LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

PYMWYMI: Do Niners make the Playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I will tell you Monday if I want to be on this wagon.
Originally posted by Chief:

Ticket prices will have gone up by then! Hell with it Chief, thrown caution to the wind for once and live a little. Jump on
Originally posted by Chief:

this
I'm still in! If they lose this game to the Falcons I dunno though... GO NINERS!! SUPERBOWL #6!
I havent gotten off the bandwagon. Still here.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I hope no one on that list gets tested for jobs at their job, they are obviously on something, I hope it is legal.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Rhino_So:

I just wanted to bump this.
I'm on board until we are technically out of it.
Originally posted by cNiner:
The "We Are Still Going To The Playoffs Bandwagon"

WE WILL STOP DREW BREE----ERR I MEAN MATT RYAN

Originally posted by BobS:
I hope no one on that list gets tested for jobs at their job, they are obviously on something, I hope it is legal.
I never went anywhere; this is gonna happen. Not the ideal position, but this thing is far from over, especially in our division.

Mike Tyson had a cool quote at the end of Ultimate Fighter the other night that I think applies to our situation. I won't quote it cuz I can't remember it exactly, but it went something like: when you fight you remain humble. And if you can't remain humble; fighting will humble you...

Now it was about 10 times more difficult than it needed to be, probably cost the wrong guy his job and took over a year in the making, but I think we've seen our head coach monumentally humbled. What used to be a pinheadedly, unwavering, almost slavish commitment to molding our offense into something it's not, has been replaced by a little bit of humility (as much as we'll get from proud Mike anyway) and I personally believe we will see a visible level of compromise from Sing when it comes to his "vision" for the club. We all understand what Sing wants to do and it's a goal worth pursuing...just not at the cost of winning ball games; not a hard lesson for most people to learn, but I think Sing gets the point and has finally checked his ego...or at least had his ego checked for him.

The defense is what it is and they'll fight their asses off in the red zone, but we have some work to do in the off season if they're going to improve to a championship level defense. That's why you draft and we've done that reasonably well as of late. Still good enough to get to the playoffs in my book. Bend but don't break is ugly as hell, but I think that's probably what we'll see for the rest of the season when this offense starts scoring some damn points...that or the opposite end of the spectrum and we let our LB's run absolutely wild, which I wouldn't mind seeing (but I won't hold my breath). These DB's can't make a play without exposing themselves over the top, not to mention they have absolutely no support from the pass rush so let em use the back of the end zone as cover over the top and cloud that red zone up with goddamn zone coverage in the short field. Our run defense and tackling is good enough to hold em to FG's...f**k it! We'll play big boy defense next year.

Here's to the start of our 2010 season if we can pull at least 3 wins out before the bye week, I think we can make a real run at this thing down the back stretch.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by BobS:

Hey man my company provides kool-aid in the kitchen!
per OP's request

• ZRF80
NO.
Share 49ersWebzone