There are 194 users in the forums

Raye: "Scoring takes the crowd out of it a lot better than anything else."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I actually would hope not to see even one FB dive this season. Even on 3rd and 2, I'd rather have Dixon in there or Westbrook, or whoever the f**k else. Norris just can't do s**t, lol
He also said a little later in the interview that running the ball is easier to do in a noisy environment so take it for what it's worth.
  • cools
  • Veteran
On the other hand, not getting the play to QB in time will cause the crowd to go nuts,
cause they think they caused the wasted time outs and delay of game penalties

I hope im wrong, but this could be a problem for us this season

Be quick with your play calls Raye, or hand the plan over to Mike Johnson

[ Edited by cools on Sep 10, 2010 at 23:33:32 ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
He also said a little later in the interview that running the ball is easier to do in a noisy environment so take it for what it's worth.

Well said :)

The guy isn't dumb, despite our Madden NFL fantasies.
  • kw49r
  • Veteran
We are a bit vuneruable in Special Teams. This is one area in which an inferior team can excel. We will dominate on both sides of the ball, but we must take care of the ball and tackle well on special teams against seattle.
Originally posted by kw49r:
We are a bit vuneruable in Special Teams. This is one area in which an inferior team can excel. We will dominate on both sides of the ball, but we must take care of the ball and tackle well on special teams against seattle.

why do u think we will be inferior or special teams? we upgraded our return men and we have a lot more speed on special teams coverage with dixon, bowman, mays and the new guys. i think theyll be better
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

why do u think we will be inferior or special teams? we upgraded our return men and we have a lot more speed on special teams coverage with dixon, bowman, mays and the new guys. i think theyll be better

he misses M-Rob.

I agree that our Return guys are better than they were last season. Mostly due to McCloughan's goofball move of waiving a Veteran Return man 3 games in. Yeah Rossum got injured in Dallas, but before then he ran one back that got flagged on a BS penalty. Ginn is pretty decent but I don't think that he's better than a healthy Rossum. At least Rossum gave us a Vet to put on the field in Dime packs when we're short on experienced DBs'. Not saying that he should've been on the field much any other time but for hard pressed times he was good enough.

However why the hell is Boon and Sims on the team if they're going to be inactive come Sundays? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have Sims in case something happens to Staley, but why the hell is Snyder active? Or Rachal? ONE of these guys could have been waived and left us an experienced tackler on ST.

I agree that MRob didn't fit in this Backfield, but that's cause of the unexpected signing of Westbrook. Who I'm glad we got but am worried that an injury will make him miss significant time on the field. I hope that it's just me but it could happen. So we cut an experienced guy that could have benefitted from the OL additions just like Frank and AD will.

You know it's funny how people so easily dismiss how much protection and downfield Line blocking matters. Hell we actually could have used MRob in wildcat, but that doesn't matter now since he's up in Seattle. Not worried about Jones, MRob on the other hand loves to blow sh@t up. I'm hoping he doesn't come at us with a big chip on his shoulder.

Yes we can move on, but no I do not believe that our young pups are better than MRob in this regard. They still have to prove it by me before I even put them on the same level. But that's just me I guess.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

I agree that our Return guys are better than they were last season. Mostly due to McCloughan's goofball move of waiving a Veteran Return man 3 games in. Yeah Rossum got injured in Dallas, but before then he ran one back that got flagged on a BS penalty. Ginn is pretty decent but I don't think that he's better than a healthy Rossum. At least Rossum gave us a Vet to put on the field in Dime packs when we're short on experienced DBs'. Not saying that he should've been on the field much any other time but for hard pressed times he was good enough.

However why the hell is Boon and Sims on the team if they're going to be inactive come Sundays? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have Sims in case something happens to Staley, but why the hell is Snyder active? Or Rachal? ONE of these guys could have been waived and left us an experienced tackler on ST.

I agree that MRob didn't fit in this Backfield, but that's cause of the unexpected signing of Westbrook. Who I'm glad we got but am worried that an injury will make him miss significant time on the field. I hope that it's just me but it could happen. So we cut an experienced guy that could have benefitted from the OL additions just like Frank and AD will.

You know it's funny how people so easily dismiss how much protection and downfield Line blocking matters. Hell we actually could have used MRob in wildcat, but that doesn't matter now since he's up in Seattle. Not worried about Jones, MRob on the other hand loves to blow sh@t up. I'm hoping he doesn't come at us with a big chip on his shoulder.

Yes we can move on, but no I do not believe that our young pups are better than MRob in this regard. They still have to prove it by me before I even put them on the same level. But that's just me I guess.

~Ceadder

i think we'll be alright man, bowman has a nose for the ball and mays has shown great awareness out there too. im sure theyll be ok.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Fair enough, Oreck, but remember, you call vanilla games during the preseason and leave your "real" offense for the regular season.

They should keep it as simple as they can anyway. They don't want to show the Saints too many of their cards, especially when they have 10 days to get ready for us.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skynet907:
who let him out of the nursing home?

its almost Halloween dude...
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Well said :)

The guy isn't dumb, despite our Madden NFL fantasies.

Jimmy Raye? Yes he is
  • Mex49
The pass,

opens up the run.
Dinglefairy and Faye. Two stooges, poseurs extradordinares.
Hey Fester......Take Note......We just got handed our Sacks!....

SeaChickens 1....0

Niners.....0.......1
Share 49ersWebzone