LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Philladelphia Eagles)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Goodbye Moran Norris, Hello Ted Ginn

Norris played like a bum once again tonight, dropping passes and getting zero leverage in blocking for Frank. Ginn on the other hand, played like a stud, snagging passes and stretching the field. Why do we beat our heads against the wall by trying to run Frank through a mountain? Am I the only one that noticed how much more effective the Spread was compared to Sing-style Offense? Crabtree was thriving, VD exploded, and Smith looked like a pro.

If there is anything we learned from yet another brutal loss, its that our offense is equipped to effectively run the Spread offense.

Singletary, your offensive philosophy stinks. The Spread goes against everything you stand for as a HC. If you have a shred of decency in you, you will get out of Alex's way and let him run the style of offense we have been drafting for for the last six years. Our players fit the system, and they have proven they can score touchdowns running this style offense. You have been utterly disappointing as a coach this year, but you can redeem yourself by letting Alex, Crabtree, Ginn, VD, and Gore thrive the rest of the year in the SPREAD, while we start looking for your replacement.
i was acually hoping i would find a link saying that singeltary was acually gonna do this
Yup.
I posted in this thread to simply thank Ted Ginn for what he did today for us. Simply an outstanding performance!
I say go for it! What else do we got to lose?
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't know if it was Sing limiting Johnson or Johnson himself but we ran the ball up the middle a ton on 1st and 2nd down, a few times to the outside but ONLY 1 PLAYACTION. We had been doing more of that but how many times did the Eagles know it was coming and would have been eating out of our hands if we could properly do a play action or at least call one.

Because last week, Alex Smith played a horrible game and Frank Gore was awesome. Frank Gore is supposed to be our best offensive player while Alex Smith is a bit of an inconsistent commodity. The gameplan should always be to build around Gore.

Of course, the problem with this is that we live and die by Gore's performance. Unless Alex Smith channels some Montana, Young, and Garcia... we should continue to go with Gore while mixing it up in offense.

Frank Gore hasn't been awesome this year. One would think in the first half, with Gore getting 1-2 yards on every first down, and Alex hitting on almost every third down pass, that the OC would adapt and go with what was working. No, not the 9ers.
I think Gore is a great back. To me the problem is that he's used TOO MUCH. There's a reason almost EVERY other team uses multiple backs. It gives the #1 guy a rest to keep him fresh. It gives the defense different looks. And most importantly, if a guy is struggling in a game, spelling him gives another guy a shot at making a play and whatnot.

Westbrook and Dixon add different dimensions to the offense and can each do different things pretty well. I really think the team puts too much pressure on Gore to make something happen.

Oh, and how about a stretch play or something?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwujr1Qwjgk&feature=fvw
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Why not? Smith AND Gore sucked tonight! See they can both suck!
Alex Smith SUCKS! AND Gore look OLD! See I did it again!

Sing should have "rested" Frank after the 1st fumble. Frank has not broken a f**king tackle all season!

I Knew Alex was going to throw that pick in the last minute! Told my wife "even thought everything has played out for us to win, watch Alex f**k it up!" And Boom "The Pick"

I think "The Pick" should be remembered like we do the 'The Catch", a moment that all forty niner fans will never forget, the moment we could all finally agree that ALEX is cursed!

Alex at his best is average! when he is back in the spread, calling audibles and completing passes, he looks like an average NFL qb, thats all average!

Sing=Done!
Alex=Done!

The fans tonight showed great restraint not throwing garbage on the field, but I guess more garbage on the field would be redundant!

Yea, we need a f**king pass rush too!

Done for now the f**king pissed to write anymore!

Do you notice how the majority of the posts bashing Smith and expressing their hatred are highly emotional and void of logic, and most of the posts defending his play tonight are basing their arguments on logic and observation?

Just sayin...

f**k that, I've watch, played and coached football since 1972! and I tell you he is a bum! All of his supporters can take their damn lies and statistics and shove them deep were the sun don't shine!

Maybe you guys haven't seen great or even good Quarter back play in so long you mistake Smiths flashes of Average as flashes of greatness!

I like the kid I think he has talent, but he lacks something you can't find in numbers other that wins and losses, he lacks luck!
So you want a "logic" based argument? SMITH lost again, wins are the only stat that matters!

