There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reasons to be optimistic, despite being 0-3. (At least I hope so.)

Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Originally posted by elguapo:
the hardest part of our schedule is over with the road games against no and atl out of the way as well as the game at sea, the only game i see us losing in the last span after the bye week are at sd and at gb. I still think we go 9-7 to 10-6. even at 9-7, i think we win the division with ariz and sea finishing 7-9 to 8-8 anyway. No panicing here, our sched we all knew would be difficult and i think most of us said we would lose to NO, ATL and at SEA anyway, so before the bye most of us said 3 to 4 losses....still on pace

Pay attention man, do you watch the games? It is not just that we lose, but in Seattle and KC we looked pitiful. Pitiful! We are the worst team in the league right now, based on performance, adjusted for opposition. Worse than the Raiders. Worse than the Rams. Worse than the Browns. We could play a lot better and still finish last in our division. 0-3 and we are on pace for 10-6 or 9-7? Not the way we play!

I think everyone forgot we have TWO rookies on the O line as well as Bass playing center for the first time in the NFL. They laid an egg in both of those games at very tough stadiums to play for vet lineman, but at home they played excellent and the entire team looked good (minus the TOs). Its pretty simple we can only go as far as our line takes us.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Only three teams have ever started 0-3 and made the playoffs. 0-4 and 0-5 is right around the corner. How is that for positive

History is written every season...
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Only three teams have ever started 0-3 and made the playoffs. 0-4 and 0-5 is right around the corner. How is that for positive

History is written every season...

Only bad history for this team
naah we suck ! unless we prove otherwise !
I too am optimistic, I truly believe that one BIG play is gonna ignite this team! It's a game of emotions and right now the team is barely hanging on when it comes to confidence.

Just imagine an 80 yard opening play bomb to VD...he does the dirtybird dance, silences the crowd, Singletary smiles ....swagger injected throughout the team....I would super serial cry.....
Originally posted by ManBearPig:
I too am optimistic, I truly believe that one BIG play is gonna ignite this team! It's a game of emotions and right now the team is barely hanging on when it comes to confidence.

Just imagine an 80 yard opening play bomb to VD...he does the dirtybird dance, silences the crowd, Singletary smiles ....swagger injected throughout the team....I would super serial cry.....

I agree that this team is in need of a big play or two in a very bad way. Both sides of the ball have been extremely disappointing thus far. I think the last time I was excited was on Clements interception on the first play of the season. Tying the Saints late was cool, but that was only a tie...
When Sing swallows his pride and realizes HIS philosophy will not win games, then I will be more optimistic, Mike Johnson could be more of the same if sing insists on establishing a power running game first, and then throwing the ball out of desperation because our offense is so predictable and obvious, Sing needs to allow plays to be inserted that will MOVE THE BALL ...PERIOD
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
When Sing swallows his pride and realizes HIS philosophy will not win games, then I will be more optimistic, Mike Johnson could be more of the same if sing insists on establishing a power running game first, and then throwing the ball out of desperation because our offense is so predictable and obvious, Sing needs to allow plays to be inserted that will MOVE THE BALL ...PERIOD

I wonder how much Sing influenced the playcalling on game day. I do not see him saying "yay" or "nay" to certain play calls on gameday. The only influence Sing should have on the offense is making the call to go for it on 4th down, challenge, or other necessary HC decisions...

I am guessing Sing described his vision to Jimmy Raye.
Jimmy Raye followed his vision to a T.
Sing never questioned him.

I am hoping MJ will carry Sing's "vision" loosely. If we are moving the ball and scoring points, then Sing will have to sit back and ride along.
We will be an 5-11 team at seasons end. Atlanta is NOT going to be one of those 5 wins.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
When Sing swallows his pride and realizes HIS philosophy will not win games, then I will be more optimistic, Mike Johnson could be more of the same if sing insists on establishing a power running game first, and then throwing the ball out of desperation because our offense is so predictable and obvious, Sing needs to allow plays to be inserted that will MOVE THE BALL ...PERIOD

I wonder how much Sing influenced the playcalling on game day. I do not see him saying "yay" or "nay" to certain play calls on gameday. The only influence Sing should have on the offense is making the call to go for it on 4th down, challenge, or other necessary HC decisions...

