There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith + Crabtree = disaster (statistical proof)

Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
It's pretty simple to understand. You don't play or practise during preseason, your play suffers. Not a coincedence, that Smith seems to be on the same page with everyone else, but can't connect with a player he hasn't had much live reps with, not just this year, but last year too.

how do you explain their chemistry last year? what was Smith's passer rating with Crabs last year?

How do you explain the drastic difference of Smith's QB rating going to Crabs compared to EVERY other player who participated during the offseason? Really, there is only 1 explanation.

I wouldnt say that was chemistry last year either. Prob had a lot to do with Crabs being unknown at that point to the NFL. No film on the guy at that point.
It's pretty simple to understand. You don't play or practise during preseason, your play suffers. Not a coincedence, that Smith seems to be on the same page with everyone else, but can't connect with a player he hasn't had much live reps with, not just this year, but last year too.

how do you explain their chemistry last year? what was Smith's passer rating with Crabs last year?

How do you explain the drastic difference of Smith's QB rating going to Crabs compared to EVERY other player who participated during the offseason? Really, there is only 1 explanation.

I wouldnt say that was chemistry last year either. Prob had a lot to do with Crabs being unknown at that point to the NFL. No film on the guy at that point.

i think its because crabtree is strictly a spread WR
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i think its because crabtree is strictly a spread WR

That's true too and prob part of the problem.. I'm not saying Smith is perfect or even that good. He has his issues, but it's pretty evident he isnt the issue here
[ Edited by Jordache49 on Oct 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM ]
Double Post
[ Edited by Jordache49 on Oct 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM ]
Double Post

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
To WRs
Smith: 22 of 46, 264 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT
QB Rating: 36.9

Now remove plays thrown to Crabtree and you'll see the point of this thread.

Crabtree is not to blame for Alex Smith Suckage
Mike Nolan was not to blame for Alex Smith Suckage
Jimmy Raye was not to blame for Alex Smith Suckage
Norv Turner was not to blame for Alex Smith Suckage
Lame Kwame Harris is one of the worst tackles to ever start in the NFL -- but even he isn't to blame for Alex Smith Suckage.

Let's please stop this practice of throwing other players under the bus to explain the pi$$ poor play of Alex Smith?

This thread is ridiculous and should be locked immediately. Alex Smith has sucked for years. Bringing Crabtree onboard hasn't made him worse. Alex sucked as badly in 2005 as he sucks now in 2010.

This and That

I get the point, it's not Alex's fault he sucks now it's crabtree's

I don't care I put it ALL on Smith, stay late with Crabs, get on him to run his routes, build chemistry, be a f**king leader!
You think Drew Breese is great because all his wr's are great, or because he DEMANDS it from them?

Alex is a not an alpha male and everyone in the locker room smells it, he can't lead even if he tried. A real man would have told Nolan to Shut the f**k up and give me the damn ball, but Alex sat and took it, why because he is not an Alpha male he is a b***h!

Now come on, do you think Steve would have to tell Jerry to stay. If anything Smith put his time in, and Crabs decided to sit out the entire pre-season. OR maybe u forgot what Sing said, the elephant finally showed itself. And why DAvis called him out. So come on, u can knock Smith which is cool, but put the same blame on CRabs as well, thats all im saying.

Crabs is a grown ass man, and just like Nate Davis, if he cant be an Alpha male, and take charge of his own life and position, and tell himself that he needs to work on his craft to be better, then he shouldnt be on the team. If i remember Smith stayed all summer throwing to all the wideouts including Crabs. But in the pre-season games, only they were able to build a rapport.

Even tho we went 4-0 in pre-season which dont mean s**t, it was funny how we won with Crabs out on the side, while Smith built a rapport with everyone else but Crabs. I mean i laughed when Zieglar doesnt have half the talent crabs might, besides his speed, but it's funny when i see him play the WR position better than CRabs, (right now that is). I mean he goes up and gets the ball, regardless of the pass, and doesnt tip the ball in the air, or seem to slip constantly, or above all, give alex 4 int's when throwing in his direction.

I mean this is about Smith and Crabs connection, and at this point, want to face fact or not, but Smith will most likely throw an INT when throwing in Crabs direction as opposed to everyone else. Which the stats were put up to prove just that.

Are you comparing Crabtree to Jerry Rice, you know who Jerry Rice was don't you? He was the greatest player at any position ever in NFL history, yea a far comparison! LOL

You say VD had to call him out, why? Because Alex Smith is too much of a puss, VD had to be the leader!

Have you heard any of the interviews with Saints receivers? Drew Breese stays late EVERY DAY and DEMANDS the same from his wide outs, how late do they stay? Until Drew is done! What does he demand in the off season, the same hard work and dedication.

