LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Smith + Crabtree = disaster (statistical proof)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gawd, I can;t read another one of these "A Smith potential threads"... f**k Smith and f**k the a*****e who drafted him!!!! This cancer has cost us 5 long f**king years!!! DAMN WHY CANT ANYONE ON THE 49ers ORG SEE THIS!!! Do they watch f**king tape? DO they watch the games? Is Jed York blind? HOW BOUT... THIS SMITH = DISASTER PERIOD!!! If you watched every stinking game he started since 2006 you would see ---There is no upside to this mess of a wanna be QB! I wish he'd just quit and never come back.
Seriously how many years are we gonna give this retard a chance. 49ers are a joke and any fan who has been here since the 80's can see this.

Sorry rant over...
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by Shaj:
It's pretty simple to understand. You don't play or practise during preseason, your play suffers. Not a coincedence, that Smith seems to be on the same page with everyone else, but can't connect with a player he hasn't had much live reps with, not just this year, but last year too.

how do you explain their chemistry last year? what was Smith's passer rating with Crabs last year?

How do you explain the drastic difference of Smith's QB rating going to Crabs compared to EVERY other player who participated during the offseason? Really, there is only 1 explanation.

I wouldnt say that was chemistry last year either. Prob had a lot to do with Crabs being unknown at that point to the NFL. No film on the guy at that point.

Answer his question.

If he wants to know about last years rating, he can dig it up himself. I don't have time. At this point, last year is irrelevant anyways. I'm talking this year and the piss poor chemistry they have.

Can you explain why his QB rating is so low when throwing to Crabs compared to every other player on the roster? Smith seems to get it right to everyone besides Crabs. What's the difference between Crabs and the other players on the team? He fuked off in TC. Pretty simple concept
Statistics also show us that Niners + football in 2010 = disaster...

Here's the proof.
Game 1, 0 Wins, 1 Loss.
Game 2, 0 Wins, 2 Losses..
Game 3, 0 Wins, 3 Losses....

Here's a link to the data...
Originally posted by 49ermark:
Gawd, I can;t read another one of these "A Smith potential threads"... f**k Smith and f**k the a*****e who drafted him!!!! This cancer has cost us 5 long f**king years!!! DAMN WHY CANT ANYONE ON THE 49ers ORG SEE THIS!!! Do they watch f**king tape? DO they watch the games? Is Jed York blind? HOW BOUT... THIS SMITH = DISASTER PERIOD!!! If you watched every stinking game he started since 2006 you would see ---There is no upside to this mess of a wanna be QB! I wish he'd just quit and never come back.
Seriously how many years are we gonna give this retard a chance. 49ers are a joke and any fan who has been here since the 80's can see this.

Sorry rant over...

How is this a thread about Smith's "potential?"
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Wow, you guys crack me up with your blind hatred for Smith. The stats are right there in front of you, but you keep blaming Smith.

Smith throwing to Morgan : 10 of 17, 114 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 98.7

Smith throwing to Walker : 6 of 8, 59 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 95.3

Smith throwing the VD : 15 of 25, 173 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.9

Smitht throwing to Gore : 22 of 29, 203 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
QB Rating: 91.6

Smith throwing to Z : 5 of 8, 50 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.2

Smith throwing to Crabtree : 6 of 19, 81 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT
QB Rating: 6.6

I didn't read these stats and say, "See I told you, Smith is garbage".
I read these stats and said, "Man, I wish Crabtree would've played a little in preseason".
Smith and Crabtree obviously are NOT on the same page here. Smith's QB rating is pretty decent when throwing to ANYONE other than Crabtree.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not a Alex fanboy. But I'm not a hater either. It's painfully obvious that Crabtree is simply not prepared to play. Rather it's running the wrong pattern or making the wrong adjustment to the covering CB, Crabs play is clearly unacceptable.

