There are 274 users in the forums

What Michael Crabtree just said

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Simply put; imagine Gore/Crabtree/Morgan/VD with a REAL QB! Would they be getting one catch for 12 yards type games like they ae now?

Gore probably leads the team in recieving yards and catches, this is the A. Smith art of checking down. Either these guys are the worst WR/TE/RB or thee something wrong with the QB (roll right and throw it away) & if he can't roll right intentionally ground it!

AS is making some pretty good players look sh***y! Crabtree's college QB wasn't even drafted yet he could get the guy to the one guy everyone in the stadium knew he would be thowing it to.

I said the same thing some 4 years ago.

nice crabtree prediction
Originally posted by Brew:
Simply put; imagine Gore/Crabtree/Morgan/VD with a REAL QB! Would they be getting one catch for 12 yards type games like they ae now?

Gore probably leads the team in recieving yards and catches, this is the A. Smith art of checking down. Either these guys are the worst WR/TE/RB or thee something wrong with the QB (roll right and throw it away) & if he can't roll right intentionally ground it!

AS is making some pretty good players look sh***y! Crabtree's college QB wasn't even drafted yet he could get the guy to the one guy everyone in the stadium knew he would be thowing it to.

I said the same thing some 4 years ago.

I know what you mean, next they will be saying they got A. Smith & Davis' file mixed up, Davis is the scholar while A. Smith is the slower learner; promising us that A. Smith will be eady in another 6 years
  • Jiks
"Alex Smith sux! Yay! Whooooooooo! That right there is my intelligence! I come on a message board have 420,690,666 post saying the exact same thing! But Alex is the loser"........................

I have to say, even though I'm more and more convinced that Smith's upside isn't what I had hoped, I also think their is this insular Ninerworld delusion that all of our skill position players are the bomb. Gore busts a lot of big runs, and also plows straight into the line for no gain 6 out of 10 carriers, not to mention he's a fairly frequent fumbler. Morgan shows flashes, but is inconsistent and in this last game made a pretty piss poor effort on a catchable deep pass; Crabtree looks like a productive possession type receiver, but a little slow and not the gamebreaker we had hoped for; VD turned it around and I give him credit for that. He catches much better now, but even he is losing his shine after teams simply key on him. Our skill guys are pretty good. Much better than four or five years ago. But I don't see them lighting it up just by replacing Smith.
Originally posted by BSofSF:

I have to say, even though I'm more and more convinced that Smith's upside isn't what I had hoped, I also think their is this insular Ninerworld delusion that all of our skill position players are the bomb. Gore busts a lot of big runs, and also plows straight into the line for no gain 6 out of 10 carriers, not to mention he's a fairly frequent fumbler. Morgan shows flashes, but is inconsistent and in this last game made a pretty piss poor effort on a catchable deep pass; Crabtree looks like a productive possession type receiver, but a little slow and not the gamebreaker we had hoped for; VD turned it around and I give him credit for that. He catches much better now, but even he is losing his shine after teams simply key on him. Our skill guys are pretty good. Much better than four or five years ago. But I don't see them lighting it up just by replacing Smith.

Agreed. The only one I see lighting it up is Vern and he lit it up with Smith too. Maybe we just overrate our players period
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
"Alex Smith sux! Yay! Whooooooooo! That right there is my intelligence! I come on a message board have 420,690,666 post saying the exact same thing! But Alex is the loser"........................

yes
  • B650
  • Veteran

I agree that our skill guys are pretty good, but if you look around and compare with other teams, are they really better than most other teams? I'd say no. We might win with potential, but potential doesn't win any games. However, if we replaced Smith with say, McNabb (why didn't we get him again?), then I think it would make a huge difference and we'd instantly become a playoff team. Good QBs make average skill players become good. They make good ones become great.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Okay lets look at his stats.....Wow cool...only two interceptions each game so far....AWESOME. He has good passer ratings....YAY. Wow cool check downs on 9 out of 10 passes. One TD and lay goose eggs for the rest of the game...COOOOOOL.
Originally posted by B650:

I agree that our skill guys are pretty good, but if you look around and compare with other teams, are they really better than most other teams? I'd say no. We might win with potential, but potential doesn't win any games. However, if we replaced Smith with say, McNabb (why didn't we get him again?), then I think it would make a huge difference and we'd instantly become a playoff team. Good QBs make average skill players become good. They make good ones become great.

I said this exact thing in another thread........ same exact thing.....
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

I said this exact thing in another thread........ same exact thing.....

maybe you guys are the same person.... DUN DUN DUN!!!

How can anyone say we have a s**tty receiving core? Throw a good qb who can hit people in stride and a deep ball our wr's would put up amazing #'s.

WR's
-Crabs- legit, great hands, makes people miss, improving his run blocking.
-Morgans- improving, tough WR, Great Run blocking, good hands, suprising what he can do with the ball.
-Ginn- speed, deep threat, hands....... not so much.
-Dominique Zeigler- Improving WR, tons of potential, great hands
TE's
-Vernon Davis- Everyone knows his all pro potential.
-Delanie Walker- Any other team he would push for #1 TE, Speed, Hands.
-Nate Byham- Rookie, good run blocking, not supposed to have hands but has been catching well.

2 all pro running backs great at catching the ball

Look at what happened when Antonio Bryant went to TB. Look at what B. Lloyd is doing right now in Chicago. We need to stop blaming WR's and look at our real problem, QB. s**tty QB's make good WR's look s**tty, A great qb makes average WR's look great. We have the wheels but no driver.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=146850&page=5&highlight=49ersNoKaOi

How can anyone say we have a s**tty receiving core? Throw a good qb who can hit people in stride and a deep ball our wr's would put up amazing #'s.

WR's
-Morgans- improving, tough WR, Great Run blocking, good hands, suprising what he can do with the ball.
TE's
-Nate Byham- Rookie, good run blocking, not supposed to have hands but has been catching well.

Look at what happened when Antonio Bryant went to TB. Look at what B. Lloyd is doing right now in Chicago. We need to stop blaming WR's and look at our real problem, QB. s**tty QB's make good WR's look s**tty, A great qb makes average WR's look great. We have the wheels but no driver.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=146850&page=5&highlight=49ersNoKaOi

We have a s**tty WR coach.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

I think that's a fair point. At the risk of cutting Smith some slack that he doesn't deserve, our WRs tend to be a bit slovenly at times. For all the skill and potential they often display, there's an overall lack of polish to our WR corps. On the other hand, it's hard to look like a well oiled machine when the ball isn't arriving in stride and your fans judge you upon your ability to play Gumby when the ball arrives in your general vicinity.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

I think that's a fair point. At the risk of cutting Smith some slack that he doesn't deserve, our WRs tend to be a bit slovenly at times. For all the skill and potential they often display, there's an overall lack of polish to our WR corps. On the other hand, it's hard to look like a well oiled machine when the ball isn't arriving in stride and your fans judge you upon your ability to play Gumby when the ball arrives in your general vicinity.

this is a view I have not looked from yet. thanks.

WR's
TE's

Bradford has players picked up from the streets and he makes them look good
Share 49ersWebzone