There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Put Nate Davis on the practice squad

he would get snatched i think. but like some have said. alex learned most of the systems, enough to atleast function even when it was changed on him every year. this dude was in the same offense two years and hes still lost and having to improv all day. his tools are worth developing but he needs to get a better work ethic if hes gonna stick around on singletarys team.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,215
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Put Nate Davis on the learning program. He had 2 years in the same system and 2 years with the same coordinator and he doesn't know the plays... They changed the plays and coordinator on Alex every year and he always knew the plays.

  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Put Nate Davis on the learning program. He had 2 years in the same system and 2 years with the same coordinator and he doesn't know the plays... They changed the plays and coordinator on Alex every year and he always knew the plays.


that's fly
I think too many of our fans have become accustomed to quarterbacks who are frightened of the pocket. They think running out of a pocket is a good thing.

Carr is playing great to them, he runs out of the pocket at the first hint of a shadow looming within 10ft of him. This is good quarterback play to the new generation of 49er fans. They are probably too young to remember what a quarterback who stays in the pocket, makes the throw, and takes the hit looks like.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,814
Thank you to the posters who gave a reasoned response to my suggestion. Many of you said, that it would be a bad idea, because Nate would be grabbed from the practice squad, because A. he threw a 60 yard bomb, and B. he is a very talented player.

I think the majority of the posters, though, had an argument that was basically "You are stupid. No one should listen to you." In debate terms, that is called an ad-hominem attack - basically a weak defense for your point of view. If I may make a suggestion to those who used the attack - make a promise to yourself that you will never call somebody stupid (or say it in another way) in a debate. Force yourself to either lose the argument, or develop a better defense on why you believe the person is wrong.
MRob > Nate.
Mrob = Zak Keasey
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,215
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Put Nate Davis on the learning program. He had 2 years in the same system and 2 years with the same coordinator and he doesn't know the plays... They changed the plays and coordinator on Alex every year and he always knew the plays.


that's fly

Nate would be a good fit with da raidahs. Wonder what he'd be worth in a trade?
how about we make him our 2nd string since carr is horrible
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
he would get snatched i think. but like some have said. alex learned most of the systems, enough to atleast function even when it was changed on him every year. this dude was in the same offense two years and hes still lost and having to improv all day. his tools are worth developing but he needs to get a better work ethic if hes gonna stick around on singletarys team.

Totally untrue. Alex did not know the playbook last year which is the reason why he often rolled right. It is the reason why his college coach said that it would take time for Alex to grasp the playbook and become completely functional.

The double standard here is rediculous as Alex's challenges to learn the playbook is very well doccumented. Moreover, Davis has had very little time actually playing qb as he spent the majority of his time being a DB during practice. Never the less, it amazes me that some folks will make a quantum leap to conclude that he does not know any plays.
Originally posted by fryet:
This is assuming he is still eligible (I don't know what the rules are). After a full season of work, he still doesn't know the entire playbook. Singletary publicly gave a poor assessment of his play. I don't think any other team would put him on their 53 man roster, knowing that he won't be able to play for them at all in 2010.

By doing so, it will allow the 49ers to keep another player around that is more likely to contribute to the 2010 season like Curtis Taylor.

[neutral
Originally posted by fryet:
Thank you to the posters who gave a reasoned response to my suggestion. Many of you said, that it would be a bad idea, because Nate would be grabbed from the practice squad, because A. he threw a 60 yard bomb, and B. he is a very talented player.

I think the majority of the posters, though, had an argument that was basically "You are stupid. No one should listen to you." In debate terms, that is called an ad-hominem attack - basically a weak defense for your point of view. If I may make a suggestion to those who used the attack - make a promise to yourself that you will never call somebody stupid (or say it in another way) in a debate. Force yourself to either lose the argument, or develop a better defense on why you believe the person is wrong.

OK. Real simple. Nate is the most talented QB on the team and you do not build championship teams by allowing talent to leave.
Originally posted by English:
Ninertalk has convinced me. We need to cut Smith and Carr and put Davis on the PS.

Sorted.

Actually Ninertalk should have convinced you that we need to trade Smith, Carr, Nate Davis, and Patrick Willis to get either Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,215
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Nate would be a good fit with da raidahs. Wonder what he'd be worth in a trade?

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home