LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

If we go 1-7 we should let Nate Davis finish the year as the Starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
LOL....Is it just me or do people keep forgeting that Nate Davis is currently FOURTH on the depth chart, not second.

I like Nate Davis...in fact a made a video of him from last preseason for youtube, but its clear the franchise isn't as high on him as we fans are.

The thing is if we are 1-7 or 0-8 the season is done. The other 2 backups are here to take over if we are in the playoff hunt and Smith isn't playing well or gets hurt. If the team is 0-8 all the back up stuff goes out the window and it's time to start looking at what they have to make a decision for the draft.
Originally posted by pd24:
Might as well throw him out there for 8 real games and see what we have. If he is as good as some people think he can be, we wouldn't have to spend a 1st round pick on a QB and can adress the CB position or get a legit pass rusher.

It would be better than throwing Carr or T. Smith in there.

Thoughts?

what win are you giving us?
Put him in NOW!!!! There ain't a better QB on the roster!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by plummerfan:
Might as well throw him out there for 8 real games and see what we have. If he is as good as some people think he can be, we wouldn't have to spend a 1st round pick on a QB and can adress the CB position or get a legit pass rusher.

It would be better than throwing Carr or T. Smith in there.

Thoughts?

what win are you giving us?

lol
Not unless we are getting regularly blown out. We need to give Alex his full year to prove himself. Nate will have plenty of time in the future to work on his skills.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shaj:
Sing's job is on the line. There is no way he will throw an unknown out there to see what happens. He needs to win games to keep his job.

if we are 1-7, that means he isn't winning games.

our schedule is harder on the front end if I remember right, isn't it? same thing happened last year.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Usually the number 2 is everyone's favorite when the starter struggles, here it is the 3rd and 4th string QB. What does that say? I don't think the QB answer is on the current roster. I don't think anyone's 3rd stringer has ever amount to anything, anyone know one who has? Please don't say Shaun Hill.
Nate Davis is retarded. like this thread.
  • dj43
Sing's job is on the line. There is no way he will throw an unknown out there to see what happens. He needs to win games to keep his job.

if we are 1-7, that means he isn't winning games.

our schedule is harder on the front end if I remember right, isn't it? same thing happened last year.

After the Philly game, the only two really tough teams are the Packers and the Chargers. It is conceivable the 49ers could go 0-5 and finish 9-2.

We all knew that these first five games would be difficult, not only because of the schedule but also with two rookie OL and a new center. While the WAY they lost these games has been VERY disturbing, the fact they lost them should not have been a great surprise. Seattle and KC are two of the toughest road games for anyone, and NO is the World Champion. 0-3 was a fairly predictable start, all things considered.
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Here we go again...

Nate BLOWS

If anything, Troy should get a shot

I would like to Troy get some PT. I think is alright.

Troy Smith
So basically, if Smith fails, forget the 2 guys behind him on the depth chart, make the PS QB start?

WOW. Just delusional. Get off his jock
  • dj43
Originally posted by aman49:
Troy Smith

What intrigues you about Troy Smith?
nate davis is not gonna be playing unless ALL 3 QBs get hurt.....so get over it.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
PS QB does not = Answer

We have a PS coach that alot of people thought was the answer. The PS coach is they guy that decided to cut this QB who was played as good or better than any QB that is on our roster. Sice Sing isn't a good coach and knows nothing about offense or the QB position, I don't take his decision seriously. Sing needed to put himself on the PS.

Really, Davis has played better than any QB on the active roster? Are you still watching the 2009 pre season games where he played against 3rd stringers and scrubs, or are you referring to the 1 60 yard pass?

That said, I actually agree. If the season is lost, you might as well start him and see if there's anything there. If he sucks, then we know what we need to draft. If he succeeds, and I'm not sure how you measure success for him, then we can draft elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone