a picture is worth more than 1000 words, thanks

only for you fly
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

a picture is worth more than 1000 words, thanks

only for you fly

Three Step Program
1) Hire a legitimate football front office type and make him Team President/GM/VP Of Football Operations.
2) Give him free rein to hire a new offensive minded head coach and staff.
3) Let new brain trust work with Baalke on next year's draft and free agency to decide who stays and who goes long term.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Three Step Program
1) Hire a legitimate football front office type and make him Team President/GM/VP Of Football Operations.
2) Give him free rein to hire a new offensive minded head coach and staff.
3) Let new brain trust work with Baalke on next year's draft and free agency to decide who stays and who goes long term.

Might give Ron Wolf a call and see if he would be interested in doing some consulting in the search for #1.
Hire Bill Parcells as your president, GM, or whatever title you want to give him. Let him hire an offensive-minded, experienced head coach (Gruden would work), then huddle with Baalke to develop a killer draft next April.
I would do the following:
1. hire Holmgren or another experienced coach that it out of work
2. hire Jim Harbough from Stanford as HC
3. trade away Alex Smith and Frank Gore for a first round pick and a good DB or Defensive lineman
4. get rid of Rachal, Clements(if he does not improve this season)
5. draft either jake locker or Andrew Luck
6. I would invest heavily in the draft
Originally posted by BleedRandG:
3. trade away Alex Smith and Frank Gore for a first round pick and a good DB or Defensive lineman

uhhh, Holmgren is GM (or something) in Cleavland.
No one is going to take Smith because he's not worth a pick (not to mention they can get him for cheap in FA)
Frank, maybe, but you'll probably only get a 2nd at most. Good DBs and DL are hard to find so people don't part with them easily.
Clements has been pretty darn good so far. Rachal needs to be a backup.
Forget locker, he's a project so unless we get a vet QB, get Luck.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Oct 13, 2010 at 17:12:59 ]
LUCK
As Owner how I would fix the team.

1.Fired Singletary as soon as the season ends.
2. Bring in a real head coach with years of HCing experience, B. Cowher or J. Gruden (perferably a offensive minded HC, cause a good offense is more fun to watch than a good defense)
3 Trade for a good young QB (drafting a quality QB is so hit and miss why not use a draft pick or two on one that has proven he can play at the NFL level.)
4. Release A Smith, and ask for 20m of his guaranteed signing bonus back.

That's what I would do as owner.

[ Edited by 9erfreak on Oct 13, 2010 at 17:36:51 ]
First of all I would hire A Football GM and he fixes everything and jed stay the f**k out of it !
I dodnt think we will change GM's but i do expect a new coaching staff. this team is way talented so that wont be the issue. We will have to find a perm replacement for Gore though. Of course we will draft a QB early. This will be a quick turnaround.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

No one is going to take Smith because he's not worth a pick (not to mention they can get him for cheap in FA)
Frank, maybe, but you'll probably only get a 2nd at most. Good DBs and DL are hard to find so people don't part with them easily.

there will be a team that will take Alex Smith. But the thing is his contract expires at the end of the season so there will be no trading him away.
Originally posted by kray28:
The problem with the WCO idea is that we don't really have the personnel to run it well.

1. You need a QB with good footwork and developed sense of timing with his receivers.

2. You need bigger receivers who can make plays for you after the catch.

3. You need a versatile back who can run and catch equally well.

4. You need smaller and more athletic linemen.

We are just not built optimally to do all these.

We'll need to also find a good veteran WCO QB out there in free agency, and frankly I don't really see one at the moment.

A TE better than Brent Jones, Crabtree can run after catch, davis was drafted cause hes athletic, staley was a tight end, i always see iupati downfield..... gore can catch and we have westbrook for now also. so was the problem, yeah we need a qb...

WCO all the way. it still works but I want Bill Walsh offense back. And yes it will still work. WCO works now. Walshes offense always kept defenses guessing run or pass, we didnt have many different personells so d cant read it.

Ill take mooch or chucky any day over sing, they from the walsh tree

[ Edited by fan49 on Oct 13, 2010 at 18:09:31 ]
Originally posted by backontop:

there will be a team that will take Alex Smith. But the thing is his contract expires at the end of the season so there will be no trading him away.

we're not trading Alex, he's free
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by backontop:

we're not trading Alex, he's free

I wish we could give away most of our fans. Maybe it would make room for smarter ones.