LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Philladelphia Eagles)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Adman:
Frank Gore fumbles 2 times. Once in Eagles territory.

Alex Smith throws 2 interceptions. One from midfield, one on last drive.

Joe Nedney misses a short field goal. (We lost by 3 by the way)

Alex Smith fumbles the ball. It was returned for a touchdown.

Why do we need to be losing to start playing well?
Why do we not hurry up on offense when there is 4 minutes left and we are down 10?

I don't understand why Smith's passer rating was ~ 93 despite his highly erratic play today. I guess that fumble for a TD didn't play into the stats. Neither did him checking down when WR's were wide open down the field

Because the rating is based off of stats. The defense running back for TD (or not) and him checking down doesn't factor it
They lost. Next.

Go Niners!!!!
If I remember correctly, Crabtree was flagged for unnecessary roughness after Smith threw the last INT. WHY??? The DB slide down but was never touched so the play was still live. The DB started to get back up and Crabs hit him from behind trying to cause a fumble. Maybe the ref blew the whistle. Anyone else see that, Did I miss something?

Kind of meaningless but I like Crab’s hustle on the play.
yeah, i dont think it should have been a penalty either

but nice job by crabs
Originally posted by ads_2006:
yeah, i dont think it should have been a penalty either

but nice job by crabs

And I think the DB did fumble
S Spencer had a TERRIBLE game. Maybe it was that BIG hit on one for the first plays of the game where that FB LEVELED him! But he was beat often and almost looked like he was getting targeted out there. I have confidence in him, but that was definitely a bad game for him.

LaBoy had another good game and is clearly our best pass rusher.

Manny Lawson had a pretty good game! He made some plays and pressured and sacked the qb.

Haralson outside of the fumble recovery forced by manny, really seems ineffective out there. I'd like to see more brooks or even more so LaBoy on pass rushing downs.

Mays had a nice play knocking the ball out with helmet. But also mad some rookie mistakes

Gore and Alex are in the dog house for obvious reasons...

HOPEFULLY Mike Johnson rediscovered the post route to VD, which alex hit twice late in the game. VD can't be guarded on that play AND IT IS THE ONE DEEP PASS ALEX CAN CONSISTENTLY HIT!

Crabtree had a good game, probably cause they actually threw him the ball. those hand are NIICE.

Morgan and Ziegler had good games. no drops, made big catches.

Tedd Ginn Jr...OH HOW WE HAVE MISSED HIM! Was WIDE OPEN multiple times deep, unfortunately the ball went to other players. On the INT, he had he player beat, but the ball was under thrown. Maybe a more polished WR knocks that ball down, but a more polished qb hits him deep in stride.
He showed EXCELLENT vision in the return game. He was close to breaking several!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by fly15:
alexcuse #1263

Fakefan #1263

or blindfan #3436
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You guys trying to blame it all on Smith are just ignorant and letting the emotion get the better of your commons sense. This team is a mess and it starts with the offensive line that has yet to gel. That is the root of the problem, execution is suffering and making the offense look worse than the talent.

god yes
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Smith's fumble was terrible. but if gore doesn't f**k up twice, and nedney makes his field goal. we win.
I agree with one of the fumbles, I am not sure any running back ever holds on to the freak helmet directly on the ball. That was just one of those things and the way Gore was going and the Eagles player sliding down the line I don't think he ever saw him.
Originally posted by dmax:
alexcuse #1263

Fakefan #1263

or blindfan #3436

Fakefan #1264...

Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by dmax:
alexcuse #1263

Fakefan #1263

or blindfan #3436

Fakefan #1264...

Children please! hahahahaa
I may be extremely depressed after this loss, but I am still a fan & believe in our 49ers!
For the first time in my life, I actively cheered for the Niners to lose against the Eagles. The sooner we get rid of Singletary, who is completely clueless as a head coach, the better.

I hate the Raiders, and yet I might cheer for them this week.

At what point does management take off the silly blindfold and realize this season is toast, when we hit 0-8? 0-10?

The best we can hope for is too lose out before the break, that someone in 49ers management stumbles and hits their head on the wall, and comes to the realization that until we have a coach who knows what they are doing, that this team is not going anywhere.

The argument on the sideline between Singletary and Smith shows that this team is simply out of control.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
For the first time in my life, I actively cheered for the Niners to lose against the Eagles. The sooner we get rid of Singletary, who is completely clueless as a head coach, the better.

At what point does management take off the silly blindfold and realize this season is toast, when we hit 0-8? 0-10?

The best we can hope for is too lose out before the break, that someone in 49ers management stumbles and hits their head on the wall, and comes to the realization that until we have a coach who knows what they are doing, that this team is not going anywhere.

The argument on the sideline between Singletary and Smith shows that this team is simply out of control.

You mean the same management that somehow allowed Nolan to talk them into another season after the 2007 disastor?

Once you see those former and future convicts called Raider fans looking like Halloween has come early and gone terribly wrong I bet you will have a very hard rooting for anything other than the Raiders being ground into the dirt.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

The most insane part of that sideline conversation was Vernon Davis allegedly told Smith to just put his helmet back on and basically get back in the game REGARDLESS of what the coach says. This shows that the players, deep down, do NOT trust Singletary's decision making. I wouldn't say it's a mutiny but to basically advocate disobeying your head coach when your QB is sucking is dramatic.

IF I HAD TO PICK between SING and SMITH...I'd choose Smith. I think the players feel the same way. It's evident in their actions and words.
Share 49ersWebzone