LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

RAYE FIRED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
wow back to sqaure one. This game was purely the coaches fault. They were simply outcoached and Jimmy had no clue on how to get the offense running. Yes they need to execute, but you need to call plays that will help your QB and the offense get a jump start. I mean all he had to do was look at what Charlie did on the other side.

Maiocco on knbr saying mike johnson will be more innovative in the system.

That is not saying much
Originally posted by jreff22:
RT @JasonLaCanfora: 49ers have fired offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye. More upcoming on NFL.com.

AWESOME!
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm glad he's gone but at the same time this just shows the incompetence of this entire franchise....

Did anyone foresee Raye being this bad, though?

Umm.... Yea people did.. There's a reason why the guy was job-less... We might as well let Alex call his own plays. He's seems to thrive when he calls his own plays.

Was Raye even alive during games? Has Raye been dead for years and the team just found this out?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by EndAround81:
I hope we don't use this as another excuse for Alex..I can picture the posts after next game.. "Alex is having another OC again, he's not used to the play calling, it's not Alex's fault. How many Qb's go through a new OC during mid season?"..LOL

OH s**t I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT. SING JUST CREATED A HUGE ALEXCUSE® FOR THE SMITH SYCOPHANTS! PLEASE DON'T USE THIS AS A REASON TO JUSTIFY SMITH'S PISS POOR PLAY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm glad he's gone but at the same time this just shows the incompetence of this entire franchise....

Did anyone foresee Raye being this bad, though?

Umm.... Yea people did.. There's a reason why the guy was job-less... We might as well let Alex call his own plays. He's seems to thrive when he calls his own plays.

I was in favor of keeping Martz. Well,... Welcome aboard Mike Johnson. Hope your reputation is well-deserved.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Originally posted by susweel:
So is this gonna be another excuse for the Alex lovers ?

Another OC he has to learn from, lets give him 5 more years.

As long as number#11 is playing QB nothing is gonna change.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but the truth is the truth.

Hi Debbie
  • kray28
  • Veteran
My guess is that the basic playbook will not change....there is no realistic way to change it mid-shift like this.

However, the play selection will change, for better or for worse remains to be seen.

I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with the playbook....it was just the lack of creativity in the calls, predictability, and poor rhythm.

I don't know anything about Mike Johnson. So there's no promise about anything getting better.

At the end of the day, it change for the sake of change because they entire fanbase was demanding Raye's head on a platter, and Singletary was probably given an ultimatum to get rid of Raye.
One less guy for Harbaugh to fire, a great start on NEXT season!

I hope like hell Mike Johnson is ready!

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!
who's worst in niners lore..... Jimmy Raye or Jim Hostler

• dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
RT @JasonLaCanfora: 49ers have fired offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye. More upcoming on NFL.com.

fn hell yeah
"Be patient alex, we're setting up to be balanced in this game come the 9th quarter...what? Only 4 quarters? Someone fire me"...

I think that's how it went
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Brian Westbrook may be the happiest 49er of them all this morning.

Dear Mike Johnson,

USE WESTY!!!!!!!!.FAAAAWWWWKKKKKKKK!!!!!

signed,

a Faithful.

I was thinking the same exact thing...I'm scared this move just gave Alex another 2 years to prove himself..GOD NO!!!

For a change, please STFU. This is a good thing, roll with it.
Share 49ersWebzone