LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Post Your Practice Squad Predictions Here!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Practice Squad Guess:
FB Brit Miller
DT Will Tukuafu
OLB Bruce Davis
DT Khalif Mitchell
QB Jarrett Brown
OG Brian de la Puente
OT Matt Kopa
WR Kevin Jurovich

Though it's possible S Chris Maragos may steal a spot from somebody.

Misses:

- Caulcrick over Miller.
- Kristick over Mitchell.
- (Half a miss since I said Maragos could make it ) with Maragos over de la Puente.

I didn't think Davis was eligible for PS so I didn't have him on my list, but I'm glad he made it. We need all the pass rushers we can get our hands on.

I'm was expecting Caulcrick over Miller at FB because Caulcrick was the only one of the two getting carries.

It looks like De La Puenta and Mitchell were locks for PS just like Robinson was a lock for the regular season roster. Things are a-changin' with Balke and Singletary in charge. For the better I might add.
[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Sep 5, 2010 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Pick your eight from the eligible guys who were cut:

My 8:
1) LB Mike Balogun - OLB Davis takes his place
2) QB Jarrett Brown
3) G Brian de la Puente - T Kopa more of a need?
4) FB Jehuu Caulcrick
5) LB Keaton Kristick
6) S Chris Maragos
7) DT Khalif Mitchell - Tukuafu shows potential so PR/KR Jurovich gets his spot.
8) DT Will Tukuafu

5 of 8 for me, though I would have selected Davis over Balogun if I had known he was eligible.
Am I the only person who thinks that there is really no reason for Brown to be on the PS?

Supposedly he hasn't made throw in preseason and I can't see him getting in on any action in the future either. I think that spot might have better gone to someone else.

Someone enlighten me?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Am I the only person who thinks that there is really no reason for Brown to be on the PS?

Supposedly he hasn't made throw in preseason and I can't see him getting in on any action in the future either. I think that spot might have better gone to someone else.

Someone enlighten me?

-9fA

the only thing I can think of is to motivate Nate Davis
of the 8 I think Bruce Davis and Will Tukuafu have the best shot for this yr of being called up from the p-squad.

Caulcrick for the future is our FB IMO, and we better bring him up if someone wants him.

Depending on how the season goes.

I would make these roster moves later in the season.

Cut Evans, Cut Brock, Cut James

Promote Tuku, Promote Caulcrick and Promote Davis
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Someone enlighten me?

-9fA

From Matt Barrows:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/niners-practice-2.html

"QB Jarrett Brown: The 49ers are intrigued by his strong arm and his athleticism. They have all sorts of question marks at quarterback heading into 2011 and felt that Brown was worth keeping around. You also have to wonder whether Mike Singletary's tough-love message to Nate Davis in recent weeks also was directed at Brown. Brown made an impressive tackle on a kick-return against the Raiders and is the team's most physically gifted quarterback. In that way, the 49ers will get a lot of bang for their practice-squad buck from Brown."

I know he only got a few plays in during the last pre-season game, but he showed a lot of athleticism in those few plays. Can't wait to see how he looks next year.
[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Sep 5, 2010 at 7:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone