There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Put Nate Davis on the practice squad

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
These Nate Davis supporters are funny. Even suggesting that Nate Davis be put on the practice squad is causing their heads to explode. Maybe instead of just calling me crazy or stupid, you can instead give a reasoned response on why it would be a bad idea?

Here is an example of what I think would be a great response to such a question:

Premise: Put Alex Smith on the practice squad (No I am not proposing this, just giving it as an example)
Response: As a former first overall pick, some team is likely to grab Alex from the practice squad just to see if a change of environment would enable him to succeed (see David Carr as an example). Alex Smith is very smart and could pick up another team's playbook quickly, making him an attractive option for a team lacking QB depth. Alex Smith has shown that he can win games as a starting QB. Alex Smith is not practice squad eligible.

I'd put Davis on the PS just for wearing those double sided leg pads. Horrrible looking.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Aug 30, 2010 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by Thrash88:
meh if anything put the Brown kid on the practice squad he might develop into a better qb then Davis anyways.

Can't we just refer to the QBs by their numbers? That seems a little insensitive:)

LOL I ment the kid with the last name Brown...my bad I can't remember his name maybe Jarret?
wait for the...but that 65 yard pass was amazing man he's the best qb EVERZ!!! take away that 65 yard pass(which was BEAUTIFUL & I LOVED IT) and he has a horrible day playing qb.

Yes the 65 yarded was awesome but it has little to do with it. Davis made the team click, he looked sharp and showed promise... A promise that Smith has never shown. This Davis situation is just a (anti)marketing strategy - and it's amazing how well it works on people.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
save a roster spot for someone else to help out what like help the other 7 inactive players hand out water that day
Originally posted by Dirty9er:
wait for the...but that 65 yard pass was amazing man he's the best qb EVERZ!!! take away that 65 yard pass(which was BEAUTIFUL & I LOVED IT) and he has a horrible day playing qb.

Yes the 65 yarded was awesome but it has little to do with it. Davis made the team click, he looked sharp and showed promise... A promise that Smith has never shown. This Davis situation is just a (anti)marketing strategy - and it's amazing how well it works on people.

Clicking against backups.....
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
What if Smith had the same exact performance as Nate did in Game 2? People here would be doing circle jerks over the 65 yard pass and be making excuses for the dropped and missed passes and saying the reason he came up short for the QB run was to protect himself from needless injury in the preseason.
Originally posted by Shaj:
What if Smith had the same exact performance as Nate did in Game 2? People here would be doing circle jerks over the 65 yard pass and be making excuses for the dropped and missed passes and saying the reason he came up short for the QB run was to protect himself from needless injury in the preseason.

Wrong. I would criticize his play for only having 1 good pass and looking terrible on all of the other plays, not knowing how to call an audible, against 2nd stringers at that.

So once again, this is apples and oranges.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Clicking against backups.....

He's the next Steve McNair, no way we should get rid of him.
Originally posted by TheAcpHater:

Wrong. I would criticize his play for only having 1 good pass and looking terrible on all of the other plays, not knowing how to call an audible, against 2nd stringers at that.

But he didn't look bad on the other plays he looked damn good... I was with a lot of people that night, some 9er fans most not and everyone was like who is that kid he "looks" great and that was before and after the 65 yarded!!! He was sharp! And while he had some young guy moments - WTF dude, he IS a young guy!!!!
  • Mex49
Nate Davis would be starting in Arizona on opening day.

More coffee guy
Originally posted by TheAcpHater:

But he didn't look bad on the other plays he looked damn good... I was with a lot of people that night, some 9er fans most not and everyone was like who is that kid he "looks" great and that was before and after the 65 yarded!!! He was sharp! And while he had some young guy moments - WTF dude, he IS a young guy!!!!

Oh boy. Looks like I have been thwarted. Some 9er fans at the game thought he looked "great"! They must make Durty9er right!

That 43.8 completion PCT and 68.0 QB rating with the deer in the headlights look all night was just superb! Must have missed something!

You wouldn't! Shaj. You would be ignoring the 65 yarded and beefing about the rest! You know you would!

Good job none of our opinions count for a damn!
Someone needs to remind me to ignore NT during the preseason...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I would rather see Nate Davis in there with 25% of the play book, than David Carr knowing the whole thing in his sleep. You can always limit the range of play calling to suit the qb. I doubt they were calling any streak patterns when Shaun Hill was in.
Ninertalk has convinced me. We need to cut Smith and Carr and put Davis on the PS.

Sorted.