There are 173 users in the forums

The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Bottom line.....

This season is 100% in the Niners control. If they win the games, they can win the division. Its that simple.

The Division has a 2 game lead. The Niners play all of them but Seattle twice. If they win those game, they can win the division.

I'm not saying they will, I'm saying it isn't insurmountable and that the Niners control their own destiny.

Its really that simple.

Generally speaking people say the team with the 2 game lead controls their own destiny. In theory we need help. We can win every game the rest of the season and Seattle could still win it.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 19, 2010 at 08:58:06 ]
why we won't win the West

Main reason? Because the Niners aren't karate experts.
Originally posted by fly15:
Two words: Alex smith

fly than your average speaks the truth
If we win out against Arizona and St. Louis, and pick up a win against Seattle at home then I would say were are in a very good position to win the west. This thread sucks c**k
With a "Yoga expert" maybe then we can win the west, but only if the young grasshoppers approve.

[ Edited by 9erfreak on Oct 19, 2010 at 09:07:25 ]
But really, 8-8 or possibly even 7-9 might win this division. Maybe a week ago, I remember listening to Steve Young on AM 680 and he felt that way and I'd have to agree with him. Sure we should've won the Falcons and Eagles game (maybe the Saints game, too). But at least we beat the Raiders and have the Panthers (possibly worst team in the league) up next. That's two wins we could build on and pray the others lose next week. Then, we can cut the lead down to one game and the season isn't even half over yet.

I'm trying to think positive, but I know it can be tough.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by TrueNiner:
just my thoughts..

but if you look at the schedule of all of the other teams in our division.. their schedules are just as easy as ours...and yet they are 2-3 games on us..

I think either Arizona or Seattle will finish up with a 9-7 record and winning the division with that record..

we would have to win at least 8 more games and go 8 and 2 for the rest of the season.. I just think that's a real stretch by any imagination.. given a 1-5 start..

sorry Jed, but maybe next year..

BTW, I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong..

PERFECT response.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
With a "Yoga expert" maybe then we can win the west, but only if the young grasshoppers approve.

As a karate expert, I will not talk about the young grasshopper's stomach growling. Did you hear it? You have to listen closely like me.
[url=null]null[/url]
Originally posted by Hitman49:
11-5

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by fwhat does ly15:

As a karate expert, I will not talk about your negativity toward the 49ers starting QB.

What does"karate expert" has to do with not winning our division.

as a fellow karate expert, we do not talk about how our expertise is valid for this situation

First of all, I was not asking u. And if u guys dont talk about it, why even mention it on posts... go 9ers!!!!!

Anyone want to post seattle's remaining schedule?
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by fwhat does ly15:

As a karate expert, I will not talk about your negativity toward the 49ers starting QB.

What does"karate expert" has to do with not winning our division.

as a fellow karate expert, we do not talk about how our expertise is valid for this situation

First of all, I was not asking u. And if u guys dont talk about it, why even mention it on posts... go 9ers!!!!!

As a karate expert, I will to defer to valrod's answer to your question.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I guess you haven't seen this thread.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=145743&highlight=49ers%20vs%20NFC%20West
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=145743&highlight=49ers%20vs%20NFC%20West

Eh they still play ATL, NO, KC, @us, NYG, @AZ, STL, and TB(who is over .500 at the moment). They could definitely lose some of those games, and if they don't then they really are the best team in the division.

[ Edited by WillistheWall on Oct 19, 2010 at 09:40:09 ]
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Eh they still play ATL, NO, KC, @us, NYG, @AZ, STL, and TB(who is over .500 at the moment). They could definitely lose some of those games, and if they don't then they really are the best team in the division.

We just need to play up to our ability. If we do that, we can win eight of our remaining ten games. Heck, we could even win out.
Share 49ersWebzone