There are 181 users in the forums

Put Nate Davis on the practice squad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
From Mike Sando

Comment: The pecking order is set. The key question is whether the 49ers will stick with Davis after coach Mike Singletary publicly criticized the quarterback's offseason work habits. Singletary's comments were strong. Davis should be nervous. There's no excuse for a third-string player with a learning disability to fall short on effort/preparation. Seems to me the 49ers could use his roster spot for a player better prepared to help the team. They could probably always sign Davis to their practice squad. I wouldn't expect another team to add him to its 53-man roster.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/22366/post-camp-roster-analysis-49ers

Sando is a puppet...
he wont make it to our practice squad
Originally posted by fly15:
From Mike Sando

Comment: The pecking order is set. The key question is whether the 49ers will stick with Davis after coach Mike Singletary publicly criticized the quarterback's offseason work habits. Singletary's comments were strong. Davis should be nervous. There's no excuse for a third-string player with a learning disability to fall short on effort/preparation. Seems to me the 49ers could use his roster spot for a player better prepared to help the team. They could probably always sign Davis to their practice squad. I wouldn't expect another team to add him to its 53-man roster.

Sando is a pathetic puppet with ruber band strings...

fixed
Originally posted by jreff22:
From Mike Sando

Maybe we pick up a qb that is cut elsewhere
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ttime1:
From Mike Sando

fixed

Thanks
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Anyone still think another team would grab Nate Davis off the practice squad?
Originally posted by fryet:
Anyone still think another team would grab Nate Davis off the practice squad?

Only if they are really desperate. His play last night confirmed that he is not ready for the NFL. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs their head examined. I hope they do not cut him, but if he cannot play any better than he did last night, there really isn't a point in keeping him around.
I doubt anyone will want him, if he can't learn the offense in 2 years, then either the dyslexia is an issue or he just didn't try hard enough. Doesn't matter which reason it is, teams just want to see results.

Seattle might give him a shot since McCloughan drafted him, but they have so many depth issues this year that they may not want to carry 3 QBs.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I think it will be tough for another team to put what is obviously a developmental player on their 53 man roster. I do think the 49ers should put him on the practice squad, so they can elevate him if one of their QBs gets injured, but he doesn't seem to give the 49ers that much by being on the 49er's 53 man roster.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I agree, Nate Davis is ass and will never be a good NFL QB.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Plus, he wears those reverse leg pads. I'd cut him just for that.
Originally posted by ttime1:
From Mike Sando

fixed

Thanks

Thats Fly
We can dog pile on Nate Davis all we want for his lack of work ethic, but his natural skills and past successes cannot be denied. He will be gone in an instant if the 9ers try to put him on the practice squad. Our hot and cold emotions with respect to his performance show how fickle we are as fans.
Nate Davis played nearly three quarters of tonight's 17-14 preseason win. But when it was over, he didn't have a roster spot sewn up. Far from it. "That's a question mark," Mike Singletary said of whether Davis will make the 53-man squad. "It will be a topic of conversation tomorrow."

David Carr started the game before giving way to Davis in the second quarter. Davis finished the game 11 of 22 for 103 yards and a 40.5 passer rating. He had a short touchdown pass to fullback Jehuu Caulcrick and was intercepted twice, though one of them was bobbled by tight end Nate Byham.

Said Davis after the game: "It's all up to him. I've just got to, you know, hope he keeps me on the roster. If not I've got to move on. ... If he doesn't keep me, I've got to find a new team."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/singletary-nate.html#ixzz0yTdQVrcN
Originally posted by joebbadass:
We can dog pile on Nate Davis all we want for his lack of work ethic, but his natural skills and past successes cannot be denied. He will be gone in an instant if the 9ers try to put him on the practice squad. Our hot and cold emotions with respect to his performance show how fickle we are as fans.

or he was over hyped to begin with and when he saw better competition (2nd stringers) he wasn't able to ball on them.
Share 49ersWebzone