LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Most Fans Here Are Not Realistic ...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
As some of us stated throughout the week, the Niners that we all saw on Monday night were not the true Niners. The results we got against NO were based on an adrenaline rush that was manifested because we were playing on a Monday night + having Rice's jersey retired. Even then, we couldnt muster up enough of an effort to beat a NO team that put forth a lackadaisical (sp) effort at best.

Today we saw the real Niners, which once again, with the leadership of Alex Smith lack identity, to say the least. Does Raye lack imagination ? YES. Does Raye call a piss-poor game ? But as was the situation with Jeff Hostler, there has to be some onus on the quarterback. When Shaun Hill picked up the SAME "horrible" offensive scheme that Smith failed with, he played pretty well..........but we were quick to write it off as "Hostler changed the playbook midway through the year".

Although Raye doesnt call the best of games, I doubt he has ALL the receivers running 5 yard outs and each and every play. It's Smith's job to find his guys, go through his checkdowns, and look deep, especially when playing against rookie safeties. And yes, I know the line played horrible, but there was times during the game when Smith had ample time to make a play........yet he still opted for the short pass that amounted to nothing.

In essence, Smith is his own worst enemy, and the sooner that Niner fans get this through their head and start booing the guy during games......the sooner that Ninerbrass and hardheaded Sing finally give up on the guy. Fans do play a role in how a team operates. We may not make the decisions, but our attitudes can go a long way in maybe just skewing the way players perform. If fans are discontent, the players will become discontent....and front management will have to make a decision sooner rather than later.

The Alex Smith project has failed........no correction.......it FAILED years ago. Time to move on. Carr may not be the answer, but at least he's willing to sit in the pocket (even if it means taking a hit) and waiting for a wideout to make some distance from the defenders.

There is SO MUCH MORE wrong on this team than Alex. We can easily continue to lose regardless of QB.

~ Vanilla Offensive playcalling.
~ Overmatched, outschemed HC every week.
~ Toast secondary.
~ Absolutely horrible special teams.
~ An ownership who won't do anything about it.

This team can easily continue to lose with or without Alex.

One more thing: a defense that lays down and dies when they are losing...
Expecting a better than an 0-3 start is unrealistic.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
* our owner is just sprouting pubes and instead of McDonald's or Taco Bell, running the 49ers is his first job ever

* our coach is a motivational speaker stuck in 1985 who knows nothing about x's and o's

* our QB is the reincarnation of Tim Couch

* our OC is eligible for social security and has the creativity of a box of rocks

We shouldn't be surprised at the corresponding results
Originally posted by Shaj:
* our owner is just sprouting pubes and instead of McDonald's or Taco Bell, running the 49ers is his first job ever

* our coach is a motivational speaker stuck in 1985 who knows nothing about x's and o's

* our OC is eligible for social security and has the creativity of a box of rocks

This is quite possible the most sense you've ever made.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Oh and FYI? This was a failure at the Line of Scrimmage today. We got owned on both sides of the ball IN THE F'N TRENCHES.

So while you're "calling it like you see it" then you must realize that NO Push on either side of the ball in the trenches = BIG FAT LOSS.

So while you're all running around like a chicken with your heads cut off trying to throw blame all over the field(predominately at Smith) there wasn't much anyone on both sides of the ball could do.

I think Raye needs to be replaced, but because I think that he lost this team on all facets. Whereas Smith hasn't. Morgan didn't have to catch that Pass. Gore never stopped fighting and the Line didn't stop either but they got handled and handled Lines fail.

While the Chiefs have more talent than people gave them credit for, they do have some cheap shot artists.

If anyone has the game on tape, the announcers did a montage review. I would like confirmation on the Kidney Punch that Staley sustained from a Chiefs DLineman. Staley was on the ground and that guy just hauled off and slugged him in the left Kidney or thereabouts.

Oh almost forgot, we were playing two teams today. One team wearing Red and White and the other wearing Black and White. There were so many "nocalls" in the Opposing Secondary it wasn't even funny. Flowers was guilty not once but TWICE in a row of PI. Both not called. But BOTH he got to the Receiver early and ran right into them.

OH WAIT BUT HE WAS LOOKING BACK AT THE QB, so it's not flaggable. There were more than a few instances where they held Vernon with no calls.

So while the Cheifs are talented they got away with a lot of shat. I pointed this out on Veetle and one of their simpleton fans acted like I wasn't giving them credit. Should I have? I mean really, if we had cheap shot artists on THIS team would we defend them when other fans say something? I won't. I'll stand up for the guys that didn't pull that monkeyshat, but I cannot be offended when people call our guys out on absolutely blatant shenanigans.

I see where this team went tidybowl. And it was at the Lines. Manusky should be ashamed of himself for allowing all those damned screens to eat us up. Really there was ZERO adjustment on his side of the ball for it. Instead of sending in Blitzers willy nilly, he should have kept the ILBs' on a leash and sent Willis through the middle like he did last Monday Nite. Instead we all but allowed that shat to continue. That cannot happen this coming week but I fear that it will anyway.

I hope we do not have Chilo Start another away game. He cannot help Davis. HHeitmann when he returns can. Snyder maybe can. Chilo is still too green to help the poor guy. It resulted in a lot of whiffs on the youngster.

And if it's true that LE Smith was intentionally grabbing Davis' privates, that dude needs to be run out of the league on a rail. He seriously needs a beating on national TV for that crap if it's true. I hope he gets one.

~Ceadder

Ah, my favorite excuse. The refs did it to us. You're right, lets give Smith the extension he deserves.

Did you see me say to extend Smith anywhere in my Posts?

No.

See you only take ONE part of what people say and then run with it because you cannot address the entire issue.

As you can PLAINLY see I called out everybody and gave props where they're due.

Once again Tree is not prepared and is just trying to get by on his talent alone. It cost Smith a Pick. And while talent is applauded, he's not showing up prepared. Did you see Ziggy? He showed up prepared. He didn't "slip" and was there when Alex threw him the ball.

But I love how you spin it so I'm saying give Smith the extension.

I have ALWAYS stated that we will know at the end of this season whether or not Smith stays or goes. Two bad TEAM performances doesn't mean he gets rushed out the door.

You know how many retards were calling for Carr on Veetle today? OMG it was insane. We lose in the trenches and most fans of this team immediately call for the hook.

Nevermind that Smith took a real live beating on every down. If this happened to someone in day to day life we'd be screaming for the perpetrators to go to jail.

You're here saying that it's Smith's fault that he took that beating. Lemme tie you up behind that Line at Arrowhead and have our team try one more series against that onslaught. You are mind numbingly obtuse here.

Let's say Smith threw it deep in the situations where he had time and threw the ball away. Please show me WHERE he could have thrown the ball to? Oh wait you can't cause you were watching the same things I was and there was NOBODY in the Intermediate and outs. Most every play was a short Pass route to take advantage of a Defense that has their ears pinned back. Only the Safeties were over the top and we didn't have time to get into that zone because our Receivers were tied up in short routes.

But hey I know, changing the QB would have miraculously changed that.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Shaj:

LOL.

There are some good points there.
well it's 2010 until Sing figures out this is a passing league we won't go anywhere. i'm tired of this 85 bears bs! play 2010 football with weapons we have we runaway with this division
This is a totally different team on the road. Sing cannot prepare this team for a road game. Especially in a loud a55 place like KC
The Chief's GM came over from the Patriots, and his intelligent hand was quite evident today. McClusky did not fit the McLoughan model - too small - but anyone can see that he would be force on any team. When was the last time we had anyone like him?
I know that Baalke was given kudos for his draft, but these choices can look great until the REAL season starts. Then it is time to see if they also excel in real game conditions.

McLoughan was just another waste of years in re-building. It is becoming more evident all the time that the superb athletes he drafted may have significant flaws - mostly between the ears. A great athlete can do you just as much damage as help you if he is screwing up too often.

And coaching. There seemed to be a huge difference in game plans and adjustments between the two organizations.

As for the future? Does the name Yorks ring a bell? Well, they have a history of hiring HCs and GMs who have never done it before. The common thread is that they were cheap. You usually get what you pay for.
Originally posted by Mr501astatehogg:
well it's 2010 until Sing figures out this is a passing league we won't go anywhere. i'm tired of this 85 bears bs! play 2010 football with weapons we have we runaway with this division

'85 Bears are overrated anyways.

Originally posted by excelsior:
The Chief's GM came over from the Patriots, and his intelligent hand was quite evident today. McClusky did not fit the McLoughan model - too small - but anyone can see that he would be force on any team. When was the last time we had anyone like him?
I know that Baalke was given kudos for his draft, but these choices can look great until the REAL season starts. Then it is time to see if they also excel in real game conditions.

