LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Would Brady pass Montana in your mind???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by WINiner:
bunch of Blind homers here, I swear.

imo, yes Montana is the greatest for what Joe has done as a player.....but to downplay what Brady has done in his career like some are doing in this thread, is just nonsense.

In comparison to Montana it isn't. Adam Vinateri won more SB's than Tom Brady did. Bill Walsh didn't cheat for his QB like Belicheat did. Tom Brady is good, real good, but he's no Montana and that fate is already sealed by history.

OMG THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! when I say Blind Homers.... Adam Vinateri won more SB's than Tom Brady?

Vinateri DID NOT KICK A 80 yard field goal in the playoffs and the SuperBowls.... Tom Brady drove his team down the field in crunch time when it counted most.

what ever I'm wasting in this thread....there are Football fans and then there are just blind 9er fans who don't understand football.

You're missing the point.

The question is, would Brady pass Montana in our minds. We have to compare the two based on their play, but also in the type of football in which they played. The game is very different from what it was in Montana's era.

Vinateri did not kick an 80 field goal... but, without Vinateri's kick... would Brady win those Super Bowls? I doubt it.

Montana won Super Bowls; Brady did just enough for his team to squeak out the win (also had controversial help getting there). A subtle distinction... but it makes the world of difference.

The answer for most of us is... No. I suppose your answer is yes?
If it is... ok. Now go take a nap, you're entirely too sensitive.

noooooooo, I think you fellas are missing the point.

read my first post again.... I said, yes Montana is better because of his play in SuperBowls and playoffs....basically his consistent play on the field.

the thing I was taking exception to was 9er fans in here discrediting Brady's credentials because of Vinatieri...or more realistically the situation the Patriots were in toward the end of the game...

against the Bengals, Montana HAD to score a TD....and he did....Brady didn't have to score a TD....he got them in field goal range.....just because Brady didn't score a TD and had to rely on Vinatieri's foot, should not bring out "opinions" that Vinatieri won more SuperBowls than Brady. It doesn't make sense...and it seems that "opinion" was just brought out to discredit Brady in comparison to Montana.

they won SuperBowls together.
Brady HAD to score against the supposed lowly Giants and he Threw a PICK and lost the game unlike joe when he had to score in every super bowl. Joe>Brady plain and simple. Brady is great dont get me wrong just no cool joe.

aaaaaannnnnnnnnnd I agree with you.... are you fellas even reading what I'm writing?...or what...lol.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 7, 2010 at 4:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by WINiner:
bunch of Blind homers here, I swear.

imo, yes Montana is the greatest for what Joe has done as a player.....but to downplay what Brady has done in his career like some are doing in this thread, is just nonsense.

In comparison to Montana it isn't. Adam Vinateri won more SB's than Tom Brady did. Bill Walsh didn't cheat for his QB like Belicheat did. Tom Brady is good, real good, but he's no Montana and that fate is already sealed by history.

OMG THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! when I say Blind Homers.... Adam Vinateri won more SB's than Tom Brady?

Vinateri DID NOT KICK A 80 yard field goal in the playoffs and the SuperBowls.... Tom Brady drove his team down the field in crunch time when it counted most.

what ever I'm wasting in this thread....there are Football fans and then there are just blind 9er fans who don't understand football.

You're missing the point.

The question is, would Brady pass Montana in our minds. We have to compare the two based on their play, but also in the type of football in which they played. The game is very different from what it was in Montana's era.

Vinateri did not kick an 80 field goal... but, without Vinateri's kick... would Brady win those Super Bowls? I doubt it.

Montana won Super Bowls; Brady did just enough for his team to squeak out the win (also had controversial help getting there). A subtle distinction... but it makes the world of difference.

The answer for most of us is... No. I suppose your answer is yes?
If it is... ok. Now go take a nap, you're entirely too sensitive.

noooooooo, I think you fellas are missing the point.

read my first post again.... I said, yes Montana is better because of his play in SuperBowls and playoffs....basically his consistent play on the field.

the thing I was taking exception to was 9er fans in here discrediting Brady's credentials because of Vinatieri...or more realistically the situation the Patriots were in toward the end of the game...

against the Bengals, Montana HAD to score a TD....and he did....Brady didn't have to score a TD....he got them in field goal range.....just because Brady didn't score a TD and had to rely on Vinatieri's foot, should not bring out "opinions" that Vinatieri won more SuperBowls than Brady. It doesn't make sense...and it seems that "opinion" was just brought out to discredit Brady in comparison to Montana.

they won SuperBowls together.
Brady HAD to score against the supposed lowly Giants and he Threw a PICK and lost the game unlike joe when he had to score in every super bowl. Joe>Brady plain and simple. Brady is great dont get me wrong just no cool joe.

aaaaaannnnnnnnnnd I agree with you.... are you fellas even reading what I'm writing?...or what...lol.

I get what you're saying. I suppose I don't mind Brady's accomplishments being downplayed because I don't like how he got there. The tuck rule, the prolonged drives because a D-lineman breathed on him or brushed a hand on his shin as he backpedals out of the way. He is good, but so overhyped it is ridiculous.

But... give him a great kicker and he can win a couple.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I was looking at the NFL Network ticker earlier today and they were showing that the Patriots are already dealing to give him a new contract so.....

Mods, please lock this biatch up!

Brady pass Montana. What was this guy thinking?.?.?.

Somebody who obviously never seen Joe Montana play.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by kingairta:
Nope because of the cheating, the "tuck" and Adam Vs foot.
I was looking at the NFL Network ticker earlier today and they were showing that the Patriots are already dealing to give him a new contract so.....

True
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by znk916:
hes already better

Turn in your jersey, burn your hat.... you sir are no fan of this team!

bunch of Blind homers

I am not BLIND.

Thankfully the new contract will shut down any talk of the 49ers trading for Brady. Most if not all high-profiled QBs haven't been as successful with their later organizations, Montana included. They are just like entrepreneurs. The still hungry ones are the ones that succeed.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by znk916:
hes already better

Turn in your jersey, burn your hat.... you sir are no fan of this team!

Or reality!

Originally posted by crabman82:
will kobe ever be better than MJ? no hes lost 2 nba finals, same rule applies to brady, i remember jumping up and down when the giants won screaming U AINT NO MONTANA BRADY....and he can never be based on record in the big game

Yup, that was one of the happiest days of my life, the day when Tom Brady officially walked out of the conversation of who is the greatest QB of all time. Man I watched that game(especially the QB hits/sacks) repeatedly!

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by superman49er:
if brady, or anybody gets 5, then yes, but that wont happen anytime soon

did he loose in a sb
  • fan49
  • Veteran
joe and 9ners reign over brady and pats

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/178480-tom-bradys-super-bowl-loss-montana-and-the-49ers-still-reign-supreme
Don't you guys think the season is going bad enough without bringing up this topic...AGAIN?
Joe Montana won 4 Superbowls in an era where breaking a passer's back was not only legal, but warmly welcomed within the NFL (and when almost every defensive monster was either hawked up on steroids, pcp, or cocaine whilst doing it).

It's a double-edged sword, but it's the truth. Plain and simple: Older-era QBs didn't have to rely upon bulls**t pass interference/ankle-touching penalties to win comeback drives.

Same argument goes for all those stupid Rice vs Moss cases as well. Jerry Rice had to play (repeat, PLAY) in an era where a WR had to PLAN-AROUND arm-bars/dirty defensive-backs, not depend upon the refs to make the right call and give up passing routes in the process cause of emotional disagreements.
Share 49ersWebzone