I'd like to think that with Johnson calling the plays, maybe Crabtree will come around. I get the feeling that the offense has had a "why bother, we can't win with these playcalls anyway" mentallity, including Crabtree. There is hope now that Raye is gone. Hopefully we'll see the offense play with a little more confidence and attitude, including Crabtree.

Logic...Logic? Who said anything about logic?
Normally this type of statistic is useless but in this case I think it's valid. It would be one thing if Smith couldn't hit any of his WRs. That's just not the case here. It's clearly an issue with Crabtree only. They BOTH have to fix it fast.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Quote:
On Smith's 19 passes targeted at Crabtree, he has six completions for 81 yards with no touchdowns and four interceptions. Quarterback rating: 6.6.
On Smith's 100 passes targeted at other receivers, he has 66 completions for 651 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. Quarterback rating: 86.7.

Let's not pretend that 86.7 is a good QB rating. That would be good enough to rank 16th in the league.

Subtract all of his work against the team's best corner and he still can barely get to an average quarterback.

Play calling on the Road with a young OLine didn't play any part in that right? Did you NOT see that Smith averages over 90 in most cases. Not good enough to be top 7 or even 8. But not bad for a guy people refer to as a Bust.

Face it, Smith is NOT as bad as he's made out to be around here. I hope Johnson can actually call a good flow of calls to keep momentum in our favor. Not calling two Screens on top of each other, not calling a FB Dive when a HB Counter would work better. I would like to see more Play Action, which Raye RARELY ever called. Smith can sell fakes to the RB pretty damn well. I just never understood why Raye and Sing did not get together and create a game plan using a lot of Play Action. Especially when they went to the Spreadcoast last season. Maybe 1 or 2 out of every 15 plays was Play Action. And that's being generous on my part.

I'm not going to hold my breath for a good outcome in Atlanta, but we should at least be in the same building in the event of a Loss.

We were not even in the same zip codes in Shattle and Kansas Shatty.

~Ceadder

Every team has 8 road games a year. Everyone else faces the same stuff Alex does.

If you selectively pick out stats...

I'm just going to agree with you that hopefully Johnson brings out the best in him. I don't think the season is lost just yet.

Ummmm isn't this what YOU do?

~Ceadder

No, it's what Alexcusers do. They subtract things off his record to make him look like a better QB.

People who hate on Alex don't have to selectively pick out anything. They just show his 16-27 record and career 69 rating and call it a day.

LOL you are so far in one camp that you can't see the obvious bias in it. Keep lying to yourself bro. Alex "haters" are the more unbiased ones LOL.

We're 0-3, 31st in points scored.

I don't think the season is over, and I don't think Alex is done just yet, but who are you guys kidding so far he hasn't played well enough to keep his job after this season.

I know alot of you guys have boughten into the Nolan/Singletary philosophy were your quarterback is a liability and the rest of the team carries him around, but it's just not how the league works. You look at qb's with an above 90 rating and 10/13 of those teams have a 2-1 record (Orton, Rivers, and Romo are the exceptions).

And ALEXGAIN, Playcalling had NOTHING to do with 0-3 right?

And pardon me for reminding you, but our Defense got ripped a new a$$hole all day long and DIDN'T do their part to keep the Offense on the field.

You can continue to rip Smith. At this point I could give a truck. I used to listen to you. Now I just feel sorry for you.

~Ceadder
It's pretty simple to understand. You don't play or practise during preseason, your play suffers. Not a coincedence, that Smith seems to be on the same page with everyone else, but can't connect with a player he hasn't had much live reps with, not just this year, but last year too.

how do you explain their chemistry last year? what was Smith's passer rating with Crabs last year?

Don't act like Tree caught everything that was thrown his direction last year. He had A LOT of drops. Ducked a completely CATCHABLE Pass in the End Zone like Brandon Lloyd did also.