McLoughan was just another waste of years in re-building. It is becoming more evident all the time that the superb athletes he drafted may have significant flaws - mostly between the ears. A great athlete can do you just as much damage as help you if he is screwing up too often.

And coaching. There seemed to be a huge difference in game plans and adjustments between the two organizations.

As for the future? Does the name Yorks ring a bell? Well, they have a history of hiring HCs and GMs who have never done it before. The common thread is that they were cheap. You usually get what you pay for.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
How dare we expect Alex Smith to throw TDs!

Hard to throw TDs' when you're laying on your back. For most of the Game Smith was running for his Life.

But hey whatever, you could do better so you must speak up and say venomous things.

I have an idea. Every one of you that thinks you can do better file your NFL paperwork and submit your name to Singletary. Maybe the change will have the Line protecting the QB better and maybe our Defense won't get carved up like a Xmas Turkey and maybe the playcalling will suddenly improve and maybe your Receivers will start catching the ones they get paid to catch.

Oh btw not all our Receivers are shat. Ziggy is the man. A pass that WAS high and the man reeled it in and CAUGHT THE F@KING THING... See now THAT is how you play the position. Not every Pass is going to be on the money. BUT it shouldn't have to be when you're PREPARED. Crabtree needs to sit his ass down and watch what Ziggy does.

I'm fed up with all the garbage being piled onto Smith. You take away the Int(caused because Tree "slipped" again) and Smith didn't do as horribly as y'all are makin it out to be.

But hey whatever you guys know the game better than the people who play it, so sh@tcan the lot of them and rebuild the team in your own images. I'll follow you but steel myself for decades of losing to follow.

~Ceadder

1) I agree that Smith was running for his life most of the game. But what did he do exactly in the times that he actually had time to make a play ? Nothing. How many opportunities did he squander on 3rd and short, throwing into coverage ? Or on a 2nd and long, with plenty of time to throw, opting for a 5 yard pass to a covered receiver ? Or how bout on a defensive offsides when he decided to run for 5 yards rather than test rookie safeties ? Or throw the ball away on a flea flicker ?

Sorry, but I cant excuse these things for a 6th year veteran who's supposed to be the future.

2)"Not every ball is going to be on the money". Yeah, but you'd expect the majority of them to be, no ? Is it sheer coincidence that Smith's balls get tipped more than any other QB's ? This is the same problem he had with Hostler, except that when Hill came into relieve him midway through the season, all these problems disappeared. Wait a minute, I smell conspiracy. I guess the receivers have a union led by Antonio Bryant. Since Bryant had issues with Smith back in 06, so does everyone else. Maybe something needs to be investigated.

3) The fact that you still think Smith had an "ok" game shows how low you've set your standards for him. A guy that cant move the chains or motivate his team is considered "serviceable" in your book. Sorry, bud, but those guys dont win SBs. I dont know when you started watching football, but there's no way you couldve gone through the Montana and Young years and still believe in the junk you type in these threads.....

I'm addressing 2 and then just a miniscule of 3 here.

2)Hill Passes COULDN'T get tipped. They were so listless the wind would keep them up. But he still threw 6 INTs' to 10 TDs' a season. So quit idolizing that buffoon. You just don't remember Hill's being tipped as much because there was no mustard on his Passes. With Alex MOST of his tips are due to the Receiver not hauling in the Pass and instead knocking it up. When it IS tipped by the Defense is that not a good play? I'll further address this after 3.

3)What are you on? Seriously?
I call out the other units because they fail. If I see Smith "fail" and everyone else is doing well then I will most DEFINITELY call Smith out. You mistake me for your average fan who doesn't have any idea of what's going on. Well you would be WRONG.

So now let me ask you this...

How come every team we face in your eyes cannot be good enough to take advantage of the other units to force events to go in their favor. No team played well enough to beat us straight up the way you go on about Smith.

Also how come EVERYBODY from the waterboy to the GM gets a pass and Smith is the bad guy?

You think I'm making excuses for Smith?

I KNOW you're making excuses for the rest of the team.

"If only we replaced Smith..."

Dude seriously take a step back and reassess. You really need to.

And it's 3 years going onto 4 not 5 years going onto 6. Learn how to count please.

~Ceadder
ZRF accuses others of "Alexcuses" but at the same time gives "entire team excuses" passes to all the other screw ups. And there are plenty to go around.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by excelsior:

Does anyone remember that McKay had to talk Eddie D into hiring a guy that "never did it before"?

