LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 397 users in the forums

Situational Football - Niner coaches ain't got it!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Bassin49er:
The play calling must improve. JR sould call plays in the first half that he would only call in the second half as if we were behind. Then in the second half when we have the a cushion, he can call play like he does in the first half.

Play-calling was perfect on Monday night.

I don't know about perfect, but the calls were good. No beef with Raye this game.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
This situation has to be discussed before the start of the game-tying drive. It's not being negative to believe your defense can't stop a great offense, as it is more a case of being proactive to ensure your team can win the game. What good is tying the game to then lose on a last-second field goal? Be smart, move the clock as you move the ball.

This was a heart-breaking loss for the 49ers, unfortunately one that could have been avoided had they stayed in bounds a few times and milked the clock.

Mike Lombardi
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81abab6c/article/heres-the-situation-49ers-should-have-taken-their-time?module=HP_cp2

The bottom line, we don't have a head coach as smart as Peyton.

I Like Singletary I see him moving this team in a good direction...But your right he's not Peyton does not manage the clock effectively nor does he make good game time reads and calls..I'm hoping to see growth from him in these areas.Peyton used his timeouts in the first half to try and get the ball back with the wind at his teams back...smart, was trying to use our home field advantage against us. i I know its small in detail but any advantage you can get our coach needs to become better at exploiting....
Share 49ersWebzone