LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Smith + Crabtree = disaster (statistical proof)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Wow, you guys crack me up with your blind hatred for Smith. The stats are right there in front of you, but you keep blaming Smith.

Smith throwing to Morgan : 10 of 17, 114 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 98.7

Smith throwing to Walker : 6 of 8, 59 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 95.3

Smith throwing the VD : 15 of 25, 173 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.9

Smitht throwing to Gore : 22 of 29, 203 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
QB Rating: 91.6

Smith throwing to Z : 5 of 8, 50 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.2

Smith throwing to Crabtree : 6 of 19, 81 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT
QB Rating: 6.6

I didn't read these stats and say, "See I told you, Smith is garbage".
I read these stats and said, "Man, I wish Crabtree would've played a little in preseason".
Smith and Crabtree obviously are NOT on the same page here. Smith's QB rating is pretty decent when throwing to ANYONE other than Crabtree.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not a Alex fanboy. But I'm not a hater either. It's painfully obvious that Crabtree is simply not prepared to play. Rather it's running the wrong pattern or making the wrong adjustment to the covering CB, Crabs play is clearly unacceptable.

I'd like to think that with Johnson calling the plays, maybe Crabtree will come around. I get the feeling that the offense has had a "why bother, we can't win with these playcalls anyway" mentallity, including Crabtree. There is hope now that Raye is gone. Hopefully we'll see the offense play with a little more confidence and attitude, including Crabtree.

The fact that we have to go back and breakdown Smith's play, to the level of individual performances, just goes to show how bad a QB he is. Again, this is nothing more than tailoring to the interests of Alex supporters. Overall, he's garbage, isnt moving the chains, throwing costly picks...........so lets break his game down until we can find areas where he looks great. We can debate all we want on how he has a great QB rating when throwing to Ziegler and/or Morgan, but the reality is that Smith isnt getting his receivers involved PERIOD. The WR position is non-existent on this squad (at this point), so to break down how well he's performing when passing to Morgan is really a moot point.

Now see what I mean ZRF. Thats exactly what im talking about. WE give you facts and now ur coming with the theories and if we gotta do this or that. when u yourself just made a thread talkin about the quarterback and the blessing in disguise crap.

See, this is why u have no credibility, and most say ur just blowing smoke, because u cant accept when things arent backing your point of view. U making excuses for this or that, or this. And the proof is in your face. And he's not getting his receivers involved, thats why they have stats. Sometimes i wonder if you really read what your writing.

Or do you take a pull first, exhale, then write.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Wait.... so Smith is the entire reason that we are losing in your opinion?

What matters is WINS. WINS are a team effort. Always. Though the degree of the team effort can vary.

The NT "hater" mantra seems to be that when the team wins, it is IN SPITE of Smith, but when it loses, it is BECAUSE of Smith.

All I ask is for consistency. If one thinks that wins are what matter, don't harp on a poor Smith performance if the team wins or loses. On the other hand, if one thinks that Smith's performance - win or lose - is what counts, then don't complain about losses when Smith plays well.

Can't have it both ways....

Winner.
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I understand that there are Alex Smith fans on this board who want to sink or swim with Alex at QB. Wins and losses do not matter. What matters is statistics and whether Alex is behind center.

0-6 will be the ONLY stat that matters. And it will be squarely on Alex Smith's shoulders.

What matters is WINS. WINS are a team effort. Always. Though the degree of the team effort can vary.

The NT "hater" mantra seems to be that when the team wins, it is IN SPITE of Smith, but when it loses, it is BECAUSE of Smith.

All I ask is for consistency. If one thinks that wins are what matter, don't harp on a poor Smith performance if the team wins or loses. On the other hand, if one thinks that Smith's performance - win or lose - is what counts, then don't complain about losses when Smith plays well.

Yeah i second that one, spot on brotha.

I understand that there are Alex Smith fans on this board who want to sink or swim with Alex at QB. Wins and losses do not matter. What matters is statistics and whether Alex is behind center.

0-6 will be the ONLY stat that matters. And it will be squarely on Alex Smith's shoulders.

