There are 180 users in the forums

RAYE FIRED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erWill:
im happy.

Originally posted by Ajanke:
THANK GOD. Now when I go on lunch break I will f**king enjoy the s**t out of my omelet.

But now people that have faith in Alex will use this as an excuse about why he can still be good. Another coordinator out the door.

Damn, an omelet sounds great after a Jimmy Raye fire. Im gonna eat me on too.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Mike Martz is tearing it up in Chicago, because we fire him and instead go with some uncreative no-name whom we later fire, and with this, Smith nut swingers have another ALEXCUSE® to keep him around beyond this year.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. I'll admit -- Raye has been worse than awful -- but this isn't the only problem.

What are we going to give Alex now? A new system to learn? Yet another year on the job? What happened to all this bunk about being "comfortable" and not being able to perform well unless "he really knew the system."

Guess what? We just canned the guy that owned the system!

Again -- I'm not defending Raye. Not for a minute. But more housecleaning needs to be done here....

I totally agree. They're trying to save the season because it's sinking fast and Raye was just the start. I'm hoping they give Carr a shot...
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by EndAround81:
I hope we don't use this as another excuse for Alex..I can picture the posts after next game.. "Alex is having another OC again, he's not used to the play calling, it's not Alex's fault. How many Qb's go through a new OC during mid season?"..LOL

OH s**t I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT. SING JUST CREATED A HUGE ALEXCUSE® FOR THE SMITH SYCOPHANTS! PLEASE DON'T USE THIS AS A REASON TO JUSTIFY SMITH'S PISS POOR PLAY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!

NO, I'm a supporter and still hold the same stance....playoffs or he's gone. But if we win every game from here on out and miss the playoffs I might change my stance but I think everybody would.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
next up is sing......
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
This makes Sing. look like an idiot. Most fans did not like this hire and he proved them right. Next year I wish Singletary the best, as the new head coach at Baylor. He's done a good job of developing the youngsters but it is time to get a proven winner as HC.

Yea he would be more suited for College. Make the guys into men then let the NFL teach them football lol.
yayay
Originally posted by dald1:
next up is sing......

yup, and much deserved for sticking by his man Raye for so long. Johnson should just be a temporary fix. A new HC and OC should be brought in early in the offseason.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm glad he's gone but at the same time this just shows the incompetence of this entire franchise....

Did anyone foresee Raye being this bad, though?

Umm.... Yea people did.. There's a reason why the guy was job-less... We might as well let Alex call his own plays. He's seems to thrive when he calls his own plays.

I was in favor of keeping Martz. Well,... Welcome aboard Mike Johnson. Hope your reputation is well-deserved.

Um..., what reputation?

Since the day he was hired everybody said he was going to be the OC because he is supposed to be a very creative offensive-mind.

Originally posted by susweel:
So is this gonna be another excuse for the Alex lovers ?

Another OC he has to learn from, lets give him 5 more years.

As long as number#11 is playing QB nothing is gonna change.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but the truth is the truth.

Come on Susweel, your a vet, and we just got great news. Why is it the vets that are always negative as hell.

Maybe some see what u dont. Whether this or that changes, all you see is Smith, which shocks me cuz sometimes you put up pretty good posts. But ur getting on the ZRF wagon, and thats not a great side to be on.

Although i back Smith, please believe and i'll say it again. Let me get an OC that puts all of our players in the best position to succeed. If after that, the offense still falters, then get rid of anybody they need too, QB included.

But i mean come on give me a break. Support brotha. Regardless of who made the call, we have the potential to expose other teams weaknesses on defense, and wont run anymore 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I just say Noobs i expect, but please dont start trolling with the get rid of 11 just yet. This is great news so far.
good...jimmy raye looked like he was around in the plantation days like an old slave or something lol. damn he was so predictable. run up the middle,run to the left,run to the right, punt.

anyways its kinda of a 2 edged sword. now smith has to relearn a whole new system...lol,given up on this season. ill stay updated with you guys on NT always so positive haha
Originally posted by Shaj:
Mike Martz is tearing it up in Chicago, because we fire him and instead go with some uncreative no-name whom we later fire, and with this, Smith nut swingers have another ALEXCUSE® to keep him around beyond this year.

why are you trying to take the good news this morning into a debbie downer?

party foul?
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
So is this gonna be another excuse for the Alex lovers ?

Another OC he has to learn from, lets give him 5 more years.

As long as number#11 is playing QB nothing is gonna change.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but the truth is the truth.

Come on Susweel, your a vet, and we just got great news. Why is it the vets that are always negative as hell.

Maybe some see what u dont. Whether this or that changes, all you see is Smith, which shocks me cuz sometimes you put up pretty good posts. But ur getting on the ZRF wagon, and thats not a great side to be on.

Although i back Smith, please believe and i'll say it again. Let me get an OC that puts all of our players in the best position to succeed. If after that, the offense still falters, then get rid of anybody they need too, QB included.

But i mean come on give me a break. Support brotha. Regardless of who made the call, we have the potential to expose other teams weaknesses on defense, and wont run anymore 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I just say Noobs i expect, but please dont start trolling with the get rid of 11 just yet. This is great news so far.

only reason hes a vet is cause he trolls and causes his post count to go up
Share 49ersWebzone