So don't come here acting like this is all on Smith. Everyone else is catching Passes. Tree cause FIVE... that's right FIVE INTERCEPTIONS Smith had 3 almost Interceptions but they weren't picked off. Chemistry has EVERYTHING to do with the issues between Smith and Tree. If you weren't so damn negative all the time you'd be able to admit this to yourself.

Look at Ziggy. The man gets on the field and makes the catchable Passes look good. I'm not talking about on the numbers. I'm talking about the ones that he has to stretch out for. I'm talking about the ones that could get him hurt. But that's his F@KIN job. That's what I expect of someone who plays the position. Making the ones on the numbers look pedestrian and making the ones that are hard to come up with decent.

Jerry Rice did that EVERY time he got on the field from his 2nd year on. If Tree were preparing like he OUGHT to, he would be playing like Ziggy.

You say you believe Smith has to play like a 1st rounder? What about Tree? Does he get an autopass because we have a "Bust" under Center? If so carry your ass on, cause you have ZERO credibility now.

~Ceadder
For some of the posters in here:

Go figure, huh?

Don't act like Tree caught everything that was thrown his direction last year. He had A LOT of drops. Ducked a completely CATCHABLE Pass in the End Zone like Brandon Lloyd did also.

So don't come here acting like this is all on Smith. Everyone else is catching Passes. Tree cause FIVE... that's right FIVE INTERCEPTIONS Smith had 3 almost Interceptions but they weren't picked off. Chemistry has EVERYTHING to do with the issues between Smith and Tree. If you weren't so damn negative all the time you'd be able to admit this to yourself.

Look at Ziggy. The man gets on the field and makes the catchable Passes look good. I'm not talking about on the numbers. I'm talking about the ones that he has to stretch out for. I'm talking about the ones that could get him hurt. But that's his F@KIN job. That's what I expect of someone who plays the position. Making the ones on the numbers look pedestrian and making the ones that are hard to come up with decent.

Jerry Rice did that EVERY time he got on the field from his 2nd year on. If Tree were preparing like he OUGHT to, he would be playing like Ziggy.

You say you believe Smith has to play like a 1st rounder? What about Tree? Does he get an autopass because we have a "Bust" under Center? If so carry your ass on, cause you have ZERO credibility now.

~Ceadder

LOL cause Smith had nothing to do with those interceptions. Wait, didn't Sing even say one was completely Alex's fault? But I forgot, in your word if anyone says a single thing is wrong with Smith, you interpret it as if they were saying that they think he's the devil and all others around him are god...

I probably shouldn't post this; but, your posts are so ignorant that they've become funny to read. Talk about Zero Credibility...
[ Edited by D_Niner on Oct 1, 2010 at 4:01 PM ]

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Normally this type of statistic is useless but in this case I think it's valid. It would be one thing if Smith couldn't hit any of his WRs. That's just not the case here. It's clearly an issue with Crabtree only. They BOTH have to fix it fast.

Agreed. It's a startling stat though. I thought it would have been obvious after the first game that both Smith and Crabtree are not on the same page. Yet, the same trend continued into the next two games.

Smith and Crabtree need to lock themselves into a film room to figure out what is wrong.

-9fA

How do you explain the drastic difference of Smith's QB rating going to Crabs compared to EVERY other player who participated during the offseason? Really, there is only 1 explanation.

I wouldnt say that was chemistry last year either. Prob had a lot to do with Crabs being unknown at that point to the NFL. No film on the guy at that point.

Honestly Shaj, it's hard to explain the drop-off in the on-field chemistry between Smith and Crabtree.

Although a shot at an explanation could be that last year Crabtree was only exposed to a small subset of plays. And with that small set of plays, there was little gray area in the on-field execution between Smith and Crabtree.

This year, as the offense has been expanded, clearly both Smith and Crabtree are on different pages. So who is at fault? I'd like to pin it more on Crabtree than Smith, but they each share a good portion of the blame.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Honestly Shaj, it's hard to explain the drop-off in the on-field chemistry between Smith and Crabtree.

