There are 244 users in the forums

As owner, how would you fix the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Sell the team to someone who wasn't a cheapskate.
Find a way to get Free Agents to come to SF! We've tried to rebuild thru the draft with little or no success of late.
Hire Gruden and let him be in charge of everything. It would have to be now so he doesn't get picked up in the offseason. Make a deal where he starts at the end of the year. Let Mike Johnson be the tempory HC.

Trade Gore now for a top draft pick. I like Gore but its strickly a business move (like trading R Moss). There's a reason why the Patriots are consistently good. Same as the Eagles, they new Westbrook still had gas in the tank but they let him go... its smart business. I think I would trade Nate Clements too if we got a high enough draft pick.

[ Edited by bakefootball on Oct 13, 2010 at 13:36:43 ]
Fire the coach, hire an experienced GM, have the new GM hire an experienced offensive minded coach, let that coach hire his assistants, and then prepare for the draft.

Simple!

• Lifer
  • Veteran
1.) Give Singletary enough rope to hang himself. By the end of the season we should be somewhere between 5-11 and 7-9. Firing the HC is a foregone conclusion.

2.) Start compiling a list of top notch, experienced, professional Head Coaches with a track record of success who are available, or may become available at the end of the season. Bill Cowher would be at the top of my list, followed most likely by Jon Gruden, and Jim Harbaugh. But I would explore every possibility. What is needed is a man who can change the culture of losing in San Francisco; someone who has a proven record of team building, professionalism, and success. Above all else you need someone who can evaluate, select, and develop the QB of the future.

3.) Start sending out feelers NOW. Find out if a Bill Cowher or a Jon Gruden would even be interested. Perform the groundwork for the coaching search NOW and be ready to move at the end of the season.

4.) Allow the new coaching staff to use Free Agency aggressively to shore up the team in key areas.

5.) Do whatever is necessary to obtain a franchise QB in the next draft.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Fire the coach, hire an experienced GM, have the new GM hire an experienced offensive minded coach, let that coach hire his assistants, and then prepare for the draft.

Simple!

Sell the team to Ed Roski or the Wassermans.
Trade Alex and 2 first rounders to Pitt for Big Ben instant results and you save your fanbase. Sing can stay in place focus on our D and our O will finally throw up some points.

PS Don't forget to put a no rape clause in his deal just incase......
Sell it to a more competent group who makes winning number one, not $$$.
1. Hire Mike Holmgren as GM
2. Hire John Gruden as HC...fire Singletary
3. Hire Wade Phillips as DC...fire Manusky
4. Find an experienced west coast QB that can run Gruden's offense.

Originally posted by bigwads:

Wade Phillips? No thank you.

I hear Jeff Garcia is a available. Gruden liked him a lot.

Gruden is horrible in finding QBs.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Gruden and Phillips?!?!

Holmgren is not a draft master, you don't want him has GM.
Share 49ersWebzone