There are 292 users in the forums

Put Nate Davis on the practice squad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BobS:
You can always limit the range of play calling to suit the qb. I doubt they were calling any streak patterns when Shaun Hill was in.

That's what they tried with Cody Pickett. How did that turn out?
Originally posted by TheAcpHater:
Originally posted by Dirty9er:
Originally posted by Shaj:
What if Smith had the same exact performance as Nate did in Game 2? People here would be doing circle jerks over the 65 yard pass and be making excuses for the dropped and missed passes and saying the reason he came up short for the QB run was to protect himself from needless injury in the preseason.

Wrong. I would criticize his play for only having 1 good pass and looking terrible on all of the other plays, not knowing how to call an audible, against 2nd stringers at that.

So once again, this is apples and oranges.

But he didn't look bad on the other plays he looked damn good... I was with a lot of people that night, some 9er fans most not and everyone was like who is that kid he "looks" great and that was before and after the 65 yarded!!! He was sharp! And while he had some young guy moments - WTF dude, he IS a young guy!!!!

Oh boy. Looks like I have been thwarted. Some 9er fans at the game thought he looked "great"! They must make Durty9er right!

That 43.8 completion PCT and 68.0 QB rating with the deer in the headlights look all night was just superb! Must have missed something!

Now you are just being silly - the only person on the roster who looks like a deer in headlights is the one they call "the lion" Alex Smith! Oh and if we are talking stats? How about putting in tons of "supposed" hard work and coming out with a 3/9 0TD 1INT 7.4% QB rating. Yeah, our savior Alex "he still sucks" Smith.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Come on man... if you have read these forums you would know anybody placed on a team's practice squad can be signed by another team as long as they are placed on the 53 man roster. If we do that he is GONE.

People said the same thing about Thomas Clayton
What if Smith had the same exact performance as Nate did in Game 2? People here would be doing circle jerks over the 65 yard pass and be making excuses for the dropped and missed passes and saying the reason he came up short for the QB run was to protect himself from needless injury in the preseason.

Wrong. I would criticize his play for only having 1 good pass and looking terrible on all of the other plays, not knowing how to call an audible, against 2nd stringers at that.

But he didn't look bad on the other plays he looked damn good... I was with a lot of people that night, some 9er fans most not and everyone was like who is that kid he "looks" great and that was before and after the 65 yarded!!! He was sharp! And while he had some young guy moments - WTF dude, he IS a young guy!!!!

Oh boy. Looks like I have been thwarted. Some 9er fans at the game thought he looked "great"! They must make Durty9er right!

That 43.8 completion PCT and 68.0 QB rating with the deer in the headlights look all night was just superb! Must have missed something!

Now you are just being silly - the only person on the roster who looks like a deer in headlights is the one they call "the lion" Alex Smith! Oh and if we are talking stats? How about putting in tons of "supposed" hard work and coming out with a 3/9 0TD 1INT 7.4% QB rating. Yeah, our savior Alex "he still sucks" Smith.

Uh no. Anyone with a brain would tell you Smith looks far superior in terms of running the offense and making good decisions and being comfortable with the offense. Davis makes all of his plays on instinct, which is why there's the inconsistency factor with him, one play he looks like Brett Favre, and the next he looks like Jeff George.

He had 1 good play and that's it. No excuses, own up.

As for bringing up a completely different game with Smith's stats to defend Nate's game against Minnesota, believe me I get it. You have to spin and crawl to get any leg up you can in this argument, regardless if it is irrelevant when discussing the Minnesota game. Good work, once again, by the ACP.
Davis posted the highest QB rating of all 3 49ers QBs in the preseason.....

Just saying. (go to NFL.com if you don't believe me, Id post a link but I want the morons to use the interweb)

As for his "poor" week 2 performance (if you want to call it that). Davis led 2 scoring drives from his own 12 and 3 yd line.

Keep believing that Singletary criticism crap.......Why would Singletary be so critical about the semi-mentally retarded 3rd string QB, if he had faith in Carr? Or why are his expectations so high for Davis if he has no talent (according to Naterz)?
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Just saying. (go to NFL.com if you don't believe me, Id post a link but I want the morons to use the interweb)

As for his "poor" week 2 performance (if you want to call it that). Davis led 2 scoring drives from his own 12 and 3 yd line.

Keep believing that Singletary criticism crap.......Why would Singletary be so critical about the semi-mentally retarded 3rd string QB, if he had faith in Carr? Or why are his expectations so high for Davis if he has no talent (according to Naterz)?

Right, which was padded on the 1st game against a weak indy pass defense and 2nd stringers at that. Davis had the better week 1, there's no denying that.

