LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

The Best All-Time 49er Defensive Player?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Best All-Time 49er Defensive Player?

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Not the best, but very underrated: Don Griffen and Tim Mckyer

Greatly underrated, IMO... They were badazz...

Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by Chief:
If I forgot someone you think is the best please vote other and let me know. I left out Deion Sanders because he was only with us for one year and I never considered him a 49er.

Reason for this thread? I am bored..

Leo Nomellini is the best DT in league history...an all time type talent. The next best Niner defender is Ronnie Lott(in my opinion he's a top three alltime DB), with Sir Cedrick Hardman coming in third, and Charles Haley fourth.

Agree on Nomellini and Lott. I believe Willis is next just in the short time being a Niner. Then it would have to be BY. After that, Haley, Hardman, and Wilcox.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by Chief:
If I forgot someone you think is the best please vote other and let me know. I left out Deion Sanders because he was only with us for one year and I never considered him a 49er.

Reason for this thread? I am bored..

Leo Nomellini is the best DT in league history...an all time type talent. The next best Niner defender is Ronnie Lott(in my opinion he's a top three alltime DB), with Sir Cedrick Hardman coming in third, and Charles Haley fourth.

Nomellini is one of the best. But as far as THE best in league history, I would personally have Greene, Lilly and Olsen ahead of him, and honestly I don't think I would enter Leo into that conversation.
Lott IMO is the greatest safety to have ever played. At the least I think he would be no lower than number 3 on anyone's all-time safety list. i.e. I think Lott is more justified than Nomellini in discussions about best-ever at respective positions.
Share 49ersWebzone