There are 192 users in the forums

Would Brady pass Montana in your mind???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by superman49er:
if brady, or anybody gets 5, then yes, but that wont happen anytime soon

did he loose in a sb

Yes vs the giants.. they were 18-0 and lost inthe sb
Win two more Super Bowls, then yes.
Don't put these fantasies in my head . I was stuck imagining how awesome that'd be and then I remembered who our current QB is .
Never. Joe played in a less passing friendly league. Different era.
Brady would never pass Montana, doesnt matter how better or more rings he might get. Because Montana is perfect in the super bowl, every time he gets to the big show he wins. You cant say that about Brady. And really thats what separates them.

Montana can do all the things Brady can do and maybe better but Brady vs Montana in the super bowl. Montana hands down, not even a guess nor thought.
Brady has won a lot of blowouts. Joe won many come from behind games and very close games.. Give me Joe, every time please.
Not a chance!!!!! Joe is the G.O.A.T.!
No.
No. Montana never lost in a SB. Brady already blew his chance at that. He will always be mentioned with Joe, but in my mind will never be better.......

Originally posted by kemp_j:
No. Montana never lost in a SB. Brady already blew his chance at that. He will always be mentioned with Joe, but in my mind will never be better.......

+1
Originally posted by BigRon:
He will always be in the conversation with Montana, Elway and others. The conversation gets interesting when you only compare Superbowls. Montana is the hands down greatest ever Superbowl QB. 4-0 with no interceptions.

When talking about careers most fail to leave out Sammy Baugh who simply won 8 NFL Championships in 9 years. Montana pales with that comparison but comparing greats across the eras is extremely tough.

For me Montana is the best ever because he took us from the laughing stock of the NFL to the most dominate team for the next 20 years, with Steve Young taking over.

After All, I am a Homer and Proud of it.

Ron,
pretty did you mean Otto Graham, not Sammy Baugh with the championship numbers? I know Graham won 7 championships in 10 years in the NFL. He actually made it to the championship game all 10 years in the league, and in all 11 years he was a pro athlete (1 as an NBA player).
Brady is damn good, but Joe was really something special. They are really on two different levels. Initially Brady looked as though he may be better, but following the injury, I still don't feel like he has fully recovered. He has also not shown as much of an ability to "play it cool" when under severe duress from a nasty defense...
Originally posted by znk916:
hes already better

wtf u just pissed me the f**k off you piece of s**t calling Brady better than JOE Mother f**kin COOL.......... All Brady had to f**king do was drive the team down so he could rely on his f**king kicker to get the job done for him.... JOE COOL drives his team down to win the game with a f**king TD NO COMPARISON JOE IS GOD
No... Because Montana NEVER THREW A SINGLE INT IN A SUPERBOWL!

Lowest Percentage, Passes Had Intercepted, Career (40 attempts)
Joe Montana, San Francisco, 4 games (superbowls) (122-0)

Here's a good link for QB superbowl stats:
http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/records/superbowls/player/passing

Montana's all over it! Brady is in there a lot though.
Share 49ersWebzone