LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 344 users in the forums

The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
But but marshawn lynch is washed up. He's not supposed to help the team....

Westbrook could be doing the same for us if this coaching staff took its head out its ass for a moment.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Updated: Seattle is looking good...

I tjought they'd lose today for sure

Chicago has had a few very lucky, very close games they've won. They're not quite as good as they may seem. Some of those games were more a factor of the other team beating themselves as well.

At least next week the Cardinals and Seahawks play each other so one of them has to drop in the standings. The Rams play at Tampa and that's no gimme. They're going to come out angry after last week, and they have a winning record still right now.

Speaking of teams with fortunate wins, have you seen the Cardinals? Holy smokes, they could easily be 0-5 right now. I think Seattle is going to crush them next weekend.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Chicago has had a few very lucky, very close games they've won. They're not quite as good as they may seem. Some of those games were more a factor of the other team beating themselves as well.

At least next week the Cardinals and Seahawks play each other so one of them has to drop in the standings. The Rams play at Tampa and that's no gimme. They're going to come out angry after last week, and they have a winning record still right now.

Speaking of teams with fortunate wins, have you seen the Cardinals? Holy smokes, they could easily be 0-5 right now. I think Seattle is going to crush them next weekend.

So it's between Seattle and st Louis again. s**t is it 2004 again?

Marshawn Lynch made a HUGE difference. He ran with authority and didn't lose yardage on carries. If you've seen him run, you know the deal. The Seahawks are going to be tough to beat at this point. Our team is going to have to find its stride now and not later.

What in the hell are you talking about? I don't know how a 2.6 YPC is making a "HUGE" difference. He looked slow and indecisive. He is what he is, a nice compliment to their backfield, nothing more.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Marshawn Lynch made a HUGE difference. He ran with authority and didn't lose yardage on carries. If you've seen him run, you know the deal. The Seahawks are going to be tough to beat at this point. Our team is going to have to find its stride now and not later.

What in the hell are you talking about? I don't know how a 2.6 YPC is making a "HUGE" difference. He looked slow and indecisive. He is what he is, a nice compliment to their backfield, nothing more.

Did you watch the game? He was hit in the backfield almost every time he touched the ball. Normally, Seattle goes for -2 on those. Instead, Lynch was turning them into one, two and three yard gains. His ability to do that was the difference in the game...
With all 3 other NFC West teams at 3-2, 3-3, I am not so convinced that 9 wins will win the division this year!
The only team that really beat us fair and square has been KC. I believe every other game we lost because we beat ourselves. I think if we take care of our own business and not beat ourselves we can win every other game on our schedule. Now whether we will do that or not remains to be seen. But no other team on our schedule is so much better than we are that we should lose.

We have our first win, now we need to get the second one and the old cliche one game at a time. So if we went 11-5 do you think that would win the division?
Originally posted by SJniner7:
With all 3 other NFC West teams at 3-2, 3-3, I am not so convinced that 9 wins will win the division this year!

It is hard to tell. None of those teams have beaten very good NFL teams yet. I am convinced the Bears record is a fluke thus far. With that said, Seattle looks to be a pretty decent football team at this point and with a two game lead on us, that hurts.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
The only team that really beat us fair and square has been KC. I believe every other game we lost because we beat ourselves. I think if we take care of our own business and not beat ourselves we can win every other game on our schedule. Now whether we will do that or not remains to be seen. But no other team on our schedule is so much better than we are that we should lose.

We have our first win, now we need to get the second one and the old cliche one game at a time. So if we went 11-5 do you think that would win the division?

We have beaten ourselves, and we have done so largely because of Singletary. In the last two games he has shown zero willingness to change his philosophy so I expect the team to continue to disappoint. I can't wait until Singletary is gone at this point. I also have trouble believing I once supported this guy. Clearly, the emperor wears no clothes.
I love this thread. Even though we suck

Don't look now, but we've climbed back into the top 10 defense ranking.
There is no question that we are an error prone team. None the less we didn't have any turn overs in this game. Now the great question is can we build on this experience and beat Caroline like we should beat a team that is not good. If we can do that handily and show some development, and not play down to the level of our competition we will show progress. The rest will be continued fine tuning, gelling, and playing like a team.

So if Willis can get on track and if Brooks can get on track, and if RJF can replace Evans and McDonald, and if Mays continues to grow in the backfield the defense will be good.

If the oline takes its next step of growth. If Rachal is replaced. If Boone/Sims become active, if Smith starts harmonizing with his receivers, if Johnson's play calling improves, if we see a better mix of RBs we will have the team we are looking for. Then if Smith actually becomes aggressive, and if necessary does yell at his team mates, and gets angry and gets intense enough to run his offense his way for the whole game, no tellling how good we can be. But that is the development of a team through the season.

But we got our first win yesterday. Now we need a second win next sunday. Then a third.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
There is no question that we are an error prone team. None the less we didn't have any turn overs in this game. Now the great question is can we build on this experience and beat Caroline like we should beat a team that is not good. If we can do that handily and show some development, and not play down to the level of our competition we will show progress. The rest will be continued fine tuning, gelling, and playing like a team.

So if Willis can get on track and if Brooks can get on track, and if RJF can replace Evans and McDonald, and if Mays continues to grow in the backfield the defense will be good.

If the oline takes its next step of growth. If Rachal is replaced. If Boone/Sims become active, if Smith starts harmonizing with his receivers, if Johnson's play calling improves, if we see a better mix of RBs we will have the team we are looking for. Then if Smith actually becomes aggressive, and if necessary does yell at his team mates, and gets angry and gets intense enough to run his offense his way for the whole game, no tellling how good we can be. But that is the development of a team through the season.

But we got our first win yesterday. Now we need a second win next sunday. Then a third.

Since 2005, we have two wins in the 10 am slot, not counting games at the Rams. I'm curious to see what will transpire next Sunday. If Singletary dies, and sadly that is the only way I think he will be replaced this season, I think we'll blow them out.
just my thoughts..

but if you look at the schedule of all of the other teams in our division.. their schedules are just as easy as ours...and yet they are 2-3 games on us..

I think either Arizona or Seattle will finish up with a 9-7 record and winning the division with that record..

we would have to win at least 8 more games and go 8 and 2 for the rest of the season.. I just think that's a real stretch by any imagination.. given a 1-5 start..

sorry Jed, but maybe next year..

BTW, I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong..
  • jrg
  • Veteran

IBTL
Share 49ersWebzone