LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Were suddenly thin at WR with Ginn hurt and Kyle Williams out. We only have 3 healthy's WR (Crabtree, Morgan, Ziegs)

I think Williams will be back this week

Yeah but he's missed most of TC and pre-season and he is a rookie and wasn't even really drafted for his ability(s) as a WR
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The one pick was on Alex. It was a high pass and if even if Crabtree turned around quicker a tipped ball was best case scenario.

If he ran the wrong route it's a different story but according to Singletary he just didn't get his head up quick enough. Still a bad pass from Alex though.

its too bad his head was looking to the right... when the pass was there. thats crabs fault everyone knows you watch the ball... he looked to run before he caught it....

alex did play bad but two picks on crabs... bench his pre madonna ass

Even if he was looking it was unaccurate ball that sored over him. Blame should go to both.
Were suddenly thin at WR with Ginn hurt and Kyle Williams out. We only have 3 healthy's WR (Crabtree, Morgan, Ziegs)

with no one to throw them the ball..
mike sando said the same thing along with keven lynch and tim k
  • Apone
  • Veteran

Yeah but he's missed most of TC and pre-season and he is a rookie and wasn't even really drafted for his ability(s) as a WR

Exactly. If you're the best WR on the team, and arguably have the best hands you want to build chemistry with your QB. Davis called him out, I am just surprised why Sing hasn't, since his had no problem in the past for calling out other players.
and what do u call morgan not keeping his feet in bounds and norris not catchingg the ball everyone is to blame
I think all the "Alex apologists" and "Alex haters" is getting to be way too much BS...

The team sucked today...... if you think one player can change all of that you don't inderstand the game too well....

I wish we had a team of Pro Bowlers at every position....we dont.... it seems like I watch a bunch of other NFL games where the QB doesnt throw everything right in stride etc...it is more of a rhythm between QB and receiver....running game did squat.... pressure coming from everywhere...and slow playcalling with people not in the correct position will destroy any rhythm you hope to get...

I dont know if A Smith is the answer, but he is not the lone issue and for anyone wanting him gone, the best thing that could happen for you is to have the rest of the team play to a medioce NFL level (including coaching) and then you will have something to hang your hat on...

THE TEAM sucked today....was Alex a part of that? Yes indeed. So lets bench them all for the second string players
people are over reacting after one game. Crabtree is has not played a game in pre-season and it showed. Not his fault it's the coaches fault for putting an un prepared player on the field.

If he runs the correct routes and cathces the ball then I dont care what he was drafted for. If Ginn is going to be out for longer then a week then Williams has to step up ASAP.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
people are over reacting after one game. Crabtree is has not played a game in pre-season and it showed. Not his fault it's the coaches fault for putting an un prepared player on the field.

He was unprepared because he didn't want to play in the preseason and build chemistry with his QB and the rest of the offense. More or less that's why VD chewed his ass out.

Crabtree didn't belong on the field today. He sure didn't look ready to play. Missing the entire preseason and a good chunk of Training Camp showed.

If he has any pride and self respect he'll work his ass off and start playing like the #1 receiver he is expected to be.
Originally posted by Apone:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

He was unprepared because he didn't want to play in the preseason and build chemistry with his QB and the rest of the offense. More or less that's why VD chewed his ass out.

He was injured dude that's why he didn't play. You don't put an injured player out there and you should know that. It was wrong for them to start him? Yes cause he was not ready to play.
I agree. There is no excuse for Crabtree not knowing what he is doing. He misses every preseason, all of training camp and all the hard work and it shows.
Crabtree really needs to f**king step it up.
Originally posted by TDNiners:
I was listening to the radio - thats what he said after Rod Brooks told him what happened on that intentional grounding play on Alex play.

Apparently, Crabtree lined up in the wrong side of the field. By the time he got to the right position, there was only 1 sec left to hike the ball and read the defense.

Gary Plummer did not hold back. Stating that Crabtree already is responsible for 2 turnovers. Apparently they thought that crabtree was looking to run before he caught the ball and the other he ran the wrong route.

He said there is no place for that in the NFL.

some of the other things they said

Haralson was getting whipped by the seattle TE all day long

Somebody ran the wrong route again, on that long pass to VD that almost got intercepted. The safety should not be there. There were only 1 other route that the could occupy the safety. Usually there is 2, so they won't come close to Davis.

On critical 3 down, Staley got pushed back to Alex. Staley was getting setup all day. Came out of the field swearing like hell.

Its great to listen to the radio to give a different perspective. Especially since Rod and Gary kinda know how the play suppose to look like and who f**ked up.

Also, seattle was exploiting 49ers zone because we can't generate a pass rush with only 4 players. They couldn't figure out why they can't get through a make shift line.

I guess same problem --- no pass rusher...

I forgot one more thing.

Jerry Sullivan was spending a lot of time with Crabtree --- Rod Brooks

I'll leave this to everyones interpretation

One more thing... not related to niners..

During the Michael Robinson catch..

Gary Plummer - "Nowwww he holds on to the ball"..

I thought it was funny
Share 49ersWebzone