There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (vs. Philladelphia Eagles)

Maybe if Gore wasn't involved in 90% of the snaps, he wouldn't fumble. We're one of the deepest teams in the league when it comes to RB. Chalk it up to bad coaching!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Joe montana won a super bowl with less skill position talent then the 49ers have right now.

That is a very talented offense that ginn jr put in great field posistion all night long.

The results were crap.....against an average team that is beat up.

very well put
MaioccoCSN

49ers RB Frank Gore: "I didn't give Alex any help." Gore lost two fumbles. He said he wanted Smith to remain in the game.
Gore had a very poor game tonight. He slipped down on at least three runs I recall as well as the two fumbles. He also hit the wrong hole on two pretty obvious runs.

Smith kept the team in the game despite his fumble but Gore did very little for the team.
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
Just to be clear:

Alex 1st INT - took a shot down the field on 2nd and 12 (after o-line penalty), Ginn enver finds it in the air, piked off. Result was better than a punt, which was a pretty good possibility if that pass is incomplete, looking at 3erd and 12.

Alex fumble - This was a bad play, but for some reason the announcers ignored the fact that as Alex went to throw the Blitz read pass to Davis, he FELL DOWN. So Alex pulls it in and is then running for his life, trying to make a play. Better blocking, or VD staying vertical, and it works out OK. As it is, big mistake, bad result.

Alex 2nd INT - No blocking, hit as he throws, ball flutters high. This is unavoidable when a guy comes free and hits a QB as he throws.

Other than these 3 plays Alex was terrific, and the first one I wasn't the least bit annoyed about. The last 2 are equally on the O-line, who were terrible on a lot of plays. Add in a bad running game, as usual (under 3 yards per carry) and 2 drive-killing fumbles, plus a missed 40-yarder, and I think its safe to look away from Alex for the main cause of this loss.

The spread should be here to stay. Alex from the gun is something to deal with, and having Moran Norris in the game provides no positives. He cant run, catch, or block and is generally just in the way. Gore is better running and receiving out of the shotgun anyway. Just go with it already.
Singletary could have caved into the crowd and benched Smith....but he didn't, and it gave us a fighting chance.

Smith wasn't the only one who made mistakes...and to get booed like that. I don't know what to say.

I am happy that he responded positively to it. The negative reaction forced the Niners to be proactive offensively.

They should have been doing that for the whole game.....instead of wasting downs handing off to Gore.[/right]
Why the F&^K isn't Alex in the gun the whole game?!!!!

The guy is a spread QB....nothing will ever change that. He is a force when in the gun.

That fumble was f*cking terrible, yes. But every QB makes terrible plays. I can't freaking wait till alex is on another team.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Back in 2004 as I was watching the 9ers lose to the Bills by 40 I said to myself "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2005 as I was watching the 9ers lose to the Seahawks by 38 I said to myself "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2006 as I was watching the 9ers give up 41 points to the Bears in the first half I said to myself "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2007 as I was watching the 9ers lose to the freaking Browns I said to myself "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2008 as i was watching the 9ers get blown out at home by the Seahawks I said "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2009 as i was watching the 9ers get demolished by Falcons at home I said to myself "man this is rock bottom."

And here we are, 6 years after that rock bottom 2-14 season and the results on the field are all the same. I just don't see any hope in this franchise.

thanks for bringing up the memories. now excuse me while i tie this rope around my neck.
The 49ers really know how to lose.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
2 INTs and a fumble. f**k him.

Did you just read that stat board on NFL.com or did you watch the game?

lol. Were you in the chat? Better question. When did you become a fan? If you've been watching as long as I have, then you'd see Smith for what he is: A pile of s**t. TD's in garbage time has been his whole f**king career.

Dude I probably been watching as long if not longer than you and I don't see that.

If Rachal could protect his mac and cheese from a 5 year old then Smith could have played better. But Philly DID sub DEs' for DTs' after Frank put the ball on the carpet twice.

That's not Smith's fault last time I checked.

Yeah he put up that one INT that was meant for Ginn. But if Ginn were a competent Receiver he would have turned around in the Red Zone to look for the Ball. The DB did and he picked it. That's not on Smith that's on a DB who for all intents and purposes had a heads up play. Ginn redeemed himself with that monster run back but I don't want him on the field in the Offense EVER again. He just doesn't understand what it is he is supposed to do.

The Fumble on Alex is on Alex but it wouldn't have gone down like this if Frank doesn't put the ball on the carpet twice. Now granted they were both good tackles by Philly, but you gotta secure that sh!t. And as I said why the hell are we doing this Bell Cow thing to ourselves. The opposing D will stack the Line EVERY TIME and it just shoots us in the foot in the end.

We GOTTA stop this now. Dixon needs to be the Focus more and Frank less.

