LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 345 users in the forums

The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We will be facing Kevin Kolb this week. Here is a quick blurb I put together on him.

Quote:
QB: Vick is out this week with a rib injury and Kevin Kolb is in. In limited action in two games this season (GB, WAS), Kolb is 27/35, for 225 yards, with 1 TD and 1 INT. He has also been sacked 4 times in less that sixty minutes of total play.

In his two starts last season, both at home (NO, KC) he completed 55/85 passes, for 718 yards, 4 TDs and 3 INTs. Against NO, the Eagles lost 22-48 and against the Chiefs they won 34-14. Kolb was only sacked one time in these two starts.

Looking at the data, I've got to think the 49ers are going to blitz often. It seems that when Kolb is under pressure, he struggles.
I thought I heard that Seattle is thinking about benching Hasselbeck? Anyone hear about this? I heard there are rumblings up there about Seattle's offense.

Just imagine Whitehurst did come in for Hasselbeck. Derek Anderson already got benched for Max Hall whoever that is..so our competition in the NFC west if Hasselbeck gets benched would be -

Hall-AZ
Bradford-STL
Whitehurst-SEA

The damn division could come any more gift wrapped than that.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I thought I heard that Seattle is thinking about benching Hasselbeck? Anyone hear about this? I heard there are rumblings up there about Seattle's offense.

Just imagine Whitehurst did come in for Hasselbeck. Derek Anderson already got benched for Max Hall whoever that is..so our competition in the NFC west if Hasselbeck gets benched would be -

Hall-AZ
Bradford-STL
Whitehurst-SEA

Even after going 0-4, I think we take this division by at least a game.

Hall-AZ
Bradford-STL
Whitehurst-SEA

They just added Marshawn Lynch. This isn't a team that is afraid to make moves.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

This is a great thread. You should update it.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

This is a great thread. You should update it.

On it.

Hall-AZ
Bradford-STL
Whitehurst-SEA

They just added Marshawn Lynch. This isn't a team that is afraid to make moves.

but we just added this dude

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=147424&highlight=seeking6th

I think we should lock this thread until we have 2-3 wins. Just like the rest of the teams in the division. Or until at least after the bye week.

If the losses continue this thread won't make it anyway
I think we should lock this thread until we have 2-3 wins. Just like the rest of the teams in the division. Or until at least after the bye week.

If the losses continue this thread won't make it anyway

Once we're completely eliminated, the purpose of this thread will ultimately be defeated. Until then, it will remain as is.
It is interesting to think that despite leading the the division in defense and being second in offense, we're firmly planted at the bottom of the standings.

It is interesting to think that despite leading the the division in defense and being second in offense, we're firmly planted at the bottom of the standings.

Well we don't show up to away games, turn the ball over like it's fun, and absolutely suck in clutch situations...
Updated: Seattle is looking good...
  • Brew
  • Veteran

I tjought they'd lose today for sure
Originally posted by Brew:

Marshawn Lynch made a HUGE difference. He ran with authority and didn't lose yardage on carries. If you've seen him run, you know the deal. The Seahawks are going to be tough to beat at this point. Our team is going to have to find its stride now and not later.
Originally posted by Brew:

Chicago has had a few very lucky, very close games they've won. They're not quite as good as they may seem. Some of those games were more a factor of the other team beating themselves as well.

At least next week the Cardinals and Seahawks play each other so one of them has to drop in the standings. The Rams play at Tampa and that's no gimme. They're going to come out angry after last week, and they have a winning record still right now.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 17, 2010 at 20:37:34 ]
Share 49ersWebzone