LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 265 users in the forums

Niners sign Troy Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wonder if Nate will end up in Seattle!!
meh.

welcome to the team, Troy.
ESPN article
Mike Sando of espn says "The 49ers appear to have upgraded in the No. 3 spot without necessarily giving up on Davis." Now I can sleep easier.
Originally posted by NinerBabe:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Former Heisman Trophy Winner Troy Smith Highlights...
Niners I hope this move will pay dividends down the road... Good luck to Troy Smith!

why would you wish that? If we make the playoffs this year and in the future it will be on the back of Alex Smith

like I said before, if we don't hear another thing about Troy Smith this year, it would be a good thing. He is the emergency 3rd QB.

Quite frankly NONE OF OUR 3 QB's could take us to the SB. I am being REALISTIC and that's the TRUTH. I AM NOT going to rely on AS or CARR to get us there. WE NEED UPGRADES from these 2 and fast. Until AS can clench the NFC Division.... maybe I will change my mind.

well does the fact that Mark Bulger beat out Troy Smith for a roster spot make you feel any better
troy smith sucks!
Niners I hope this move will pay dividends down the road... Good luck to Troy Smith!

why would you wish that? If we make the playoffs this year and in the future it will be on the back of Alex Smith

like I said before, if we don't hear another thing about Troy Smith this year, it would be a good thing. He is the emergency 3rd QB.

Quite frankly NONE OF OUR 3 QB's could take us to the SB. I am being REALISTIC and that's the TRUTH. I AM NOT going to rely on AS or CARR to get us there. WE NEED UPGRADES from these 2 and fast. Until AS can clench the NFC Division.... maybe I will change my mind.

well does the fact that Mark Bulger beat out Troy Smith for a roster spot make you feel any better

I think Marc Bulger can still be a solid QB if he played behind a good o-line.
its our 3rd string qb...
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
its our 3rd string qb...

LOL yes exactly! Only time will tell..........
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
its our 3rd string qb...

lol, true. but to be fair, QB is still a question mark as of today, and this team has to be aggressive in having backup plans for the position. So any action they take at QB can have serious ramifications down the road, IMO.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
troy smith sucks!

true! why releasing troy smith? u fool guys all it!

Oh boy. I wonder if other fan sites get this excited about their third string QB's.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I think Marc Bulger can still be a solid QB if he played behind a good o-line.

Bulger's arm sucks. He can't throw a deep ball. But maybe with possession receivers like Housh and Boldin that wouldn't be a problem.
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Oh boy. I wonder if other fan sites get this excited about their third string QB's.

i guarantee that they do.
I haven't really kept up with Smiths' career with the Ravens; Is he really an upgrade to Nate Davis? I mean the potential that Nate has and the fact that he is bigger than Troy is reason enough to have given him more time to develop.
Wow, I didn't see that coming! I guess it just boils down to which garbage QB you think is better.
Share 49ersWebzone