You make it sound like we've actually won with Smith. He has a 16-27 starting record. If we were 3-0 people wouldn't be killing Alex right now.
Once again, a quality statistical thread followed by immature-childish responses. Typical Niner Talk for you.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

You make it sound like we've actually won with Smith. He has a 16-27 starting record. If we were 3-0 people wouldn't be killing Alex right now.

I think that you missed the point, my man.

Nah, he's making it sound like whether we win or lose people blame Smith regardless if we win or lose. And you'd have to be lying to yourself if you think otherwise. And he's also pointing out that we have actually lost to 0-3 as a team, not just on Smith.

the past is the past, but i mean this year, when we seemed to click was against NO. Smith put the team on his shoulders, and brought us back. And even converted a 2pt conversion, which i swore we wouldnt get.

All the D needed to do was stop Brees, to take at least to OT, to see if we had a fighting chance. Exactly what the great ones do in the end (and no i dont mean him, just what the proven QB's do), which is bring teams back, is what he did. The D lost that one in the end.

But wouldnt u know, even tho he made noise, and everyone around the league said he played his ass off. Only some of the haters in here still said he sucked, and we lost cuz of him. Thats what he's talking about. He did his job, the d helped lose that for us, but irregardless it was still all Smith's fault in some peoples eyes
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Oct 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Nah, he's making it sound like whether we win or lose people blame Smith regardless if we win or lose. And you'd have to be lying to yourself if you think otherwise. And he's also pointing out that we have actually lost to 0-3 as a team, not just on Smith.

I don't buy that at all. If we were 3-0 or 2-1 for that matter Alex wouldn't be getting half of the criticism that he is. Jimmy Raye would still have his job, and Singletary wouldn't be on the hot seat.
To WRs
Smith: 22 of 46, 264 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT
QB Rating: 36.9

I've seen enough, why oh why did we not pick up Edwards? Edwards, T. Smith, Carr, with Nate on the practice squad! looking to draft a QB early in the first round next season, hell if we let Alex play the rest of the season we could probably have the #1 selection over all!

A QB who can't hit his wide outs does not belong in any league, let alone the NFL!

PS Jeff Garcia is tearing up the AFL! just saying don't mean nothing, just saying I mean I aint saying I'm just saying, you know....what ever...later
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
To WRs

Now remove plays thrown to Crabtree and you'll see the point of this thread.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Quote:
On Smith's 19 passes targeted at Crabtree, he has six completions for 81 yards with no touchdowns and four interceptions. Quarterback rating: 6.6.
On Smith's 100 passes targeted at other receivers, he has 66 completions for 651 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. Quarterback rating: 86.7.
To WRs

PS Jeff Garcia is tearing up the AFL! just saying don't mean nothing, just saying I mean I aint saying I'm just saying, you know....what ever...later

Daunte Culpepper had a nice game last week in the home opener for the Sacramento Mountain Lions!
Originally posted by Wodwo:
To WRs

Crabtree is not to blame for Alex Smith Suckage
Mike Nolan was not to blame for Alex Smith Suckage
Jimmy Raye was not to blame for Alex Smith Suckage
Norv Turner was not to blame for Alex Smith Suckage
Lame Kwame Harris is one of the worst tackles to ever start in the NFL -- but even he isn't to blame for Alex Smith Suckage.

Let's please stop this practice of throwing other players under the bus to explain the pi$$ poor play of Alex Smith?

This thread is ridiculous and should be locked immediately. Alex Smith has sucked for years. Bringing Crabtree onboard hasn't made him worse. Alex sucked as badly in 2005 as he sucks now in 2010.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
To WRs

I get the point, it's not Alex's fault he sucks now it's crabtree's

I don't care I put it ALL on Smith, stay late with Crabs, get on him to run his routes, build chemistry, be a f**king leader!

You think Drew Breese is great because all his wr's are great, or because he DEMANDS it from them?

Alex is a not an alpha male and everyone in the locker room smells it, he can't lead even if he tried. A real man would have told Nolan to Shut the f**k up and give me the damn ball, but Alex sat and took it, why because he is not an Alpha male he is a b***h!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Didn't see the stat anywhere, but I ran the numbers....

Smith throwing to all WRs minus Crabtree: 95.5 rating
Share 49ersWebzone