LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

As owner, how would you fix the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Your team had huge expectations and you have started 0-3. Most owners would get in the coach's face and tell them that they need to turn things around immediately. But I truly believe that Jed York does not have the balls to tell Singletary that Alex needs to go, Jimmy needs to go, and Singletary is on the hot seat. What do you guys think? Do you think that Jed has confronted Singletary about these problems??
Since we are talking about the Yorks, they will have a meeting after the season and keep Nolantary for another long losing season. Any other sensible owner would have never hired Nolantary to begin with and had some credible football people make these kinds of decisions.
based on sing's comments so far under these situations, he isn't accepting any blame for himself so to that end, i could see sing talking the yorks into buying his excuses and retaining his job. he has built in fall guys in smith and raye, it'll buy him another year, unfortunately
They wouldn't hire idiots like Singletary and Jimmy Raye. And if they did they wouldn't stick with it...
Originally posted by ssahnan:
based on sing's comments so far under these situations, he isn't accepting any blame for himself so to that end, i could see sing talking the yorks into buying his excuses and retaining his job. he has built in fall guys in smith and raye, it'll buy him another year, unfortunately

That very well could happen.
  • Veteran
Most owners would do something, ours just run and hide.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Fire Raye, and make a trade at QB, if Alex was playing for the cryboys, he would be in the practice squad
Jerry Jones was getting ready to fire Wade if he had went 0-3 today, so it all depends upon how much balls Jed has.

logical post.........and the Yorks might very well be that stupid.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

That very well could happen.

Jed better be on the phone with Eddie right now....
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Jerry Jones was getting ready to fire Wade if he had went 0-3 today, so it all depends upon how much balls Jed has.

The difference is our owners would stick with sing all the way to 0 - 16 and then look for an inexperienced, cheap candidate to replace him.
Fire Singletary and promote Raye to HC. Then keep Raye as far away from the offensive playbook as possible.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The complete stupidity of 49ers fans knows no bounds. The last thing Jed should do is get in Singletary's face. We don't need a meddlesome owner. Good luck attracting a quality coach.
Share 49ersWebzone