That guy was one Bill Walsh. You may have heard of him?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Leathaface:
How dare we expect Alex Smith to throw TDs!

Hard to throw TDs' when you're laying on your back. For most of the Game Smith was running for his Life.

But hey whatever, you could do better so you must speak up and say venomous things.

I have an idea. Every one of you that thinks you can do better file your NFL paperwork and submit your name to Singletary. Maybe the change will have the Line protecting the QB better and maybe our Defense won't get carved up like a Xmas Turkey and maybe the playcalling will suddenly improve and maybe your Receivers will start catching the ones they get paid to catch.

Oh btw not all our Receivers are shat. Ziggy is the man. A pass that WAS high and the man reeled it in and CAUGHT THE F@KING THING... See now THAT is how you play the position. Not every Pass is going to be on the money. BUT it shouldn't have to be when you're PREPARED. Crabtree needs to sit his ass down and watch what Ziggy does.

I'm fed up with all the garbage being piled onto Smith. You take away the Int(caused because Tree "slipped" again) and Smith didn't do as horribly as y'all are makin it out to be.

But hey whatever you guys know the game better than the people who play it, so sh@tcan the lot of them and rebuild the team in your own images. I'll follow you but steel myself for decades of losing to follow.

~Ceadder

1) I agree that Smith was running for his life most of the game. But what did he do exactly in the times that he actually had time to make a play ? Nothing. How many opportunities did he squander on 3rd and short, throwing into coverage ? Or on a 2nd and long, with plenty of time to throw, opting for a 5 yard pass to a covered receiver ? Or how bout on a defensive offsides when he decided to run for 5 yards rather than test rookie safeties ? Or throw the ball away on a flea flicker ?

Sorry, but I cant excuse these things for a 6th year veteran who's supposed to be the future.

2)"Not every ball is going to be on the money". Yeah, but you'd expect the majority of them to be, no ? Is it sheer coincidence that Smith's balls get tipped more than any other QB's ? This is the same problem he had with Hostler, except that when Hill came into relieve him midway through the season, all these problems disappeared. Wait a minute, I smell conspiracy. I guess the receivers have a union led by Antonio Bryant. Since Bryant had issues with Smith back in 06, so does everyone else. Maybe something needs to be investigated.

3) The fact that you still think Smith had an "ok" game shows how low you've set your standards for him. A guy that cant move the chains or motivate his team is considered "serviceable" in your book. Sorry, bud, but those guys dont win SBs. I dont know when you started watching football, but there's no way you couldve gone through the Montana and Young years and still believe in the junk you type in these threads.....

I'm addressing 2 and then just a miniscule of 3 here.

2)Hill Passes COULDN'T get tipped. They were so listless the wind would keep them up. But he still threw 6 INTs' to 10 TDs' a season. So quit idolizing that buffoon. You just don't remember Hill's being tipped as much because there was no mustard on his Passes. With Alex MOST of his tips are due to the Receiver not hauling in the Pass and instead knocking it up. When it IS tipped by the Defense is that not a good play? I'll further address this after 3.

3)What are you on? Seriously?
I call out the other units because they fail. If I see Smith "fail" and everyone else is doing well then I will most DEFINITELY call Smith out. You mistake me for your average fan who doesn't have any idea of what's going on. Well you would be WRONG.

So now let me ask you this...

How come every team we face in your eyes cannot be good enough to take advantage of the other units to force events to go in their favor. No team played well enough to beat us straight up the way you go on about Smith.

Also how come EVERYBODY from the waterboy to the GM gets a pass and Smith is the bad guy?

You think I'm making excuses for Smith?

I KNOW you're making excuses for the rest of the team.

"If only we replaced Smith..."

Dude seriously take a step back and reassess. You really need to.

And it's 3 years going onto 4 not 5 years going onto 6. Learn how to count please.

~Ceadder

As I've said in the past, ZRF80 is not a rational fan, he is simply an Alex Smith hater and has never, ever seen any of the other things that have been plaguing this team for the last few years. The list is endless and easily recognized, unless you are ZRF80, then it's just all Smith's fault.

Hill, struggled with Martz, struggled under Raye's system too, so bad in fact that they gave the reigns to Smith.
JTO, struggled with Martz.
Dilfer struggled with whats his name.

Those qb's are never criticized by Z, why? Not sure, but it's damn weird.
Share 49ersWebzone