There are 299 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Philladelphia Eagles)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
sorry dont have a link to it thought u guys should know
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d81b3d09b/49ers-postgame-press-conference
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
I think Gore is a great back. To me the problem is that he's used TOO MUCH. There's a reason almost EVERY other team uses multiple backs. It gives the #1 guy a rest to keep him fresh. It gives the defense different looks. And most importantly, if a guy is struggling in a game, spelling him gives another guy a shot at making a play and whatnot.

Westbrook and Dixon add different dimensions to the offense and can each do different things pretty well. I really think the team puts too much pressure on Gore to make something happen.

Oh, and how about a stretch play or something?

they tried that early on and Gore lost 4 yards

he doesn't have the speed to get to turn the corner

we have to get him in space outside the hashmarks, but not all the way to the sideline
Summary?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
... On any other team, Alex would not be having days like this. I can't help but think that.

To be honest I can't wait for Alex to go someplace and light it up. Because hey guess what -- those REAL NFL coaches will know that putting him in the shotgun 50/50 will play to his strengths. Alex looks pretty damn good in the shotgun, or with more than .5 seconds to throw the ball.

On any other team Alex Smith wouldn't be starting. Let him go to any team, Shaun Hill looks better than him and has a winning record. W is what counts and you guys tend to always have excuses it's been 6 years already he's done!

Man I'm not in any way excusing his play. Where did I say that? All I'm saying is that if Alex was on another team -- the coaching staff there would utilize his STRENGTHS. Unlike our coaching!! Shaun Hill looks better? Sure he does... Why? Because they gameplan to utilize his strengths. Tell me this -- and be honest and unbiased -- does Alex Smith look exponentially better in the shotgun?

You're arguing with a brick wall, re-enforced with sound cancelling insulation.

Alex Smith operating out of the shotgun is what he needs. Unfortunately our head coaches are too hardheaded to realize that.

I've already accepted that fact. I just wanted to see what Norwalk thought about it.

who cares what Norwalk thinks? This guy has been rooting for us to lose so Smith will be benched for the last few years.

But yeah, I can't wait for Smith to go somewhere else and light it up. I think a team like NO or SD would like to have him as a back up in case one of their guys got hurt. NO plays in the shotgun a lot and Turner was his coach here and really liked him. Or maybe he could go learn behind Manning in Indy, they play out of the shotgun a lot. I think a lot of teams would like to have him as a back up, or would like to take a shot on him. When we were playing on MNF Gruden praised him a lot and liked him before the draft. If a QB can do what Smith did tonight with the 300 yards and 3 TDs they have talent. You just got to use it right. He'll land on his feet.

There was a reason Shaun Hill told the guys on FOX earlier today that he couldn't wait to get out of SF. We have a crappy motivational coaching staff rather than a cerebral coaching staff who outsmarts people and uses their players to their strengths. Our coaches don't use their weapons right and they don't understand how to adjust. Why keep running Gore over and over again when he's getting 2 YPC and has 2 fumbles? Our defense is terrible, and DeSean Jackson said on our post game show they had an easy time getting open down field because they saw we were playing our safeties close to the LOS. Our organization as a whole just f**king sucks.

You cut me to the core, Baxter....

I completely agree. Our coaching staff is just a clusterf**k of under-utilization and mismanagement of our players and their strengths.
Summary?

Please.

I can't end my night watching that.
Summary?

Coach Sing says he thinks we're a better team than what we are showing, but in the end we're 0-5.
He also says he was ready to pull Smith out of the game but from what I understand kept him in the game because Smith was fired up and didn't want to be taken out.

Smith says fans had the right to boo. He said if he was a fan, he'd boo too.
Smith says about the fumble play that he was trying to do too much. All in all a boneheaded play.

Both Smith and coach Sing looked pissed. They both also would not say to the reporters what was said in the heated debate on the sidelines after Smith's fumble.
Total Team carries:

Frank Gore 91
Alex Smith 8
Brian Westbrook 2
Anthony Dixon 2
Delanie Walker 1
Moran Norris 1

I have never witnessed a team that rides on 1 back like Gore. He's a great player but he can't take all the carries, catch all the passes, and make all the blocks.
Yes blame sloppy play, because even with all that sloppy play the niners had a chance with under a minute, when Alex Smith's final "Sloppy play" ended all hope of victory, the whole team sucked ass tonight, Alex just sucked last!

The last time things were this low the OC got canned! I don't know about you but I feel another shake up is going to happen tomorrow. I curious what that shake up is going to be. Here are some guess's.

A) Jed York dropping the Axe down on Coach Sing. This is what I really want to happen however it won't likely happen for the simple reason that there are no suitable interim replacements.

B) Coach Sing demotes Alex! The most likely because it would deflect some of the attention off of Sing because it gives the mob what they want. It also gives the niners to see what they have in their back ups.

C) Lastly the most unlikely scenario! Sing letting his DC go! We were promised a top 5 D which has not been delivered. Far from it! This will also give Sing the opportunity to get more hands on with the D and earn some chops from the X/O stand point. Again unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility.

Please feel free to add to the list!

I personally think that Alex's demotion is at foot. Fair or not the MOB must be pleased. I feel for the kid. I think that he was drafted to the worst place for a QB. He had a terrible situation. BUT he did get paid. So I can't feel to bad for him.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
May I suggest you add pass rush to your poll? I think it's only fair if you have the secondary on the list.