I am guessing Sing described his vision to Jimmy Raye.
Jimmy Raye followed his vision to a T.
Sing never questioned him.

I am hoping MJ will carry Sing's "vision" loosely. If we are moving the ball and scoring points, then Sing will have to sit back and ride along.

The thing is if Sing feels his job is on the line he might not be giving Johnson that same speech he gave Raye of following his vision. He's just told him to do whatever it takes to get the offense rolling regardless of his vision. It is a learning experience for sing as well he just appears to learn the hard way. He should've have been able to see these problems before it got to this point.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
When Sing swallows his pride and realizes HIS philosophy will not win games, then I will be more optimistic, Mike Johnson could be more of the same if sing insists on establishing a power running game first, and then throwing the ball out of desperation because our offense is so predictable and obvious, Sing needs to allow plays to be inserted that will MOVE THE BALL ...PERIOD

I wonder how much Sing influenced the playcalling on game day. I do not see him saying "yay" or "nay" to certain play calls on gameday. The only influence Sing should have on the offense is making the call to go for it on 4th down, challenge, or other necessary HC decisions...

I am guessing Sing described his vision to Jimmy Raye.
Jimmy Raye followed his vision to a T.
Sing never questioned him.

I am hoping MJ will carry Sing's "vision" loosely. If we are moving the ball and scoring points, then Sing will have to sit back and ride along.

The thing is if Sing feels his job is on the line he might not be giving Johnson that same speech he gave Raye of following his vision. He's just told him to do whatever it takes to get the offense rolling regardless of his vision. It is a learning experience for sing as well he just appears to learn the hard way. He should've have been able to see these problems before it got to this point.



Sing's coaching talents are on the defensive side of the ball, from now on we need to depend on offensive minds that have experience calling a game, no more hiring unproven coaches and HOPING they pan out, Jimmy Raye was a veteran offensive coach, but he never enjoyed any major success as an offensive coordinator, I hope in the future we hire coaches based on their accomplishments, hopefully Mike Johnson isn't over his head
No.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Yes, the media is down on our team (then again, when aren't they?). But why are you, if you're a fan? As fans, we should want to see our team do well, regardless of the situation! We should want to believe that they can turn it around. We should want to remember that less than a month ago we understood that they were a young, up and coming, talented football team. How did we know this? Well, we've been watching them play for the last few years and we've been watching them progress and we witnessed them barely get edged out of the playoffs last year, mostly by their own doing.

Here's a quick reminder that I think many people have forgotten. A football schedule consists of 16 games that are played over the course of 17 weeks. In any given football season, many teams will go on three or more game winning streaks, three or more game losing streaks, etc. Some teams that start off 2-0 fall far from making the playoffs, some that start 0-2 do make the playoffs. Heck, some teams that start 0-3 even make the playoffs.

Look at how we've arrived at 0-3.

Week 1 - A disappointing loss due to BEATING OURSELVES at the loudest stadium in the league.
Week 2- A disappointing loss to the defending world champs after turing the ball over four times in addition to snapping the ball through the back of the endzone.
Week 3 - A bad game, by and large, against what might be an underrated opponent.

Combined, we've lost to three teams that are 7-2 and would be 8-1 if Hartley had made his chipshot last week. In other words, we've been beaten by decent teams, or in venues that are hard to win in.

On the bright side, we have 13 games left to play, and the middle of our schedule is very soft and could present an opportunity for the 49ers to go on the longest winning streak they've been on in recent memory.

I know it is hard to imagine being 0-3, but I'd like for everyone to remember that we are indeed a talented football team and we proved last year that we could compete with the very best talent. Hell, we proved last Monday night that we could compete with the very best talent.

As fans, we need to quit being so up and down. It isn't go for us or our organization. All we can do is hope for the best and cheer our guys along. If our coaches can get their acts together, we can start thumping teams the way we thought we were going to heading into the season.

Through the first three weeks, we saw a boring offensinve attack, lead by a man who we knew was more than capable of leading a boring and unimaginative attack. But he is gone now. And in his place is the younger, unproven, but 2-0 as an OC, Mike Johnson.

We very well could see a new football team on offense come Week 4, or Week 5. Don't forget we have talents in Gore, Davis, Westbrook, Morgan, Walker, Smith, Dixon, Zeigler and Crabtree (and yes he deserves to be last on the list).

I'll close with this: We are a talented football team! We are the most talented football team in our division! We have 13 weeks left to prove it! If you want to jump off the bus, go for it. But do us all a favor who are sick and tired of reading the same negative posts from the same posters throughout the entire day, and jump off of the message board as well.

If we can go 8-5 or better, and finish at 8-8, the division is likely ours. If you've looked at our schedule and you don't think that is attainable, I'm amazed you've had strong enough faith in this team to hang on the bus for this long.

THE SEASON IS NOT OVER! THIS IS STILL OUR YEAR!

after week one we all said the only way to go was up right ?
it couldn't be worse, right ?
yes it's not worse right now
well we just all forgot that there's another way around : stay on an even level : we're still bad and we didn't go up
But hey yeah we gotta be optimistic cos' we can't go down, it can't be worse than this
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Yes, the media is down on our team (then again, when aren't they?). But why are you, if you're a fan? As fans, we should want to see our team do well, regardless of the situation! We should want to believe that they can turn it around. We should want to remember that less than a month ago we understood that they were a young, up and coming, talented football team. How did we know this? Well, we've been watching them play for the last few years and we've been watching them progress and we witnessed them barely get edged out of the playoffs last year, mostly by their own doing.

Here's a quick reminder that I think many people have forgotten. A football schedule consists of 16 games that are played over the course of 17 weeks. In any given football season, many teams will go on three or more game winning streaks, three or more game losing streaks, etc. Some teams that start off 2-0 fall far from making the playoffs, some that start 0-2 do make the playoffs. Heck, some teams that start 0-3 even make the playoffs.

Look at how we've arrived at 0-3.

Week 1 - A disappointing loss due to BEATING OURSELVES at the loudest stadium in the league.
Week 2- A disappointing loss to the defending world champs after turing the ball over four times in addition to snapping the ball through the back of the endzone.
Week 3 - A bad game, by and large, against what might be an underrated opponent.

Combined, we've lost to three teams that are 7-2 and would be 8-1 if Hartley had made his chipshot last week. In other words, we've been beaten by decent teams, or in venues that are hard to win in.

On the bright side, we have 13 games left to play, and the middle of our schedule is very soft and could present an opportunity for the 49ers to go on the longest winning streak they've been on in recent memory.

I know it is hard to imagine being 0-3, but I'd like for everyone to remember that we are indeed a talented football team and we proved last year that we could compete with the very best talent. Hell, we proved last Monday night that we could compete with the very best talent.

As fans, we need to quit being so up and down. It isn't go for us or our organization. All we can do is hope for the best and cheer our guys along. If our coaches can get their acts together, we can start thumping teams the way we thought we were going to heading into the season.

Through the first three weeks, we saw a boring offensinve attack, lead by a man who we knew was more than capable of leading a boring and unimaginative attack. But he is gone now. And in his place is the younger, unproven, but 2-0 as an OC, Mike Johnson.

We very well could see a new football team on offense come Week 4, or Week 5. Don't forget we have talents in Gore, Davis, Westbrook, Morgan, Walker, Smith, Dixon, Zeigler and Crabtree (and yes he deserves to be last on the list).

I'll close with this: We are a talented football team! We are the most talented football team in our division! We have 13 weeks left to prove it! If you want to jump off the bus, go for it. But do us all a favor who are sick and tired of reading the same negative posts from the same posters throughout the entire day, and jump off of the message board as well.

If we can go 8-5 or better, and finish at 8-8, the division is likely ours. If you've looked at our schedule and you don't think that is attainable, I'm amazed you've had strong enough faith in this team to hang on the bus for this long.

THE SEASON IS NOT OVER! THIS IS STILL OUR YEAR!

it can't be worse than this

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
When Sing swallows his pride and realizes HIS philosophy will not win games, then I will be more optimistic, Mike Johnson could be more of the same if sing insists on establishing a power running game first, and then throwing the ball out of desperation because our offense is so predictable and obvious, Sing needs to allow plays to be inserted that will MOVE THE BALL ...PERIOD

I think firing Jimmy Raye was a step in that direction.