There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Agony of being a young 49er fan

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by The_Distort:
Same boat. I'm 19, and I started following in 2004....

damn dude, how you didnt become a patriots fan is mind boggling

Oh I know. I think the reason I liked them was because I had just made my elementary flag football team. The Niners jerseys kind of reminded me of my favourite hockey team, the Montreal Canadiens jerseys. I knew very little about football at the time, and how I stayed dedicated is beyond me. I must be pretty stubborn, because I'm a pretty big die hard fan now.
Originally posted by eric90clark:
Originally posted by The_Distort:
Same boat. I'm 19, and I started following in 2004....

Maaaan.... What a bad year to just start being a 9er fan lol! Much respect to you for REMAINING a fan considering when you started!

Major props to you man. MAJOR

He deserves props. But no one deserves more props, then Warriors fans. Not only is that place loud, but they sell out their games.

Only a Warrior fan can know that sports curses really do exist. The 49ers are no where near that level of existence yet.

The reality, is that Bill Walsh built everything we had. From Montana, to Young, to Garcia. Walsh is the one who kept it going for all those years.

The world is so formulaic these days, you wonder if there will ever be another mind like that in the game of football.
The world is so formulaic these days, you wonder if there will ever be another mind like that in the game of football.

Agreed.Who knows maybe maybe Peyton Manning will decide to become a head coach one day?! or an offensive coordinator at the very least... but i think he's fully capable of being a head coach in the NFL with all that knowledge he knows..

Agreed.Who knows maybe maybe Peyton Manning will decide to become a head coach one day?! or an offensive coordinator at the very least... but i think he's fully capable of being a head coach in the NFL with all that knowledge he knows..
i think manning will make an awesome oc at least, the things he does on the field and the way he reads defenses is unbelievable. off subject though, CANADIENS!!!! REALLY?!?!?!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

i think manning will make an awesome oc at least, the things he does on the field and the way he reads defenses is unbelievable. off subject though, CANADIENS!!!! REALLY?!?!?!

FREDFLINTSTONE WE PRACTICALLY HAD THE SAME EXACT POST!!! Your so unoriginal dude LOL
Nevermind Fredflintstone i see what happened. faiiill haha
Nevermind Fredflintstone i see what happened. faiiill haha

LOL yeah i was like wtf?? but my fault i met to the guy who liked the canadiens, i was teasing him about them. distort i believe
I remember the '94 super bowl game... I was 8. But yea.. it's been a long road as a fan old enough to REALLY understand the greatness of football. I remember a lot more bad than I remember good, I'll tell you that much! Hopefully this year will be the first playoff game of many years to come!
21 here. I vaguely remember the late 90s Niners - I mean, the TO catch against GB is what helped cement me as a Niners fan - and remember the '01 and '02 teams well.

But these last few years have been brutal. I'm starving for a winning team.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Hopefully this year will be the first playoff game of many years to come!

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I remember the '94 super bowl game... I was 8. But yea.. it's been a long road as a fan old enough to REALLY understand the greatness of football. I remember a lot more bad than I remember good, I'll tell you that much! Hopefully this year will be the first playoff game of many years to come!

i was 8 too and at the time i didnt care for football or any other sport 1st sb i watched or at least some was the gay cowboys and steelers
Originally posted by Schulzy:
21 here. I vaguely remember the late 90s Niners - I mean, the TO catch against GB is what helped cement me as a Niners fan - and remember the '01 and '02 teams well.

But these last few years have been brutal. I'm starving for a winning team.

Niice yeah i remember that too. i also remember the comeback game vs the Giants in 02. I will never forget that day. however the game after that was a different story lol..
Sh*t I'm 15. Been an avid 49er fan all my life, my Dad grew up in the Bay area, so I guess it runs in the family. I don't even remember their last winning season.
lol wow we fans got a lot in common.

I TOO am 19. wow lol..

I was born in San Francisco, but really didn't start following until the 2002 season either. I woulda followed much earlier, but I didn't grow up in San Fran, I grew up in Washington State and now reside in NC.

And I'll be 20 when the Niners face the RAMS on Sunday of November 14th!! lol so I hope they whoop ass.

But, yes. I too feel the agony of being a young Niner fan. I remember the Giants playoff game all too well, but no glory days at all.
Tell me about it.