Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
For the first time in my life, I actively cheered for the Niners to lose against the Eagles. The sooner we get rid of Singletary, who is completely clueless as a head coach, the better.

I hate the Raiders, and yet I might cheer for them this week.

At what point does management take off the silly blindfold and realize this season is toast, when we hit 0-8? 0-10?

The best we can hope for is too lose out before the break, that someone in 49ers management stumbles and hits their head on the wall, and comes to the realization that until we have a coach who knows what they are doing, that this team is not going anywhere.

The argument on the sideline between Singletary and Smith shows that this team is simply out of control.

The most insane part of that sideline conversation was Vernon Davis allegedly told Smith to just put his helmet back on and basically get back in the game REGARDLESS of what the coach says. This shows that the players, deep down, do NOT trust Singletary's decision making. I wouldn't say it's a mutiny but to basically advocate disobeying your head coach when your QB is sucking is dramatic.

IF I HAD TO PICK between SING and SMITH...I'd choose Smith. I think the players feel the same way. It's evident in their actions and words.

I agree. I think Singletary has completely lost the team at this point. Singletary brings only two things to table: an identity and motivation. At this point, his smashmouth identity has been a complete failure and the motivational speeches I’m certain are wearing a bit thin after five consecutive losses.

The team is floundering and with his skill set, there really isn’t much he can do about it.