There are 188 users in the forums

Ron Jaworski comments on Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Ron Jaworski tells KNBR radio: "I see the 49ers as a playoff team. Alex has clearly gotten better."

Jaws has always been known as one of Alex Smith's biggest critics!

I wanna here this for myself.....

Ron Jaworski on KNBR (audio)
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I gotta agree with him. My only concern with Smith is his deep ball. Can he throw it accurately?

I thought that has always been his strong point, correct me if im wrong but i thought the knock on him was his accuracy on the short throws not on the long

Thats whats bothered me too. If anything Norv said when he was our OC that Alex had one of the best deep balls he'd ever seen. But u know what now that i think about it, it's more zoners, talkin about how he doesnt have the deep ball. Not anyone in the organization.

Damn zoners f**king my head up too. lol
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Aug 30, 2010 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I gotta agree with him. My only concern with Smith is his deep ball. Can he throw it accurately?

I thought that has always been his strong point, correct me if im wrong but i thought the knock on him was his accuracy on the short throws not on the long

Thats whats bothered me too. If anything Norv said when he was our OC that Alex had one of the best deep balls he'd ever seen. But u know what now that i think about it, it's more zoners, talkin about how he doesnt have the deep ball. Not anyone in the organization.

My concern is that he NEVER goes deep. Or at least it seems that way.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I agree, it's not that he doesn't have the deep ball, he just doesn't throw them very often, so it makes you think he doesn't have it.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

in practice we can but in games we have to wait no way ginn can beat a number 1 CB but he should be able to beat those number 3 corners just fine

ginn beat revis once or twice on a monday night football game last yr
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MSteitz468:

I agree, it's not that he doesn't have the deep ball, he just doesn't throw them very often, so it makes you think he doesn't have it.

I think Ted Ginn will change that
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:

I think Ted Ginn will change that

Well that IS one of the reasons we brought him in.

But how much is on Jimmy Raye and Singletary? Jimmy Raye may be holding Alex back a little.
Originally posted by susweel:

Somebody GOT TO the Polish Prince! Oh Noez!!1!

"I think the 49ers offense has a chance to be outstanding"

I like hearin hat

Some of Smiths deep passes last season were off. This is why people question his accuracy.

I can remember some instances where the receivers had to wait for the ball. If alex led them a bit more those would have been easy completions and TDs. (Crabtree in lions and rams game..vernon in jaguars game).

He can hit them deep as well, but Smith just needs to be consistent
Jaws has some credibility, he played the position and went to a Super Bowl. He speaks technique, which few analysts address. The thing that I've noticed about Alex is that he's stepping up in the pocket and doesn't show the happy feet when the defense is coming in. He has multiple weapons and is primed for success.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:

Somebody GOT TO the Polish Prince! Oh Noez!!1!

OH YEAH!!!
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Some of Smiths deep passes last season were off. This is why people question his accuracy.

I can remember some instances where the receivers had to wait for the ball. If alex led them a bit more those would have been easy completions and TDs. (Crabtree in lions and rams game..vernon in jaguars game).

He can hit them deep as well, but Smith just needs to be consistent

the only one i really remember was when he underthrew crabtree against the lions, but then again Crabs still came back for it and made the catch. I'm sure there were other miss throws but that is the only one I can remember. I recall lots that he made
Share 49ersWebzone