Is Crabtree a lazy puss, looks like it from here, his leader has to take him aside and straiten him out, to bad it's VD not Alex.

Alex is simply not an Alpha Male, he is incapable of leadership.That seems to be the one missing peice of an otherwise gifted kid, not his fault just who he is made.

Now GC, all that and u didnt even adress what I said. Comparing him to Jerry Hell no, but it's funny u correct me in that aspect, but have u ever corrected anyone when they compare Smith to Young, Montana, Brees, Brady, etc.

And u know what i use the example of work performance. The great ones dont get great because someone has to stay on their back to be great, they strive for greatness.

And this Alpha Male stuff. You mean to tell me, because he's not doing the things that you think he should do, that it makes him soft. Well correct me if im wrong, but there were tons of QB's in history that didnt say much, but just threw the ball, and did what they had to do.

And maybe u havent read about all the time he spent this summer, with Raye, with Johnson, and even now, after the change. Smith has been with his OC almost constantly. So u mean to tell me, to please Crabs instead of working on the offense as a whole, he should be putting more time into connecting with one player. When his fellow WR's spent all offseason, and PRE-SEASON working out the kinks. Wouldnt u say the mindframe of being a Diva and being all about me would fall under this category.

The niners offense is trying to gel as it is, and the WR position means nothing if the QB doesnt know the calls, formations, etc. He's getting up to speed now, and if anything brotha, Crabs should be going up to Smith saying i'll stay here until ur done with coach Johnson then lets run some routes a bit.

Above all, regardless of what excuse u make for Crabs, and down Smith, it still doesnt change the fact that u had 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and maybe even 6th on the depth chart WR's putting more work and time in than the supposed no 1 receiver. And Smith didnt have to say anything to them. I think ur just really reaching brotha instead of looking at fact and dealing with the aspect that Smith may be even far from "good", but right now Crabs isnt playing like a first round WR period.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Oct 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM ]
To WRs

Lame Kwame Harris is one of the worst tackles to ever start in the NFL -- but even he isn't to blame for Alex Smith Suckage.

Let's please stop this practice of throwing other players under the bus to explain the pi$$ poor play of Alex Smith?

This thread is ridiculous and should be locked immediately. Alex Smith has sucked for years. Bringing Crabtree onboard hasn't made him worse. Alex sucked as badly in 2005 as he sucks now in 2010.

This and That

I don't care I put it ALL on Smith, stay late with Crabs, get on him to run his routes, build chemistry, be a f**king leader!
You think Drew Breese is great because all his wr's are great, or because he DEMANDS it from them?

Alex is a not an alpha male and everyone in the locker room smells it, he can't lead even if he tried. A real man would have told Nolan to Shut the f**k up and give me the damn ball, but Alex sat and took it, why because he is not an Alpha male he is a b***h!

Now come on, do you think Steve would have to tell Jerry to stay. If anything Smith put his time in, and Crabs decided to sit out the entire pre-season. OR maybe u forgot what Sing said, the elephant finally showed itself. And why DAvis called him out. So come on, u can knock Smith which is cool, but put the same blame on CRabs as well, thats all im saying.

Crabs is a grown ass man, and just like Nate Davis, if he cant be an Alpha male, and take charge of his own life and position, and tell himself that he needs to work on his craft to be better, then he shouldnt be on the team. If i remember Smith stayed all summer throwing to all the wideouts including Crabs. But in the pre-season games, only they were able to build a rapport.

Even tho we went 4-0 in pre-season which dont mean s**t, it was funny how we won with Crabs out on the side, while Smith built a rapport with everyone else but Crabs. I mean i laughed when Zieglar doesnt have half the talent crabs might, besides his speed, but it's funny when i see him play the WR position better than CRabs, (right now that is). I mean he goes up and gets the ball, regardless of the pass, and doesnt tip the ball in the air, or seem to slip constantly, or above all, give alex 4 int's when throwing in his direction.

I mean this is about Smith and Crabs connection, and at this point, want to face fact or not, but Smith will most likely throw an INT when throwing in Crabs direction as opposed to everyone else. Which the stats were put up to prove just that.

Are you comparing Crabtree to Jerry Rice, you know who Jerry Rice was don't you? He was the greatest player at any position ever in NFL history, yea a far comparison! LOL

You say VD had to call him out, why? Because Alex Smith is too much of a puss, VD had to be the leader!

Have you heard any of the interviews with Saints receivers? Drew Breese stays late EVERY DAY and DEMANDS the same from his wide outs, how late do they stay? Until Drew is done! What does he demand in the off season, the same hard work and dedication.

Is Crabtree a lazy puss, looks like it from here, his leader has to take him aside and straiten him out, to bad it's VD not Alex.