Although a shot at an explanation could be that last year Crabtree was only exposed to a small subset of plays. And with that small set of plays, there was little gray area in the on-field execution between Smith and Crabtree.

This year, as the offense has been expanded, clearly both Smith and Crabtree are on different pages. So who is at fault? I'd like to pin it more on Crabtree than Smith, but they each share a good portion of the blame.

-9fA

100% on the money IMO.

I even agree that Crabs is more so at fault with this; but, Alex isn't doing him any favors with some of the ball placement issues he has... Both have got some work to do!
Originally posted by D_Niner:

~Ceadder

LOL cause Smith had nothing to do with those interceptions. Wait, didn't Sing even say one was completely Alex's fault? But I forgot, in your word if anyone says a single thing is wrong with Smith, you think they are automatically saying that they think he's the devil and all others around him are god...

I probably shouldn't post this; but, your posts are so ignorant that they've become funny to read. Talk about Zero Credibility...

Sorry D, my bad. I'm just so fed up I lumped an extra one in there.

Still though, when you combine these statistics with last years statistics AND the Red Zone statistics it's showing that Smith while a PART of the problem is not THE problem. Not the way you guys act like he is anyway.

PLAY CALLING SUCKED. How many people here bished about being about to say what the play was aloud before the snap? Rhetorical don't answer.

Smith threw that ONE bad Pass to Frank and Frank tipped it up and it was picked. Frank lets it go and it's an Incompletion that doesn't hurt us.

So all in all Smith has 1 Int and 3 ALMOSTS.

Tree has 2 slips causing the Defense to get Ints' and 1 Dohhhhp! where he ran his route to the sideline instead of Ending it where he was SUPPOSED TO... Oh and almost forgot he had that one that was RIGHT TO HIM that he took his eyes off and attempted to run upfield. Were the Passes pretty? Don't know on three of them but the 4th was right to him and Catchable.

Take that from my zero credibilty.

Seriously though, you say people make excuses about Alex? Once Tree pulls his head out of the ole pooper factory exuses will become less and less around here.

You shouldn't complain about the fans supporting him. You should complain when the players fail on every side of the equation. Pretty simple and easy to reflect on when you have no hate flowing in your veins.

~Ceadder
QBs' throw off target ALL THE TIME. Even Brees does.

The difference between them and Alex? Their Receivers make them look like Gods.

The issue is if Tree WERE prepared like an NFL QB, he would understand his routes. Is their any question that he doesn't?

Smith has to prepare and know EVERYBODYS routes. He OBVIOUSLY does.

So let's not give Passes to unprepared Players and blame it all on the QB. If Smith throws stupid picks I will say something about it and it WILL be his fault. My MO has never waivered. I was the best TEAM that we can get. This is all aspects of the team. Not just the QB and the RB.

I don't blame Gore for drops because quite frankly he posts solid R&R stats every year. Some Passes have come in like bullets and Backs WILL have a hard time adjusting to that. They should still work on it but it's not as big as a Receiver who is not prepared enough to know that not every Pass is going to be a thing of beauty. Reaction has to be second nature. And when you do not play in the Preseason, it's GOING TO affect your chemistry with the QB. So YOU have to do something about that. Not the QB.

My Coaches NEVER expected my QB to adapt to me. I was supposed to adapt to him and if I didn't then I didn't get as many snaps as I would like. This is the NFL right? Not the WRL?

Does anyone besides me see the irony of expecting the QB to adapt HIS game to one Receiver? Doesn't that have consequences regarding the OTHER Receivers? I know I'm not the only person that knows this. You can spin this to favor your myopic argument all you want but the simple fact is that all the other Receivers on this team understand that they have to put in the work.

Smith made it all the way through College without one complaint from his Receivers.

Now you want HIM to adjust his game so that Tree doesn't have to be prepared. Silly me I thought that in the NFL in order to get ahead you HAD to be prepared.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone