LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

Niners sign Troy Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Welcome aboard, Troy Smith. We now have the best QB stable in the League, as far as pedigree. Seriously, welcome aboard and good luck!

Alex Smith
David Carr
Troy Smith

That's like every NFL college scouts wet dream.

Of course it is! I think Sean Payton would LOVE to have these guys on his roster, because he would use each 3 of them to their strengths. (Yes, even David Carr has some strengths.)

Payton could have had Troy Smith for a measly 3rd rounder and chose to pass....
Originally posted by ninerinchnails:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Welcome aboard, Troy Smith. We now have the best QB stable in the League, as far as pedigree. Seriously, welcome aboard and good luck!

Alex Smith
David Carr
Troy Smith

That's like every NFL college scouts wet dream.

Of course it is! I think Sean Payton would LOVE to have these guys on his roster, because he would use each 3 of them to their strengths. (Yes, even David Carr has some strengths.)

Payton could have had Troy Smith for a measly 3rd rounder and chose to pass....

Since when is a 3rd round pick measly?
The hell with it. I don't even care. Put him out there.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Start him!!!!!!
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I've held the belief for months that McCloughan was fired because he got rid of Shaun Hill, and the alcoholism and family matters was just a nice cover up.

All of these QB moves and criticism of Davis pretty much confirms it. Hear me out:

1) Carr is signed Mar 8.
2) Hill is traded Mar 14.
3) McCloughan resigns Mar 18 (out of the blue mind you)
4) Singletary probably disappointed that Davis has not developed quickly enough and criticizes his worth ethic. He was probably hoping Davis would beat out Carr this year considering the Sing never wanted Carr because he already had a capable backup in Shaun.
5) Troy Smith is signed and Davis is cut, but Sing wants him on the PS.

Singletary has full reign on the 53 man roster with McCloughan out of the picture. It wouldn't surprise me if Troy Smith quietly beats out David Carr by week 3 for the #2 spot.

I was off by a few weeks.

LOL. Pretty much confirmed my theory that Singletary never wanted to sign Carr, wanted to keep Hill instead, and McCloughan was basically fired because he traded Hill.

Carr sucks but he had absolutely no chance in getting playing time if Alex got hurt. Coach just didn't want him[/b]
[ Edited by DesiDez on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:00 AM ]
The Black Smith ftw! lol

Share 49ersWebzone