well, Smith sucks and Crabtree is not as good as advertised. Actually, I don't recall how Crabtree was advertised, but his holdout screamed, "I am a show stopping No. 1 NFL receiver". The reality is more like, "I'm a pretty crafty and aggressive possession receiver."

REAL TALK

Smith should be able to shake those guys off and make the throw!! damn you singletary for not blocking!!!!!!!

REAL TALK

I know. He has to recount his millions everyday. That's too much work.
Share 49ersWebzone