There are 197 users in the forums

Agony of being a young 49er fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
im 18 so i missed the era of teh niners too

this.

this.
It's difficult to endure what's been going on here for most of this decade.

I was at their last playoff appearance when they got their asses handed to them by the Bucs. Worst game I've been to-ever. We didn't even seem to try. The Buc fans were ruthless too. It became a point of pride to remain at that game.

Mooch was a total p***y and deserved to be fired. Problem was we had no one to take his place and still haven't found a suitable replacement.

We became spoiled in the 80's & 90's. Now we're under the ownership of the second coming of the Bidwells.

Things need to change before they can truly get better. Like different ownership. They are losers. Winners don't stay down for 8 consecutive years. They just don't.
Originally posted by eric90clark:
So it dawned on me today.. the last time the 49ers went to the playoffs I was 12 years old. I mean sure the 49ers 8 year playoff drought applies to everybody and not just me, obviously. But i never had the honor of seeing (and understanding) the glory days, so the winning, feel good story of the 49ers all seems so foreign to me. Im just being honest. Im referring to Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Deon Saunders, those days. I just didnt experience it. The closest thing to those days that i have fresh in my mind are those Garcia, Owens, and Hearst. But i know for a fact that that pales in comparison.

Im so anxious for a winning season, as well as the playoffs. I guess i'll just have to do what i always do. which is wait lol

Your agony is suffered by all 49ers fans of all ages.

Once this organization admits its mistake in drafting Alex and trying to develop someone with no actual QB talent, the 49ers will become good again.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
well this pretty much explains 92% of niner talk
We had a GREAT owner.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by danimal:
We had a GREAT owner.

Same here, I am 19 and missed it all as well.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 49erJim:

lol better get them blue shorts ready!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You won't see the playoffs again in your lifetime with the Yorks as owners. Enjoy the memories.

This can't be true. They're the only part of the organization that can't be fired so we'd be screwed. They're also the only common denominator on our fall from grace.
Much respect to those that became fans during the past decade to now.

Thankfully I lived through all the great SB, Playoff, and division title years; thats why I'll always be a Niner fan.......

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
We had a GREAT owner.

and if he hadn't screwed it up, he'd still be here. Frankly, Eddie can be credited with both the rise and fall of the franchise.
You have your youth so STFU

same story for me...
Originally posted by darkknight49:
We had a GREAT owner.

and if he hadn't screwed it up, he'd still be here. Frankly, Eddie can be credited with both the rise and fall of the franchise.

Yes, he caused the downfall. But it has nothing to do with him that we have not risen again.

Bottomline, if Jed does not start impressing soon, there will be a s**tload of Niner fans that will go their entire lives without a Championship
Originally posted by 49erJim:

lol better get them blue shorts ready!

blue shorts are already loaded in the car.
Share 49ersWebzone