LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

Reasons to be optimistic, despite being 0-3. (At least I hope so.)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • CMORE
  • Veteran
Our season will be fine. All i wanted Monday was for Jimmy to be canned. I was like a kid on Christmas morning listening to KNBR when they anounced the NFL network news. I called three friends immediately, had a skip in my step the rest of the day. Going 0-3 was a blessing in disguise. This offense was going to disappoint sooner or later. When the preseason offense looks flashier then the regular you've got problems. Prepare for Morgan over the top, Westbrook in the flat, Smith 10+ yard scampers... on and on...

Go Niners
that was a good 15-30 minutes of wasting time writing all that....for no reason
Originally posted by Yetiman:
I'll agree that it's a talented team. Now it's up to the team leaders (Willis, Davis, Heitmann, Gore, Smith) and the coaches to turn it around and start winning games.

I have a lot of hope that Mike Johnson opens the offense up in a big way.

And in the end, the only thing that counts is the number of W's you have at the end of the season.

Agree
No thanks.
So are you going to write a novel after every loss?
There is 0-3 and there is 0-3. I would not mind being 0-3 if the team had played well, but both the O and the D are last or nearly last in the NFL. Sure, our opponents are 7-2, but 3 of the 7 wins were us! Who said we were any good in the first place? We were way over-rated. Sure, we will improve, but there is no other way to go. It is just so depressing, year after year. Trout, I'm glad for you that you can feel so good about it all.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
First of all I have bee a Niner fan for 27 years and would like to have a reason to be optomistic. But Last year we were 5-1 in our division, we were 3-7 outside of our division. And this year our offense is still predictable. We run up the middle on first or second downs. If we pass on first down we will run up the middle on second for sure.

Our defense is not getting the sacks we got last year. Not getting the turnovers we got last year. Our head coach is a an inspirational speaker but poor game manager, he doesnot want to admit that teams that are contenders have Qb's that win game for the them. Our Defense always finds a way to give up a big play.

The only thing I see as a positive is that Gore is not getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage as much as before. This is due to Bass, Davis and Iupati whom will be a solid offense if we become less predictable. We need to keep Defenses of balance we have to take shots down field. Need to throw on early downs and use the pass to set up the running plays.
Singletary will be fired at some point during the year or at the end of the year?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Singletary will be fired at some point during the year or at the end of the year?

surprised by your optimism
[ Edited by father49er on Sep 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM ]
Here's a reason to be optimistic: this may be the last week of the season for us to have a chance of being optimistic. After we look like a team this Sunday who's offense is being run by a first year OC coming into game four of the regular season, there won't be anymore optimism to look for.

Seriously guys, hope with all your might this week because reality is that we have an interim OC with zero experience a quarter into the season. We will be overhauled unless Singletary found his ONLY gem of a coach from his personnel and I highly doubt that.

The main guy to ask about this O is Westbrook because he's from an NFL program and can tell if we have something here.

Gruden for HC '11
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I've had enough -- thank you.

Think I'll start drinking juice, like my white friends do.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
So are you going to write a novel after every loss?

Maybe three.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
There is 0-3 and there is 0-3. I would not mind being 0-3 if the team had played well, but both the O and the D are last or nearly last in the NFL. Sure, our opponents are 7-2, but 3 of the 7 wins were us! Who said we were any good in the first place? We were way over-rated. Sure, we will improve, but there is no other way to go. It is just so depressing, year after year. Trout, I'm glad for you that you can feel so good about it all.

I don't really feel that good. I just am far from giving up. It saddens me that so many people feel as they do.
the hardest part of our schedule is over with the road games against no and atl out of the way as well as the game at sea, the only game i see us losing in the last span after the bye week are at sd and at gb. I still think we go 9-7 to 10-6. even at 9-7, i think we win the division with ariz and sea finishing 7-9 to 8-8 anyway. No panicing here, our sched we all knew would be difficult and i think most of us said we would lose to NO, ATL and at SEA anyway, so before the bye most of us said 3 to 4 losses....still on pace
Share 49ersWebzone