LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

What Michael Crabtree just said

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone disagree? Most of us have known Alex was a flaming pile of  for a long time. Smith set the team back 6 years and lots of dough. Ownership is blind to watch management fumble so much. 
I don't think I have ever seen an NFL QB get as many chances as Alex Smith.

Why is the question...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
So how many drops does Crabtree have this season already? How many of Alex' interceptions were due to him trying to get the ball to Crabtree....who either had it bounce off his pads into a defender's hands or slipped had it tipped into defender's hands?

What is his drop to catch ratio?

Should he really be talking?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
So how many drops does Crabtree have this season already? How many of Alex' interceptions were due to him trying to get the ball to Crabtree....who either had it bounce off his pads into a defender's hands or slipped had it tipped into defender's hands?

yes
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Why is the question...

Alex Smith is to the Quarter Back position at SF as Matt Millen is to the General Manager position at Detroit. Nobody knows why either of them were around for as long as they were.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:

yes

Another content free post brought to you by fly15.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Why is the question...

Alex Smith is to the Quarter Back position at SF as Matt Millen is to the General Manager position at Detroit. Nobody knows why either of them were around for as long as they were.

Incriminating photos is my guess.
In Alex's 6 seasons, he thrown...

40 TDs
50 INTs
< 170 yards/game!!!

This is TERRIBLE for any team, especially one like ours with such a rich QB tradtion.

Good thing is that he'll be gone after this year unless he's spectaculor from here on out. So I don't think we can lose either way! If he proves he great, we benefit; if he doesn't, be benefit (cause he's gone!).
[ Edited by aarchambo on Oct 4, 2010 at 7:53 PM ]
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
This kid is definitely not going to resign.

Good for him I wouldn't resign here either. You know VD is kicking himself. The org is STILL in trouble after what 8 f**king years....

The Raiders will beat us this year..After reading MS's conference script I have lost faith in that vagina

You should go right down to the facility and tell him that to his face...and take a friend with a camera so we can watch that vagina destroy you.

Don't worry, if Smith swings at you it will probably be to high and off target

i believe he was talking about Singletary,hence the MS reference, and he's right,Sing would tear him a new a*****e if he said that to his face,who's the vagina now...
  • 9r4lf
Originally posted by MBniner:
So what? This is nothing new. Crabtree will be with us a lot longer than Smith. I'll take his side.

Man, that is a really good point

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
So Crabtree pointed out the obvious: Alex sucks period

I'm glad someone in this organization doesn't have their lips PERMANENTLY attached to Alex's a**.

But here comes the Crabtree is a cancer posts, when in reality, #11 has and will always be a cancer.

Who turned a three yard reception for a first down into an interception before the end of the half against Seattle? Who is the receiver that is killing Smith's stats? Oh, Crabtree? As I recall, this guy got chewed by VD for slacking, and that slacking is now paying NEGATIVE dividends.

There's too many "Yes Men" on the team. Even if it were wrong of Crabtree to say it, the fact is that it needs to be said. Everyone has been covering Smith up or keeping him from any scrutiny because every year, the last thing Smith needed was someone questioning his ability because the "poor guy" would get demoralized.

When one player says what appears to be the truth, it is obvious it isn't only one player who probably feels that way.

Props for Crabtree to be the scape goat and possibly express what players may be feeling about Alex Smith. Smith may have one good game, but he will have 2 bad games to follow.
As much as I want to see better QB play on this team, it is NEVER good to have a player come out and publicly call out a teammate. That is up to the coaches and them alone. All this does, if true, is just great a greater barrier for the team to cross.

Another bad move by Crabtree. Eric Mangini was right on the money about this kid. He is not a team player. How much more do people have to see? He holds out for 1/4 of the season - loafs through TC and it takes one of the captains unloading on him to get him moving - isn't running clean, consistent routes and drops passes he should catch, and now he goes public with something that should be handled inside.

Another week of turmoil for Singletary.

I agree with you, but in this case, the coaches forced Alex to be defaulted into the QB position by trading Hill. They made it so there would be no other choice to bench Alex due to them acquiring a back up QB who is as bad or just another get you nowhere QB.

So, this leads to the coaches not making a decision for this purpose. Sooner or later, players need to express what's wrong with the team and take more ownership rather than being "yes men".
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:

yes

Another content free post brought to you by fly15.

better??
Originally posted by Mister49:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
This kid is definitely not going to resign.

Good for him I wouldn't resign here either. You know VD is kicking himself. The org is STILL in trouble after what 8 f**king years....

The Raiders will beat us this year..After reading MS's conference script I have lost faith in that vagina

You should go right down to the facility and tell him that to his face...and take a friend with a camera so we can watch that vagina destroy you.

Don't worry, if Smith swings at you it will probably be to high and off target

i believe he was talking about Singletary,hence the MS reference, and he's right,Sing would tear him a new a*****e if he said that to his face,who's the vagina now...

My bad I thought we were talking about Smith. Ya Singletary would beat his ass. Now Alex Smith, That guys a vagina
I understand the frustration, but who the hell is he? What has he done? This is his first full season, STFU and play.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I understand the frustration, but who the hell is he? What has he done? This is his first full season, STFU and play.

He is trying to play but he has a complete vag throwing him the ball. Nobody on the offence can play with this QB.
Share 49ersWebzone