Refs play a big part in this as well.

How is it the Iggles Offense can outright tackle our players throughout the game and when Staley does it ONCE we get flagged for it?

How come flags aren't thrown for Clipping on their Offense and Illegal Block in the Backs not called on their ST when we had two flags thrown on the same play one on a legit block and the other on a true IBIB?

Honestly? I blame everybody. I blame Sing because he doesn't get on Manusky for failure to Coach his players the art of snuffing out the Screen. I blame him for not letting Smith run the Offense on 2 minute all game long. Especially when that's basically what kills us in every game. Smith is a solid QB when he's calling his own plays. He's > Average when plays get in late or when he questions them.

I blame Sing because Frank is on the field too much. I think Frank is a solid Player but we have this Bell Cow mentality that shoots us in the ass every game.

I blame Frank for his fumbles. The last 2 were great headsup plays like what Goldson did last season. In any event 5 times in 5 games is too much.

I blame Tree for not being prepared over the 1st 3 games. You're in the NFL, you're a Receiver, you need to prepare like one and not rely on your talent to sustain you. Face it Tree cost Smith at least 4 Interceptions because of this. If Tree didn't fall on his face and run the wrong route 4 of those Passes would not have been Picked.

I blame the Rachal cause he's not good as a RG. Maybe LG where I think he should have been playing all along but as a RG he sucks. He's not a Pulling Guard. In the KC game he got stood up by a Linebacker and allowed him to stop Frank. Inconsistency on his part. He needs to be a backup the remainder of the season. Let Snyder or Heitmann take over and only allow Chilo back on the field to spell them or for injury replacement.

I blame Smith for not blowing his top sooner. The KC game was the place for him to throw a fit. And he didn't do it. But hey welcome to the NFL Meat, now what are ya gonna do. Are you gonna fold or are you gonna play some inspired Football? Everyone else will follow you, just show them you have some heart and will fight anyone wanting to take your job.

I don't blame Nedney as much. He's still solid. Kickers miss kicks. This happens. It shouldn't be something that determines the outcome of the game unless you're so bad that you consistently miss. Own Pochman I'm speaking to you.

I blame Lee cause he KNOWS how to put it on the Sidelines and he's been failing epically in this. This is not the 1st game this season that he put the ball in the Returner's hands.Field position is EVERYTHING when your Defense is having a hard time stopping anyone. As the Punter he's got to know this by now.

I blame our whole team because we cannot seem to get away from the stupid mistakes. Like Tree with the unsportsmanlike tonite. I don't blame Davis for punching that cheater in the side. You have my johnson in a fist clench I am whipping your ass and there ain't nobody that would stop me. Not my team not your team not the refs not the cops not nobody. You are gonna get your ass beat right there in front of the network cameras and I wouldn't care if I got suspended for the entire season for it.

But the who team deserves to get called on this shat. This is not just a QB issue and I been saying it over and over and over and over again.

I'm pissed that we're at where we are because we let Smith become the focus of our angst. If our Receivers did their yobs, Smith would look like a god.

If our Coordinators did theirs our Defense would be the best in the league and our Offense would be good enough to march downfield at will. We have the ponies to get it done, but no amount of imagination or critical thinking to call them on it.

That's who I blame.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 10, 2010 at 23:04:48 ]
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Summary?

Coach Sing says he thinks we're a better team than what we are showing, but in the end we're 0-5.
He also says he was ready to pull Smith out of the game but from what I understand kept him in the game because Smith was fired up and didn't want to be taken out.

Smith says fans had the right to boo. He said if he was a fan, he'd boo too.
Smith says about the fumble play that he was trying to do too much. All in all a boneheaded play.

Both Smith and coach Sing looked pissed. They both also would not say to the reporters what was said in the heated debate on the sidelines after Smith's fumble.

All said and done, I give it up for Alex Smith. The dude had ice in his veins tonight. He basically said "f**k you" to a fan base that has absolutely ripped him an undeserving a*****e. Maybe I get flamed for saying that, but god damn. He was a MAN tonight. I know for a fact I would have been crushed by that booing, by the constant HORRIBLE joke of an O-Line we had, and most importantly -- the JOKE of a coaching staff that I had to answer to even though I knew it meant nothing positive. What a disheartening place to be at in a sport you have loved and played your entire life. Alex, f**k man -- do the damn thing.
aint no fair weather fan here...bash me for what ever u choose hostiles...this is the team we have these our the coaches....we've underachieved to an unforseen exponential degree...the circumstances are what they are...0-5 w/ 11 games left...nowhere to go but up...cant fall any further from the expectations we had going in...we have potential across the board...biggest weakness is the poor instincts and ball skills of our secondary...evry team will commit turnovers at inoppurtune times, but if, prior to Mays being inserted as a starter, yer middle linebacker is the fastest man u have on the field, u have a glaring weakness and teams have exploited it week in and week out up to this point...if u ask me our DB's r the biggest reason we are 0-5....of course their are many factors that have led us to where we are now and many will debate my perspective....one thing is for sure, this team has loads of upside in all phases, and I'll continue watching this team and rooting for this team and evry individual therein to succeed....i know evry1's pissed...we all hate losing...but thats no reason not to root for them to succeed...Go Niners
Summary?

We'll look @ the film, and move forward...
Share 49ersWebzone