There are 208 users in the forums

Smith + Crabtree = disaster (statistical proof)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Cause before Crabtree got here Smith was tearing the NFL a new azzhole!....Damn you Crabtree for ruining a national treasure and greatest Qb in Niner history!

rename this tread:

"IT'S NOT HIS FAULT PART 6: The Check-Down Menace"

It's a good point though. How come Smith's rating wasn't so sky high before Crabs was here, if Crabs is the root of all his problems?

Cause I drank the Alex Smith Kool Aid.....It's GOT to be Crabtree's fault! The KoolAid is strong! I mean even when Smith is throwing to Crabtree and it results in a tipped int. We Smith backers ask each other"Who was that to?" Crabtree! NOT ALEX"S FAULT.....Now with that cleared up,"Bartender another round of the KOOL AID shaken ed or stirred !!!!!
Interesting stuff.

This just goes to show how important it is to establish timing, trust, and chemistry between your starting QB and his "#1" target. They both need to get their sht together.

Some of you are ridiculous. This has nothing to do with who's "FAULT" it is. Get over yourselves.
The pick Flowers had in the KC game was on Crabtree. He didn't run the wrong route but he did slip on his break. If he hadn't that ball was going to hit him right in the chest and Flowers was going to be climbing his back. At worst it would have been a PI. At best Flowers misses a tackle and crabs take it a long way.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Also 4 out of 5 INTs Alex has throw this season have had Crabtree as the target

Most of them were poor decisions and bad passes. Alex tries to force it to Crabtree too much.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Interesting stuff.

This just goes to show how important it is to establish timing, trust, and chemistry between your starting QB and his "#1" target. They both need to get their sht together.

Some of you are ridiculous. This has nothing to do with who's "FAULT" it is. Get over yourselves.

I agree man, maybe Crabtree's mentality is "Hey Alex won't be around here long anyway, so why bother putting in extra time to build chemistry. I'll wait for the next QB!" !?! lol
Can someone explain why Crabtree was effective last year without training camp or practice reps with Smith?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Can someone explain why Crabtree was effective last year without training camp or practice reps with Smith?

spread offense
I am not a real Smith supporter but many here in Niner talk are really wishy washy. If Alex throws the same pass As Cassel to the tight end thats make a great catch well Alex was high and off target. Cassel looks like a champion because his players made plays. Same with Brees on the game winning drive on Monday night on an under thrown and behind the receiver but his receiver makes him look great. Every game Qb's around the league make less than accurate throws but the receivers or backs make plays. I do not see our group really going out and making plays. There have been plenty of opportunities for them to make something out of a less than accurate pass but they don't. Yes Smith needs to do a much better job but his so called play makers look pretty ordinary week in and week out.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

spread offense

We def spread things out more last year.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Let's test how much you really believe this data. Bench Crabtree and Smith's QB rating automatically goes up to mid to high 80's, true or false? Is there anyone here who really believes that?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by bigmike55:
drafting Alex Smith = disaster

/end thread.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
I am not a real Smith supporter but many here in Niner talk are really wishy washy. If Alex throws the same pass As Cassel to the tight end thats make a great catch well Alex was high and off target. Cassel looks like a champion because his players made plays. Same with Brees on the game winning drive on Monday night on an under thrown and behind the receiver but his receiver makes him look great. Every game Qb's around the league make less than accurate throws but the receivers or backs make plays. I do not see our group really going out and making plays. There have been plenty of opportunities for them to make something out of a less than accurate pass but they don't. Yes Smith needs to do a much better job but his so called play makers look pretty ordinary week in and week out.

First of all, Cassel does not look like a champion.

Second, Smith's problem is not his passing (although this can be debated). His main problem is that he gives up on plays too quickly. There were times where we had receivers wide open but Smith had already committed to his check down because he was not comfortable in the pocket. The TV announcers were even pointing it out during the Seattle game.
If a quarterback gives up on the play, it doesn't matter how well anybody else is playing or how wide open they are.

When Smith is operating out of the shotgun, he seems to stick with the play much longer.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Let's test how much you really believe this data. Bench Crabtree and Smith's QB rating automatically goes up to mid to high 80's, true or false? Is there anyone here who really believes that?

We Smith backers need a scape goat....so if Crabtree ain't in...then there will be 13 page slamfest blaming *insert name*...
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

First of all, Cassel does not look like a champion.

Second, Smith's problem is not his passing (although this can be debated). His main problem is that he gives up on plays too quickly. There were times where we had receivers wide open but Smith had already committed to his check down because he was not comfortable in the pocket. The TV announcers were even pointing it out during the Seattle game.
If a quarterback gives up on the play, it doesn't matter how well anybody else is playing or how wide open they are.

When Smith is operating out of the shotgun, he seems to stick with the play much longer.

good points, but that doesn't address the ongoing accuracy issue he has, both with completions and non-completions.
Now Crabtree is the problem. More Alexapathy.
Share 49ersWebzone