But when Week 2 rolls around, and Smith looks pretty dang good against a tough Minnesota Defense, while Nate looked terrible against that team's 2nd stringers, the edge automatically goes to Smith.

And again, in week 3, facing an underrated Raider pass defense, Smith plays great without his 2 Main targets, and Davis can't get on the field because he showed Singletary and Raye in Week 2 that he has no idea what he is doing out there.

So you tell me who has had the better preseason thus far.
[ Edited by TheAcpHater on Aug 30, 2010 at 8:50 AM ]
  • joe58
  • Veteran
Nate is good enough for the practice squad for the time being, but that's about it. Good call.
Haha.

Somehow this thread is yet another Alex thread.
Here's a better idea...keep Nate as the #3 QB and put Jarret Brown on the PS. JB's not likely to be picked off by another team.

Uh no. Anyone with a brain would tell you Smith looks far superior in terms of running the offense and making good decisions and being comfortable with the offense. Davis makes all of his plays on instinct, which is why there's the inconsistency factor with him, one play he looks like Brett Favre, and the next he looks like Jeff George.

He had 1 good play and that's it. No excuses, own up.

As for bringing up a completely different game with Smith's stats to defend Nate's game against Minnesota, believe me I get it. You have to spin and crawl to get any leg up you can in this argument, regardless if it is irrelevant when discussing the Minnesota game. Good work, once again, by the ACP.

You sir are a liar... He did not have just one good play. Go back and watch the game - if you ever did!?! And you will find yourself to be a liar too

And did Smith suck or not in his debut? Yes he super sucked even with all that "supposed" off season work...
Lastly Instincts are usually all young players have - then they are taught fundamentals. Smith had no fundamentals and still has no instincts. The fact is Davis is better than Smith! No spin required I'm just smarter than you!

Originally posted by fryet:
This is assuming he is still eligible (I don't know what the rules are). After a full season of work, he still doesn't know the entire playbook. Singletary publicly gave a poor assessment of his play. I don't think any other team would put him on their 53 man roster, knowing that he won't be able to play for them at all in 2010.

By doing so, it will allow the 49ers to keep another player around that is more likely to contribute to the 2010 season like Curtis Taylor.

Wow - I do hope you are kidding.
I wish the webzone had a practice squad to put you on....

4 Reals get this guy in the PS

REAL TALK!!!!

this guy swears that another team wont swoop him up with the quickness

& he forgets that we need 3 qb's on the team Jarrett Brown WILL NOT MAKE THE TEAM I GUARANTEE IT!!!!
C'mon guys. Just because Sing fooled the media doesnt mean you have to be fooled. verybody loves Nate. the kid did great on his last outing, not statistically but they learned enough to know he wont be # 2 this year but he will be # 1 in the future.
Sing nipped any controversy in the bud and humbled everyone in the room. The press that follows our team are nothing but rehashers or brown-nosers. So, what Sing says, goes.
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Right, which was padded on the 1st game against a weak indy pass defense and 2nd stringers at that. Davis had the better week 1, there's no denying that.

But when Week 2 rolls around, and Smith looks pretty dang good against a tough Minnesota Defense, while Nate looked terrible against that team's 2nd stringers, the edge automatically goes to Smith.

And again, in week 3, facing an underrated Raider pass defense, Smith plays great without his 2 Main targets, and Davis can't get on the field because he showed Singletary and Raye in Week 2 that he has no idea what he is doing out there.

So you tell me who has had the better preseason thus far.

You know Alex and Nate are not competing right?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by fryet:
This is assuming he is still eligible (I don't know what the rules are). After a full season of work, he still doesn't know the entire playbook. Singletary publicly gave a poor assessment of his play. I don't think any other team would put him on their 53 man roster, knowing that he won't be able to play for them at all in 2010.

By doing so, it will allow the 49ers to keep another player around that is more likely to contribute to the 2010 season like Curtis Taylor.

Wow - I do hope you are kidding.
I wish the webzone had a practice squad to put you on....

4 Reals get this guy in the PS

REAL TALK!!!!

this guy swears that another team wont swoop him up with the quickness

& he forgets that we need 3 qb's on the team Jarrett Brown WILL NOT MAKE THE TEAM I GUARANTEE IT!!!!

who the hell is that?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
The worst part is that you are suggesting we put Davis on the practice squad for Curtis Taylor. What has he ever done?

Curtis Taylor has played solid at safety this year from what I have heard. There is just a lot of competition at the safety spot. But next year, it is quite conceivable that neither Goldson nor Lewis will be with the team, at which point having Taylor would be an asset for the 49ers.

Since teams know that the 49ers are stacked at safety, I can easily see a team grabbing him from the practice squad, and he could conceivably help a team on their 53 man roster.
Share 49ersWebzone