This post pretty much explains itself...

Just so I understand you. You want me to take me statistics and observations, and shove them. And then you want me to listen to the angry opinion of some guy on the internet.

[Dr. Evil voice] "Rrriiiiiighttt."

You love stats? check Smith's winning pecentage!

Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
I don't know if it was Sing limiting Johnson or Johnson himself but we ran the ball up the middle a ton on 1st and 2nd down, a few times to the outside but ONLY 1 PLAYACTION. We had been doing more of that but how many times did the Eagles know it was coming and would have been eating out of our hands if we could properly do a play action or at least call one.

Because last week, Alex Smith played a horrible game and Frank Gore was awesome. Frank Gore is supposed to be our best offensive player while Alex Smith is a bit of an inconsistent commodity. The gameplan should always be to build around Gore.

Of course, the problem with this is that we live and die by Gore's performance. Unless Alex Smith channels some Montana, Young, and Garcia... we should continue to go with Gore while mixing it up in offense.

Frank Gore hasn't been awesome this year. One would think in the first half, with Gore getting 1-2 yards on every first down, and Alex hitting on almost every third down pass, that the OC would adapt and go with what was working. No, not the 9ers.

Silly goose! Who would ever want to keep using what works!

Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
I posted in this thread to simply thank Ted Ginn for what he did today for us. Simply an outstanding performance!

Except for not turning his f**king head around on that 1st INT. That was NOT an outstanding performance right there.
Why not? Smith AND Gore sucked tonight! See they can both suck!
Alex Smith SUCKS! AND Gore look OLD! See I did it again!

Sing should have "rested" Frank after the 1st fumble. Frank has not broken a f**king tackle all season!

I Knew Alex was going to throw that pick in the last minute! Told my wife "even thought everything has played out for us to win, watch Alex f**k it up!" And Boom "The Pick"

I think "The Pick" should be remembered like we do the 'The Catch", a moment that all forty niner fans will never forget, the moment we could all finally agree that ALEX is cursed!

Alex at his best is average! when he is back in the spread, calling audibles and completing passes, he looks like an average NFL qb, thats all average!

Sing=Done!
Alex=Done!

The fans tonight showed great restraint not throwing garbage on the field, but I guess more garbage on the field would be redundant!

Yea, we need a f**king pass rush too!

Done for now the f**king pissed to write anymore!

Do you notice how the majority of the posts bashing Smith and expressing their hatred are highly emotional and void of logic, and most of the posts defending his play tonight are basing their arguments on logic and observation?

Just sayin...

f**k that, I've watch, played and coached football since 1972! and I tell you he is a bum! All of his supporters can take their damn lies and statistics and shove them deep were the sun don't shine!

Maybe you guys haven't seen great or even good Quarter back play in so long you mistake Smiths flashes of Average as flashes of greatness!

I like the kid I think he has talent, but he lacks something you can't find in numbers other that wins and losses, he lacks luck!
So you want a "logic" based argument? SMITH lost again, wins are the only stat that matters!

This post pretty much explains itself...

Just so I understand you. You want me to take me statistics and observations, and shove them. And then you want me to listen to the angry opinion of some guy on the internet.

[Dr. Evil voice] "Rrriiiiiighttt."

You love stats? check Smith's winning pecentage!

I'm sorry, was that Smith's winning percentage? Or the 49ers team as a whole?

Because there are 10 other guys on the offense.

And if you think THAT's crazy, there's 11 MORE guys doing something called "playing defense."

I know, I know, it's a crazy world that we live in.

Oops, I almost forgot about the 2 other guys calling plays for these respective units. And the 1 guy overseeing everything else. And the family overseeing THEM. Well now it's only one guy, so I guess that increases Alex Smith's share of blame. Damn those denominators are tricky.

[ Edited by norcal49er864 on Oct 10, 2010 at 22:58:27 ]
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

I disagree. Frank has played great this year. Although he hasn't had a great season in terms of running the ball, he's been an effective receiver, saving Alex from having an even worse season this year.

Of course, I'll agree that if Frank isn't picking up yards, we need to pass the ball.
Gore has looked slow AND weak all season. When he gets into the secondary, DB's bring him down.

Gore=Priest Holmes! (6 year career)
... THE FATHER!!!

Share 49ersWebzone