Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 651 users in the forums

Raye: "Scoring takes the crowd out of it a lot better than anything else."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the noob gets style points for working a van halen classic into a discussion about jimmyu raye lol
I didn't read that as proof that Raye has "woken up" or suddenly crawled out of his shell--after all, Raye was pretty flexible and aggressive with the defective parts he had to work with last year.

Rather, it seemed to me that Raye is indicating that he finally has a fair amount of confidence in all facets of the offense. He appears to be confindent with Smith and no longer feels it is necessary to shield our QB through a run-centric attack. Likewise, he seems to confident that the O-Line will be able to provide the foundation for a ballanced attack.

Again, after last year's admirably flexible and often aggressive performance, I don't get why people persist in calling Raye an inflexible Luddite. By mid-season he had installed a full blown spread offense and by season's end we were running something that resembled the Eagle's take on the modern West Coast system. That's not the resume of stubborn old geezer who is well past it.

I think there's every reason to expect Raye to be as aggressive and innovative as our offense's components will allow him to be.
Originally posted by matt0305:
Originally posted by Method:
You better not be lying you old fart.


who let him out of the nursing home?
Scoring a lot (30+) is even bette,r it will not only take the crowd out of the game but send them home early....

Watching those interviews you realize that Raye isn't some dumbass...he knows what he's doing and I'm sure he realizes that running up the gut out of a crunched formation (too often) isn't the answer.

I just want to see our offense tailored a bit more towards Smith.

I think we'll see it this year. Just hope that Singletary takes the leash off of Bill Cosby long enough to let him use our weapons on the outside.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Watching those interviews you realize that Raye isn't some dumbass...he knows what he's doing and I'm sure he realizes that running up the gut out of a crunched formation (too often) isn't the answer.

I just want to see our offense tailored a bit more towards Smith.

I think we'll see it this year. Just hope that Singletary takes the leash off of Bill Cosby long enough to let him use our weapons on the outside.

Raye is almost an enigma, he carries himself and his words to almost a meticulous sort of jest, that you almost find it hard to believe the words even came out of his mouth sometimes (cause he sometimes looks/acts like Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars).

But Raye has really come out of his shell and said some funny-ass s**t this year! I think that captain patch means more than it appears for Mr. Smith; Alex is finally getting the keys to the car this year. -Raye would rather have a Peyton Manning more than people would think (with this sort of statement).
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
ill f**k his mouth if he goes no huddle

FOR FREE

More likely the other way round. Better hope he takes his little blue pill Ron.



Just kidding man. The mental picture was just too damned disturbing in either case.

~Ceadder

Pass the brain bleach please...

LB
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I didn't read that as proof that Raye has "woken up" or suddenly crawled out of his shell--after all, Raye was pretty flexible and aggressive with the defective parts he had to work with last year.

Rather, it seemed to me that Raye is indicating that he finally has a fair amount of confidence in all facets of the offense. He appears to be confindent with Smith and no longer feels it is necessary to shield our QB through a run-centric attack. Likewise, he seems to confident that the O-Line will be able to provide the foundation for a ballanced attack.

Again, after last year's admirably flexible and often aggressive performance, I don't get why people persist in calling Raye an inflexible Luddite. By mid-season he had installed a full blown spread offense and by season's end we were running something that resembled the Eagle's take on the modern West Coast system. That's not the resume of stubborn old geezer who is well past it.

I think there's every reason to expect Raye to be as aggressive and innovative as our offense's components will allow him to be.

Well said! Bravo!



This "run three times in a cloud of dust" gets really old fast especially when you know the facts.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Watching those interviews you realize that Raye isn't some dumbass...he knows what he's doing and I'm sure he realizes that running up the gut out of a crunched formation (too often) isn't the answer.

I just want to see our offense tailored a bit more towards Smith.

I think we'll see it this year. Just hope that Singletary takes the leash off of Bill Cosby long enough to let him use our weapons on the outside.

Raye is almost an enigma, he carries himself and his words to almost a meticulous sort of jest, that you almost find it hard to believe the words even came out of his mouth sometimes (cause he sometimes looks/acts like Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars).

But Raye has really come out of his shell and said some funny-ass s**t this year! I think that captain patch means more than it appears for Mr. Smith; Alex is finally getting the keys to the car this year. -Raye would rather have a Peyton Manning more than people would think (with this sort of statement).

Even last year Maiocco would say how much the beat writers looked forward to Raye's interviews.

Both coordinators are hilarious in different ways, now that I think about it.
Take a look at what he did as the OC for the Chiefs in 99 with Grbac for QB and Donnel Bennet as his feature back...


1999 Chiefs with Raye as OC


Not bad considering the only real offensive star he had was a young Gonzales.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
ill f**k his mouth if he goes no huddle

FOR FREE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL......NICE JOKE....HAHAHAHAHA
Originally posted by PERUVIAN49ERS:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
ill f**k his mouth if he goes no huddle

FOR FREE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL......NICE JOKE....HAHAHAHAHA

He's not joking
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Don't tell me, show me.

Dude why do you want to see that...

*points to the picture above your quote*
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,429
Raye seems like a funny guy. Lets just hope he can call us some good games this year
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone