LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

The Best All-Time 49er Defensive Player?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Best All-Time 49er Defensive Player?

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
How many years would P. Willy have to play at the level he is currently playing at before he surpasses Lott??

he's already at that level, the difference is the rings
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
You left out a bunch of old timers:

Jimmy Johnson CB
Dave Wilcox LB
Leo Nomellini DT

Gotta give credit where credit is due.....

agreed. since we're talkin "all-time" they're included with the p.willis group. but without question lott led the defense thru the sb era.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by craigyboy:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
You left out a bunch of old timers:

Jimmy Johnson CB
Dave Wilcox LB
Leo Nomellini DT

Gotta give credit where credit is due.....

agreed. since we're talkin "all-time" they're included with the p.willis group. but without question lott led the defense thru the sb era.

Yah, Leo for sure... my bad. I knew I would forget some.
Tony Parrish
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Figured #42 would run away with this, that is who I took.
Lott first. Am a little disappointed that Fuller hasn't got a mention yet
Originally posted by m04607:
Easily Lott....the dude cut off part of his finger for God's sake.

that makes him a great player
Originally posted by crabman82:
only played 1 year, but i'm going with dieon, when u have a year like he did in 94, u dont need any additional seasons to be in the discussion

i agree...not saying hes better than ronnie lott, but he should be mentioned.........aside from prolly lott and lawrence taylor, deion is the best defensive player ever to play
Could actually put together an all-time 49er defense with potentially 8 hall of famers.

DE: Fred Dean, Charles Haley
DT: Leo Nomellini, Bryant Young
MLB: Patrick Willis
OLB: Dave Wilcox
CB: Jimmy Johnson
S: Ronnie Lott
Lott right now but Willis when it's all said and done.

Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Tony Parrish

Doesn't even come close to meriting consideration for the list, let alone the ALL TIME Best
Ronnie Lott is the type of player where grounds crews hated him after games because they'd be cleaning various bodily functions, body parts, and even the dignity of certain NFL players from the field.

Feces? Yes. Ronnie Lott literally knocked the sh!t right out of dudes. Piss too.
You won't find this is injury reports, but nine NFL receivers actually had their dicks knocked clean off. Tragic, but true. Their lives changed forever so that Lott's legacy could be what it is today.

If I could clone Bryant Youngs for our Dline, Patrick Willis' for our LBackers, and Mr. Lotts for our DBackfield, I don't think I'd even need CBs on that team.
  • joe58
  • Veteran
Lott, hands down. B.Y. should get honorable mention, along with Cedric Hardman from the 70's. Another beast.
It would have to be Ronnie Lott because he was so very dominating for so long. I can only hope that Willis continues to be as productive as Ronnie was.
  • gaz1
  • Veteran
Bryant young this dude had so much heart hes also my fav player
Share 49ersWebzone