Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by znk916:

Sure it looked like a good hit, but if you look closely, Ellis is running full speed and is off balanced. Alex hits him pretty good, but it looked a lot better than it really was, considering Ellis was blindsided and didn't see it coming. Any QB could've made that hit.

Well then gtfo a niner fan site if all your gonna do is try to discredit and hate on our players. a good hit is a good hit even if he was "off balanced"

"Alex hits him pretty good,"

I'm not hating on anyone. This thread is about ranking our hardest hitters. If you think Alex Smith belongs in the hardest hitters catagory, than that's your opinion.

If someone is running their full speed and someone else blindsides them, like Alex Smith did, it doesn't take much force to knock someone off their feet. I don't think Alex would want to be in the "Nutcracker" with Greg Ellis, where they would be face to face and have to go head on. It looked like a bigger hit than it really was. That's all I'm saying. So take a chill pill dude.

I'm not saying he's our hardest hitter in any way. I'm just saying why try and discredit him if your a fan?

How is being realistic trying to discredit him? Being a "fan" doesn't mean you have to be delusional. If someone said that Alex Smith was a top 5 QB, I'd disagree with that too - and I've been a 49ers fan for about 25 years.

Thanks. I've been a diehard fan myself for about 15 years. To be honest, I've been up and down with my support for Alex Smith as our franchise QB. Did he make a nice hit, sure. Did it look better than it really was? In my opinion yes. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That does not make me any less of a fan than you or anyone else on the zone. Not all fans are delusional.

Oh I understand that not all fans are delusional. Go back and look at the original post I was commenting on. Saying "GTFO if you want to discredit Smith or hate on him" - just because the guy said the hit looked worse than it was? Implying that you are not a fan if you have even the slightest hint of a negative thought about the team or ANY players on it (which means all of us Mark Roman fans need to GTFO out too, right). My post was just pointing out that was a pretty unrealistic and uncalled for comment.

ok if he makes a bad play and is called out on it there is no problem ok. mark roman played bad he was called out on it ok. alex has played bad for alot of his carer and has been called out on it ok. but i mean why can't we leave it at "it was a good hit" and let it be. i mean why do you need to try to make the play less? I am not saying you can't be a fan and get tired of bad play and dislike a player. I'm just saying let a good play be. why would you want to make it less if it was made by a player on the team you like? I am obviously a very passionate niner fan and i am going to be defensive over every player in a niner uniform.
I love the hit, but A. Smith is not a "Im a lay you out any day of the week" type of player.
How the f**k did this become a thread about Alex Smith?!
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
How the f**k did this become a thread about Alex Smith?!

Share 49ersWebzone