There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners sign Troy Smith

Originally posted by jones49:
ESPN article
Mike Sando of espn says "The 49ers appear to have upgraded in the No. 3 spot without necessarily giving up on Davis." Now I can sleep easier.

makes sense
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by NinerBabe:
Originally posted by NinerBabe:
Former Heisman Trophy Winner Troy Smith Highlights...
Niners I hope this move will pay dividends down the road... Good luck to Troy Smith!

why would you wish that? If we make the playoffs this year and in the future it will be on the back of Alex Smith

like I said before, if we don't hear another thing about Troy Smith this year, it would be a good thing. He is the emergency 3rd QB.

Quite frankly NONE OF OUR 3 QB's could take us to the SB. I am being REALISTIC and that's the TRUTH. I AM NOT going to rely on AS or CARR to get us there. WE NEED UPGRADES from these 2 and fast. Until AS can clench the NFC Division.... maybe I will change my mind.

well does the fact that Mark Bulger beat out Troy Smith for a roster spot make you feel any better

I think Marc Bulger can still be a solid QB if he played behind a good o-line.

It wasn't too long ago that we were bemoaning not drafting Bulger

He's made two pro bowls
Originally posted by joebbadass:
Nate got himself on Singletary's permanent sh!t list. There was attitude and work ethic, but also once you are on Singletary's bad side you are done. A personality thing. I don't think Singletary liked him and I don't know that that there is anything that could make the coach like him. Nate Davis will likely be successful somewhere else. I don't know why they signed Troy Smith. The "Wildcat" or "Tazer" is gimmicky junk. I hope they hang on to Jarrett Brown.

chill man, he is the 3rd QB. If we don't hear any else about Troy Smith the rest of the year, that will be a good thing.

And the bottom line is the 49ers didn't have the resources to develop Nate Davis as a 3rd QB, and he proved he didn't have the tools right now to be a #2.

He will get another shot, and if an organization wants to spend the resources, having a coach be on him 24 hours a day, mentor, and tutor him, he will develop. Our organization just didn't want to do that. Jed is cheap what can you say?

I hope this doesn't come back to haunt the Niners. Davis may have been a slouch when it came to learning the playbook, but he is a gamer. All I can say is good luck Nate........
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Oh boy. I wonder if other fan sites get this excited about their third string QB's.

i guarantee that they do.

Really?
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I haven't really kept up with Smiths' career with the Ravens; Is he really an upgrade to Nate Davis? I mean the potential that Nate has and the fact that he is bigger than Troy is reason enough to have given him more time to develop.

why ravens know that troy smith suck that they releasing him! Nate Davis gave us for upgrade his team and effort to Alex Smith make better for QB
Originally posted by teeohh:
What is making you guys think we signed him to run the taser?
Meh, He is better than Nate Davis, so we just became better. By midseason he may push Carr for the backup spot
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 6, 2010 at 7:20 PM ]
Oh boy. I wonder if other fan sites get this excited about their third string QB's.

i guarantee that they do.

Really?

yeah. why wouldn't they? who goes to a fan site and posts a bunch of crap if they're not at least a little obsessed with the team?
Lets be honest. If Alex sucked this year then the team would likely have drafted a first round QB next draft anyways.
Originally posted by jrg:
Wildcat offense with Smith, Ginn, Gore, Westbrook.

Dont you start that s**t
Originally posted by walker807:
Lets be honest. If Alex sucked this year then the team would likely have drafted a first round QB next draft anyways.

Great move!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by walker807:

that is right.. If possible that happen..

Ill stab somebody if that happens
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I haven't really kept up with Smiths' career with the Ravens; Is he really an upgrade to Nate Davis? I mean the potential that Nate has and the fact that he is bigger than Troy is reason enough to have given him more time to develop.

why ravens know that troy smith suck that they releasing him! Nate Davis gave us for upgrade his team and effort to Alex Smith make better for QB

WTF you say?
Originally posted by valrod33:

Ill stab somebody if that happens

LOL I thought they did away with that taser crap.