LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Philladelphia Eagles)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by GoreForMore:
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
SCREW THAT s**t!!!!! IT'S ON SMITH!!!

I KNOW GORE FUMBLED, BUT SMITH SUX ASS!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE AWAY HIS STUPID FUMBLE FOR A TD, WE WOULD HAVE WON!!!!!,

IM DONE WITH THIS TEAM!!!! IM DONE, SCREW THIS!!!

yeah im sure you were one of the fake ass fans booing our team at the game. Try supporting your team sometime scrub...... also get out of caps you look like a dumb ass foreigner

so let me get this straight he is a fake fan if he boos a 0-5 team?

fake as F$#k

Quit being such a sheep.

"ITS ALEXS FAULT HE LOSTED THE GAME!!!"

Thanks for the contribution. Go look at his stats. This loss was clearly on Gore, the line, and worst of all the coaching staff putting the game in Gore's hands.

Alex's two interception, a desperate throw downfield and a desperate pass at the end of the game with defenders in his face.

He made a bad play with that fumble and that was it.

The defense played miserable too.

This is what you miss. Alex made a bad play on the play prior to him throwing that last interception. Gore was WIDE open for a TD and Alex can't throw the ball beyond the line of scrimage. He has more balls batted down at the line of scrimage than any QB I can think of; in the history of the game. Alex is simply not a good QB for this team.
Originally posted by esekander:
If you dont think we lost this game cuz of Alex Sb***h, then your blind I am done with that B@#$h Alex and the IFFFIN coach . WHO EVER THINKS ALEX IS GOOD SUCK MY MOTHA F@#$%^ d$%^. I KNOW THEY WILL BOOT ME FOR THIS BUT F#$K ALEX SMITH AND WHO EVER THINKS ALEX IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

When you write out such well thought-out statements such as this one it's hard to not imediately notice your obvious brilliance...

FACT: There were many factors that contributed to alex's 2 ints and 1 fumble.

FACT: The fans booed him in what may be one of the most emotionally intense moments in the NFL

FACT: Alex Smith came out and threw 2 td's to get his team back in the game after said moment, showing that he has more balls than someone like you who can write out poorly-worded insults from behind a keyboard.

FACT: When we changed the playcalling from our standard stone-age-of-football philosphy to something resembling a modern passing game, Alex Smith made plays left and right.

FACT: On that last drive the O-line was swiss cheese and alex pretty much had no time to throw. He took a massive hit trying while he was trying like hell to make a play for his football team so they could win their first game. As a result the ball sailed on him.

No one is saying he didn't throw the interceptions or make bad plays. What we are saying is when you base your entire argument on "OMG 2 INTZ AND Teh FUMBLE HE SUXXXX" we will automatically assume you have no idea what you are talking about because you, in fact, do not know what you are talking about.

This team has much bigger problems then alex smith. It starts with our head coach's insistence on running possibly the s**ttiest offensive play-calling philosophy in the NFL, and also includes our defense's inability to make plays in the secondary.
Originally posted by ttime1:
Gore, the line, and whatever play calling Singletary was forcing down Johnson's throat.

This season is over if we don't tailor the offense to Alex Smith and not Gore. Also, Solari, whats with all the offside penalties at home?

That's smart. Tailor an offense towards a QB who has proven over-over-and over again NOT to be a playmaker.

As far as I am concerned, all of you who continue to come up with exeuses for Smith's lack of performance are getting exactly what you deserve; Coach Sing deserves to be 0-5 for not selecting and preparing your most talented QB to start; management and ownership deserves to be 0-5 for not upgrading the QB position when you had a chance to; and fans who consistently make excuses for a QB who leads the league in turnovers, can't get the ball to open recievers and makes bad decisions deserve this fate for keeping you homer glasses on too long to see the truth. Alex is a good guy; but he is a terrible QB and needs a more dominate team in order to suceed in this league.

Tailoring to Gore and a "fysical" offense, how has that worked so far? You don't have to tell me, the 0-5 record is fairly indicative.

Alex under center = he blows.

Alex in shotgun = very serviceable quarterback for the time being.

Show me where I've advocated Alex Smith as our franchise QB; he isn't, but he's better than any of the other QBs on this team. This thread is about Gore under performing this game. Did you read the title? Just a bunch of fools running around blindly accusing Smith for the teams woes.

None of Alex Smith's touchdowns were in "garbage time", look at what he was working with? Horrible play calling and constant penalties from the o-line, not to mention the constant pressure they allowed.

These fans turning every issue into a black-white, Alex vs. non-Alex is getting vapid and irritating.

This is what you miss. Alex made a bad play on the play prior to him throwing that last interception. Gore was WIDE open for a TD and Alex can't throw the ball beyond the line of scrimage. He has more balls batted down at the line of scrimage than any QB I can think of; in the history of the game. Alex is simply not a good QB for this team.

Did you see the elevation that LB got when he jumped? It was a decent throw with some arc. Once again, the pocket collapsed and he had to roll out.

[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Oct 10, 2010 at 21:37:34 ]
I BLAME EVERYONE!

yeah im sure you were one of the fake ass fans booing our team at the game. Try supporting your team sometime scrub...... also get out of caps you look like a dumb ass foreigner

fake as F$#k

Quit being such a sheep.

Thanks for the contribution. Go look at his stats. This loss was clearly on Gore, the line, and worst of all the coaching staff putting the game in Gore's hands.

Alex's two interception, a desperate throw downfield and a desperate pass at the end of the game with defenders in his face.

ur blaming alex for that pat down? he had less than 1 second to throw the ball and had to move back with a guy right in the face
I'm sorry, blaming the defense is beyond stupid. The defense gave up 20 points. It was enough to win even with the turnovers.

The offense is flat horrific.

After Gore's 2nd fumble, he should have been benched for Dixon. There should be ramifications for poor play of this team and there NEVER is. Not since Singletary sent Davis to the locker room has he exhibited any spine towards the players.

He is terrible, and his tolerance of mistakes is idiotic. You can sit players for a quarter or half - you don't have to get rid of them forever.
I don't care what anybody says but this defense fails time and time again! I believe we have the players needed but the coaching is killing us. We never blitz and our secondary gives up anything that is needed in crucial times.

fake as F$#k

Quit being such a sheep.

im pretty sure ttime and fly1 are dating can anyone confirm this?
Gore had one bad game and had a td even still, and yet if we have um I don't know ummmmmmmm McNabb! Like we should of we're now 4-1. Shaun Hill has a win this season. Alex is 0-5 we should of gotten rid of Alex 2 years ago, he's f the franchise ever since we drafted him. He should of been benched too many times this season and in this game, Coach Sing should be fired, Alex should of been banned from starting years ago, let alone this going into this season, which again I told the world including Webzone that we would not win this division cuz we do not have a QB, and barely anyone believed me, certainly no one on this site. And I got so much negativity thrown my way it's not even funny and I was more right then I thought, I thought at least we'd win that first game which was about as close to a gimme game as you get in the NFL with f'ing Polumbus starting and of course the KC game, but one their better than they looked coming into the season and Alex screws us over worse then I thought and our D had it's only bad game of the year that game. Forget about the word benched, cut the moron.

[ Edited by waiting4number6 on Oct 10, 2010 at 21:38:06 ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
2 INTs and a fumble. f**k him.

Did you just read that stat board on NFL.com or did you watch the game?

lol. Were you in the chat? Better question. When did you become a fan? If you've been watching as long as I have, then you'd see Smith for what he is: A pile of s**t. TD's in garbage time has been his whole f**king career.

Dude I probably been watching as long if not longer than you and I don't see that.

If Rachal could protect his mac and cheese from a 5 year old then Smith could have played better. But Philly DID sub DEs' for DTs' after Frank put the ball on the carpet twice.

That's not Smith's fault last time I checked.

Yeah he put up that one INT that was meant for Ginn. But if Ginn were a competent Receiver he would have turned around in the Red Zone to look for the Ball. The DB did and he picked it. That's not on Smith that's on a DB who for all intents and purposes had a heads up play. Ginn redeemed himself with that monster run back but I don't want him on the field in the Offense EVER again. He just doesn't understand what it is he is supposed to do.

The Fumble on Alex is on Alex but it wouldn't have gone down like this if Frank doesn't put the ball on the carpet twice. Now granted they were both good tackles by Philly, but you gotta secure that sh!t. And as I said why the hell are we doing this Bell Cow thing to ourselves. The opposing D will stack the Line EVERY TIME and it just shoots us in the foot in the end.

We GOTTA stop this now. Dixon needs to be the Focus more and Frank less.

I'm especially pissed at Frank cause he's been playing Football long enough to know that he CANNOT touch the ball after he's out of bounds. He stepped right in front of Morgan and cost the team a 1st down and 10 yards.Stupid stupid stupid penalty!

~Ceadder

How did I know you'd quote me. I'll keep it simple. I'll eat crow if he ever leads this team to the playoffs and beyond. I'd gladly stuff it down my throat. All I've seen for the last 5 weeks is momentum shifting turnovers. Continue with the excuses, I really couldn't care less at this point. I blew enough of my night watching this s**t.

fake as F$#k

Quit being such a sheep.

Dude, Smith had a guy running free at him in his face. He had to get it over the first guy, which he did, then over the second guy, which he almost did. He could have easily been sacked. Yet he made a play to Gore and almost got it there.

fake as F$#k

Quit being such a sheep.

Do you have stats to support that? Probably not and he has more balls batted down than any QB you can think of because

A) Im sure you watch the 9ers more than any other team
2) The O line doesn't punish the D line for going up to bat the ball down.
I don't want to hear Smith or Sing!!!!! These are our biggest weaknesses and they are killing us!!! Which one is the greatest though?

[ Edited by ace8016 on Oct 10, 2010 at 21:42:24 ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran

fake as F$#k

Quit being such a sheep.

im pretty sure ttime and fly1 are dating can anyone confirm this?

yea, and we're also dating the whole stadium right? did u hear that?? boooooooooooooooooooo, poor Alexia, he made a fool of himself, AGAIN
Gore, the line, and whatever play calling Singletary was forcing down Johnson's throat.

This season is over if we don't tailor the offense to Alex Smith and not Gore. Also, Solari, whats with all the offside penalties at home?

That's smart. Tailor an offense towards a QB who has proven over-over-and over again NOT to be a playmaker.

As far as I am concerned, all of you who continue to come up with exeuses for Smith's lack of performance are getting exactly what you deserve; Coach Sing deserves to be 0-5 for not selecting and preparing your most talented QB to start; management and ownership deserves to be 0-5 for not upgrading the QB position when you had a chance to; and fans who consistently make excuses for a QB who leads the league in turnovers, can't get the ball to open recievers and makes bad decisions deserve this fate for keeping you homer glasses on too long to see the truth. Alex is a good guy; but he is a terrible QB and needs a more dominate team in order to suceed in this league.

as far as i am concerned you are not a 49ers fan so pleas leave the forum

Son, unlike you and some others, I want the team to win and realize that you need playmakers in order to do so. I realize that it hurts your feelings; but the truth will set you free here. Repeat after me; "Alex is not a good QB".... I know that it is hard for you to do that but the sooner you can; the better you will be.
Share 49ersWebzone