Alex is simply not an Alpha Male, he is incapable of leadership.That seems to be the one missing peice of an otherwise gifted kid, not his fault just who he is made.

Now GC, all that and u didnt even adress what I said. Comparing him to Jerry Hell no, but it's funny u correct me in that aspect, but have u ever corrected anyone when they compare Smith to Young, Montana, Brees, Brady, etc.

And u know what i use the example of work performance. The great ones dont get great because someone has to stay on their back to be great, they strive for greatness.

And this Alpha Male stuff. You mean to tell me, because he's not doing the things that you think he should do, that it makes him soft. Well correct me if im wrong, but there were tons of QB's in history that didnt say much, but just threw the ball, and did what they had to do.

And maybe u havent read about all the time he spent this summer, with Raye, with Johnson, and even now, after the change. Smith has been with his OC almost constantly. So u mean to tell me, to please Crabs instead of working on the offense as a whole, he should be putting more time into connecting with one player. When his fellow WR's spent all offseason, and PRE-SEASON working out the kinks. Wouldnt u say the mindframe of being a Diva and being all about me would fall under this category.

The niners offense is trying to gel as it is, and the WR position means nothing if the QB doesnt know the calls, formations, etc. He's getting up to speed now, and if anything brotha, Crabs should be going up to Smith saying i'll stay here until ur done with coach Johnson then lets run some routes a bit.

Above all, regardless of what excuse u make for grabs, and down Smith, it still doesnt change the fact that u had 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and maybe even 6th on the depth chart WR's putting more work and time in than the supposed no 1 receiver. And Smith didnt have to say anything to them. I think ur just really reaching brotha instead of looking at fact and dealing with the aspect that Smith may be even far from "good", but right now Crabs isnt playing like a first round WR period.

theres no coming back from that. we have a winner!!!
Smith + McCarthy = disaster

Smith + Norv = Ok

Smith + Hostler = disaster

Smith + Martz = disaster (didnt really play, but he sucked in preseason)

Smith + Raye = debatable, but I;ll go with disaster as well

Smith + Nolan = Hell

Smith + Singletary = even more hell

how do you explain their chemistry last year? what was Smith's passer rating with ?Crabs last year

Well to help Shaj out, this was actually asked earlier during TC, and Raye responded, that Crabs was only given a hand full of plays to learn, thats why it seemed so fluid. If you give someone 5 to 8 basic plays to learn it's all good. Now he had the entire offseason and pre-season to work on his craft, and he wasted all pre-season sittin on the side, instead of working out the kinks, and learning the entire playbook. And he may even know it now, but those intracacies of even the body language that you use, when things go wrong isnt even developed between he and Smith.

A new year, with new things. I mean because of evolution, Crabs has to learn more than just the 5 plays. But some of you think he'll just study the playbook, then turn it on because he produced with a handful of plays. All this on Smith, but shouldnt Crabs look a lot better in his second year, instead of worse?
I really wish the Smith is awful people would leave some threads alone, because this is actually very interesting.

Why is Crabtree sucking so badly?

Is it a talent thing? Does he simply not have the speed, agility, size, or smarts to play in the NFL?

Is it an effort thing? Does he know his playbook, does he know the routes, does he properly perform the routes, does he make the right adjustments?

Is it a defensive thing? Is he getting double teamed, is the defense trying to take him out of the game?

Is it a coaching thing? Is he simply not being put in the proper places to make an impact?

I sincerely hope it is a coaching issue, that can, and at this rate will, be resolved by the end of the season. I fear though that Crabtree just isn't that good. He hasn't been quick off the line or quick into and out of his cuts. Balls hit him in the hands and get tipped up in the air. And worse, he seems lazy. Crabtree is in the midst of a bust-caliber season of epic proportions and while there is certainly plenty of blame to go around, he personally deserves a ton of it.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
To WRs

This and That

Above all, regardless of what excuse u make for grabs, and down Smith, it still doesnt change the fact that u had 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and maybe even 6th on the depth chart WR's putting more work and time in than the supposed no 1 receiver. And Smith didnt have to say anything to them. I think ur just really reaching brotha instead of looking at fact and dealing with the aspect that Smith may be even far from "good", but right now Crabs isnt playing like a first round WR period.

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Oct 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Smith + McCarthy = disaster

Smith + Norv = Ok

Smith + Hostler = disaster

Smith + Martz = disaster (didnt really play, but he sucked in preseason)

Smith + Raye = debatable, but I;ll go with disaster as well

Smith + Nolan = Hell

Smith + Singletary = even more hell

under hostler smith was 2-1

i would put raye as ok

cause of last year
the loss against sb champs steelers

just saying

Answer his question.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
To WRs

This and That

Softie