LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

RAYE FIRED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
So is this gonna be another excuse for the Alex lovers ?

Another OC he has to learn from, lets give him 5 more years.

As long as number#11 is playing QB nothing is gonna change.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but the truth is the truth.

Na, he'll be in this system for at least another year. If he stinks it up this season, his ass is grass.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm glad he's gone but at the same time this just shows the incompetence of this entire franchise....

Did anyone foresee Raye being this bad, though?

Umm.... Yea people did.. There's a reason why the guy was job-less... We might as well let Alex call his own plays. He's seems to thrive when he calls his own plays.

I was in favor of keeping Martz. Well,... Welcome aboard Mike Johnson. Hope your reputation is well-deserved.

Um..., what reputation?
THANK GOD. Now when I go on lunch break I will f**king enjoy the s**t out of my omelet.

But now people that have faith in Alex will use this as an excuse about why he can still be good. Another coordinator out the door.
Hoefully this sends a message to the rest of the coaching staff to get their sh*t together. Like Manusky....your defense was terrible.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by EndAround81:

I was thinking the same exact thing...I'm scared this move just gave Alex another 2 years to prove himself..GOD NO!!!

Not even York's can be that stupid.

Or can they ?
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
I thought aye and Sing were a package deal. One goes,why is the other one still around?
Originally posted by 49erWill:
im happy.

does that mean you too have morning wood?

Actually no genius. Anyone could see he didn't want Raye. Did you never read post game comments? Hell i think Alex wanted this more than anyone. He's in his contract year and needs to show something. Can't show sht in a run run run punt offense.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by babyjesus:
who's worst in niners lore..... Jimmy Raye or Jim Hostler

Hostler was worst. Vernon Davis had a very productive year under Raye, that is the difference.

But what makes me mad is that Hue Jackson is coaching the Raiders and was the finalist with Raye last year for the job. Now it is up to Michael Johnson to try to save Alex and Sings job.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
I thought aye and Sing were a package deal. One goes,why is the other one still around?

You would think so since Sing is just a younger more scary version of raye lol.

whaooooooooooooooooooo

Sing got b*llsssssssssssssssssssss

best news of the week
[ Edited by hungarian9erfan on Sep 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM ]

I was thinking the same exact thing...I'm scared this move just gave Alex another 2 years to prove himself..GOD NO!!!

Not even York's can be that stupid.

Or can they ?

they hired Dennis Erickson at one point... so um, yes, they can.
This makes Sing. look like an idiot. Most fans did not like this hire and he proved them right. Next year I wish Singletary the best, as the new head coach at Baylor. He's done a good job of developing the youngsters but it is time to get a proven winner as HC.
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
whaooooooooooooooooooo

Sing got ballsssssssssssssssssssss

best news of the week

were not sure who did the firing just yet.
Originally posted by Shaj:
I hope we don't use this as another excuse for Alex..I can picture the posts after next game.. "Alex is having another OC again, he's not used to the play calling, it's not Alex's fault. How many Qb's go through a new OC during mid season?"..LOL

OH s**t I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT. SING JUST CREATED A HUGE ALEXCUSE® FOR THE SMITH SYCOPHANTS! PLEASE DON'T USE THIS AS A REASON TO JUSTIFY SMITH'S PISS POOR PLAY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!

He's in his last year. So how would there be an alex cuse? If he performs terrible the rest of the year then it confirms that he just eats sht. If he AND the 10 other guys do well...then it was the coaches.
Share 49ersWebzone