RAYE FIRED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm glad he's gone but at the same time this just shows the incompetence of this entire franchise....

Did anyone foresee Raye being this bad, though?

Umm.... Yea people did.. There's a reason why the guy was job-less... We might as well let Alex call his own plays. He's seems to thrive when he calls his own plays.

I was in favor of keeping Martz. Well,... Welcome aboard Mike Johnson. Hope your reputation is well-deserved.

Um..., what reputation?

Since the day he was hired everybody said he was going to be the OC because he is supposed to be a very creative offensive-mind.

Well, I sure hope so. I hope he's ready and does very well, surprises the nfl. There's no way I could believe he would be worse. I can't wait until I hear what some of the players have to say.

LB
  • Apone
  • Veteran
"49ers coach Mike Singletary and Raye have not seen eye-to-eye about the reasons for the team's struggling offense," La Canfora reports.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/49ers-Sack-Jimmy-Raye-report-103859673.html

Maybe Sing wanted to run the ball more
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
whaooooooooooooooooooo

Sing got ballsssssssssssssssssssss

best news of the week

were not sure who did the firing just yet.

ideally, jed gave sing an ultimatum last night. based off of what we seen from sing and his post game comments, hard to imagine he had a change of heart himself. the guy i want taking control is jed because I dont believe in sing either. I think he will need to go by season's end and I just been stressed about/praying for that Jed had the guts and forsight that these moves need to happen as opposed to sitting on his hands and getting talked out of doing the right thing like nolan did with this organization.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Mike Martz is tearing it up in Chicago, because we fire him and instead go with some uncreative no-name whom we later fire, and with this, Smith nut swingers have another ALEXCUSE® to keep him around beyond this year.

This is a start... and a hell of alot better than going another day without some kind of shake up. Nobody is blind, Alex's supporters and haters alike knows fair or unfairly he is not our future
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm glad he's gone but at the same time this just shows the incompetence of this entire franchise....

Did anyone foresee Raye being this bad, though?

Umm.... Yea people did.. There's a reason why the guy was job-less... We might as well let Alex call his own plays. He's seems to thrive when he calls his own plays.

I was in favor of keeping Martz. Well,... Welcome aboard Mike Johnson. Hope your reputation is well-deserved.

I to really wanted to keep Martz.... He was flawed in some ways but he got the ball down the field. I think he and coach Sing could have done great things together if Sing wasn't so retarded.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
THANK GOD. Now when I go on lunch break I will f**king enjoy the s**t out of my omelet.

But now people that have faith in Alex will use this as an excuse about why he can still be good. Another coordinator out the door.

Damn, an omelet sounds great after a Jimmy Raye fire. Im gonna eat me on too.

HELL YEA! We should all in celebration eat an omelet!
Mike Martz is tearing it up in Chicago, because we fire him and instead go with some uncreative no-name whom we later fire, and with this, Smith nut swingers have another ALEXCUSE® to keep him around beyond this year.

Stop trying to start sht. Everyone including "supporters" have said it's playoffs or he's gone.

Only exception to that rule is if he plays lights out amazing and puts up Drew Brees type numbers and somehow we don't make the playoffs. The chance that the latter happens is about the same as you and susweel and others stop parroting your bullsht.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by dald1:
next up is sing......

yup, and much deserved for sticking by his man Raye for so long. Johnson should just be a temporary fix. A new HC and OC should be brought in early in the offseason.

i agree but i believe its complete crap when i read that sing and raye didnt see eye to eye that couldnt be further from the truth
Originally posted by Apone:
"49ers coach Mike Singletary and Raye have not seen eye-to-eye about the reasons for the team's struggling offense," La Canfora reports.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/49ers-Sack-Jimmy-Raye-report-103859673.html

Maybe Sing wanted to run the ball more

lmfao. I doubt that. I hope at least
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Stop trying to start sht. Everyone including "supporters" have said it's playoffs or he's gone.

Only exception to that rule is if he plays lights out amazing and puts up Drew Brees type numbers and somehow we don't make the playoffs. The chance that the latter happens is about the same as you and susweel and others stop parroting your bullsht.

Dont make this thread into that.

If anything this puts Alex on the hot seat even more. This doesnt mean a new playbook is gonna be brought in. From my understanding Johnson comes from the same system as Raye. This jsut means hopefully more creativity and the playbook opening up more.

If Smith continues to stink it up then you can bet that he will be gone especially with Johnson liking Nate Davis

David Carr clearly approves...

BTW, can we start this guy yet please?
wonder if this will buy A.Smith another 3 years on the team. "It's not his fault, it's the 6th OC he's had." OC has NOTHING to do with ball placement.
First order of business for new OC Mike Johnson: identify the weak link in the opponent's defense and put on fastest guy on him; create mismatches; you have the fastest tight end in the league, put him in space; use your playmakers; and when they put 8 and 9 in the box, PASS!

Share 49ersWebzone