There are 171 users in the forums

Post Your Practice Squad Predictions Here!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
what exactly are the practice squad rules??? always hear ppl say "if hes eligible"

I guess a player can only be put on the practice squad fir so many seasons (kind of like a baseball player can only be optioned so many times, before a team has to make a decision on his contract). It's the same priciple of giving incentive to a player to improve his skills so that the retention of his services is justified.
Originally posted by GEEK:
8 Player PS:

FB Jehuu Caulcric
- The fact that he can double as a RB/FB hybrid adds more incentive for the 49ers to retain him. The familiarity he may gain of the Offensive System on the PS will help him if he needs to fill in for Norris this year or replace him next year.

G Brian de la Puente
- It may not be ideal to have a PS OL player when you have 10 OL players on the 53 man roster, but de la Puente may be a legitimate replacement for Baas as a backup OG in 2011. He's got talent, and I hope the 49ers retain him to assist in continuity.

TE Joe Jon Finley
- If one of our TEs go down, it would be nice to have Finley available on hand to fill in. Very important position in our offense.

WR Bobby Guillory
- With 5 WRs, I think we'd be smart to retain a PS backup to Ginn and Williams.

QB Jarrett Brown
- PS players don't always remain at their normal positions. Brown can be tried out at WR and RB with his athletic set.

DT Khalif Mitchell
- No brainer choice here for the PS. If Franklin doesn't get resigned, Mitchell would be the natural backup to RJF at NT.

DT Will Tukuafu
- He'd also be a natural replacement for Evans in 2011.

LB Bruce Davis
- 8 LBs on the active roster, we'd be smart to keep a DE/LB on the PS

Nice, I like it & agree
Originally posted by jobiwon:
Jehuu told me he was told they wanted him on the practice squad when he was cut.
Hope he clears waivers.

When did you see him or whatever? I would love to have that guy on the practice squad though. He can actually run and catch the ball. He might be a good long term replacement for Norris and kind of like a poor man Fred Beasley or William Floyd. I would like to see Brit Miller stick around too. He was a beast on ST and he's good at catching the ball. I don't get why he didn't even really get a chance this preseason.
I was chatting with him on facebook before I had to go to Chucky Cheese.
I'm out East and he's from here.
He's the future at FB. He can run, catch, and block. You guys finally got to see it in the preseason.

Also, he's on twitter for those that want to follow him, @JehuuCaulcrick.
[ Edited by jobiwon on Sep 4, 2010 at 7:32 AM ]
If Caulrick, Tukuofu, and Davis make the practice squad then I'm good. Wasn't sure they had the cajones to show MRob the door but they did. In my mind, signing these 3 to the practice squad tells me that the FO knows WTH they're doing. It's been like a decade since we've had that.
Jarrett Brown
Jehuu Caulcrick
Keaton Kristick (sp?)
Bruce Davis
Khalif Mitchell
Will Tukuafu
Bobby Guillory
Brian de la Puente
FB Brit Miller
OLB Bruce Davis (if we’re lucky)
DL Khalif Mitchell
WR = waivers pick-up from other team
ILB Keaton Kristick
TE JJ Finley
G Brian de la Puente
DT Will Tukuafu
Why Everyone wants Brit Miller when he is'nt a true fullback?
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Why Everyone wants Brit Miller when he is'nt a true fullback?

People love his attitude and that surprise touchdown in the preseason last year, but he obviously fell behind Caulcrick in the FB competition. I would expect the team to PS the primary backup to a #1 before they PS a good special teams guy.
Originally posted by tohara3:
8 Player PS:

FB Jehuu Caulcric
- The fact that he can double as a RB/FB hybrid adds more incentive for the 49ers to retain him. The familiarity he may gain of the Offensive System on the PS will help him if he needs to fill in for Norris this year or replace him next year.

G Brian de la Puente
- It may not be ideal to have a PS OL player when you have 10 OL players on the 53 man roster, but de la Puente may be a legitimate replacement for Baas as a backup OG in 2011. He's got talent, and I hope the 49ers retain him to assist in continuity.

TE Joe Jon Finley
- If one of our TEs go down, it would be nice to have Finley available on hand to fill in. Very important position in our offense.

WR Bobby Guillory

QB Jarrett Brown
- PS players don't always remain at their normal positions. Brown can be tried out at WR and RB with his athletic set.

DT Khalif Mitchell
- No brainer choice here for the PS. If Franklin doesn't get resigned, Mitchell would be the natural backup to RJF at NT.

DT Will Tukuafu

LB Bruce Davis

Nice, I like it & agree

Guillory...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Will Tukuafu - He should be next in line in case of injury.
Bruce Davis - Just like Tukuafu, gotta get this guy on the roster somehow.
Khalif Mitchell - He shined at times, but not enough, he'll probably make it next year.
Shane Andrus - Time is now to develop a kicker. Looked more and more comfortable as the weeks went by.
Jehuu Caulcrick - Moran Norris replacement, I think so.

The last few spots I'd scan the waiver wire.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tohara3:
8 Player PS:

FB Jehuu Caulcric

G Brian de la Puente

TE Joe Jon Finley

WR Bobby Guillory

QB Jarrett Brown

DT Khalif Mitchell

DT Will Tukuafu

LB Bruce Davis

Nice, I like it & agree

Guillory...

No way in hell Guillory makes practice squad, dude fumbled a punt, bobbled another, dropped some passes, no way he makes it. catching punts on 1 yard line too.
[ Edited by Jamespowers on Sep 4, 2010 at 9:54 AM ]
8 Player PS:

FB Jehuu Caulcric

G Brian de la Puente

TE Joe Jon Finley

WR Bobby Guillory

QB Jarrett Brown

DT Khalif Mitchell

DT Will Tukuafu

LB Bruce Davis

This would be an okay PS, but I'd like to see them keep S Chris Maragos. Tukuafu seems a bit small for a DL, I don't think Finley's ever going to make it, and I'm not impressed with Guillory.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
8 Player PS: Tukuafu seems a bit small for a DL
He was listed as 6-4 and 272-pounds. That's good size for DE. However, if he's put on the PS he'd have a year to put on 15 or 20 lbs of muscle, like Briggs did.
[ Edited by davidb on Sep 5, 2010 at 9:39 AM ]
MaioccoCSN

49ers plan to keep DL Will Tukuafu (Oregon) over Khalif Mitchell (E.Carlolina) on practice squad, sources say. Signings begin Sunday, 9 a.m.
Share 49ersWebzone