I'm especially pissed at Frank cause he's been playing Football long enough to know that he CANNOT touch the ball after he's out of bounds. He stepped right in front of Morgan and cost the team a 1st down and 10 yards.Stupid stupid stupid penalty!

~Ceadder

good post
Originally posted by susweel:
The entire team pretty bad, but the qb gets much of the blame.

You don't have an agenda or anything.

Frank Gore and the oline were the core problems here. You're like a cheer leader for the Raiders that just happened to put on a 49ers dress.

2 INTs and a fumble. f**k him.

Did you just read that stat board on NFL.com or did you watch the game?

lol. Were you in the chat? Better question. When did you become a fan? If you've been watching as long as I have, then you'd see Smith for what he is: A pile of s**t. TD's in garbage time has been his whole f**king career.

Was I IN THE CHAT?

I don't care how long you've stared at a TV screen, his TDs weren't in "garbage time". He was the only person that put this team back in the game.

Maybe after you get done with some intense chat action, you can pick this little book up

You asked if I watched the game. I gave you an answer.

Go ahead support him. Obviously you never saw an offense guided by a real QB. I remember when I used to spout nonsense like Alex putting the team on his back. Reality, we're 0-5 and he gave the ball up 3 times and gifted the eagles 7 with the dumbest play I have ever seen, and he has the MOST ints in the NFL. So funny, right?
Originally posted by GoreForMore:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Gore, the line, and whatever play calling Singletary was forcing down Johnson's throat.

This season is over if we don't tailor the offense to Alex Smith and not Gore. Also, Solari, whats with all the offside penalties at home?

That's smart. Tailor an offense towards a QB who has proven over-over-and over again NOT to be a playmaker.

As far as I am concerned, all of you who continue to come up with exeuses for Smith's lack of performance are getting exactly what you deserve; Coach Sing deserves to be 0-5 for not selecting and preparing your most talented QB to start; management and ownership deserves to be 0-5 for not upgrading the QB position when you had a chance to; and fans who consistently make excuses for a QB who leads the league in turnovers, can't get the ball to open recievers and makes bad decisions deserve this fate for keeping you homer glasses on too long to see the truth. Alex is a good guy; but he is a terrible QB and needs a more dominate team in order to suceed in this league.

as far as i am concerned you are not a 49ers fan so pleas leave the forum

GlennCoffeeForMore
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Back in 2004 as I was watching the 9ers lose to the Bills by 40 I said to myself "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2005 as I was watching the 9ers lose to the Seahawks by 38 I said to myself "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2006 as I was watching the 9ers give up 41 points to the Bears in the first half I said to myself "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2007 as I was watching the 9ers lose to the freaking Browns I said to myself "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2008 as i was watching the 9ers get blown out at home by the Seahawks I said "man this is rock bottom." Back in 2009 as i was watching the 9ers get demolished by Falcons at home I said to myself "man this is rock bottom."

And here we are, 6 years after that rock bottom 2-14 season and the results on the field are all the same. I just don't see any hope in this franchise.

preseason champs turned real-deal chumps!

alexis is weak.

we need to cut off the bell cow's ankles. she is no longer any good... chop off all of HER limbs.. the bell cow fumbles too much!

grandma in a hoveround can run circles around members in our secondary!

singletary has a gross fetish for alexis and it's making me sick to my stomach!!!

PS: SHAUN HILL (the ugly woman i voted out) WON WITH THE LIONS TODAY!!!!!!
Originally posted by alpha81:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Guys I think Smith needs to go. HE isn't good enough for the effect that he has on the fanbase. I have rarely seen anything like it in my life. The responses in this thread (some of them) and during the game, the horrible lack of class by the fans in the stadium, and Yes, Alex's almost good enough, but not quite good enough with this team all point to one thing.

Release Alex. Do it now.

Release him annnnnnndddd do what else???

Lose the rest of the season. Maybe give Nate Davis a look near the end. Fire Sing at the end of the season, and start over. There are still a lot of good players on the team, but I am convinced that a well respected coach who has a vision for a modern offense and defense needs to be hired. After that I say pick up a free agent QB if one is available, and then draft a stud in the first round and develop him the right way.

I'm not saying it is pretty, I just don't think that it is meant to be here for Alex.
Quote:
Alex fumble - This was a bad play, but for some reason the announcers ignored the fact that as Alex went to throw the Blitz read pass to Davis, he FELL DOWN. So Alex pulls it in and is then running for his life, trying to make a play. Better blocking, or VD staying vertical, and it works out OK. As it is, big mistake, bad result.

Noticed that VD fell down, and Collinsworth (idiot) saying that he should have thrown it out there anyway.

That probably would have gotten picked.

The mistake though...same as Nate last week, he should have held onto the ball.