LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

All Eyes On Nate Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Davis may be a great no 2 this year, barring injury.

It should be collectively noted tho, that for this year, and this year only 2010. If Davis or Carr see the regular season then our season is done, point blank. and it doesnt matter if anyone likes smith or not.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I think Davis may be a great no 2 this year, barring injury.

It should be collectively noted tho, that for this year, and this year only 2010. If Davis or Carr see the regular season then our season is done, point blank. and it doesnt matter if anyone likes smith or not.

You'll never know Davis or Carr could pull a Kurt Warner or our defense could pull a Baltimore Ravens.
All this Nate Davis stuff is turning into another Cody Pickett situation with everyone around here, FACE IT, if Alex fails, this season fails, we DO NOT have a starting caliber NFL QB behind the guy you all question, if he sucks, the back-up's REALLY suck
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I wish him well. The only way he'll get experience is to play and not ride the pine. The pre-season games will shine a light on his talents and short-comings. From what little I've seen of him, he can deliver the ball better than anyone we currently have. But there is much more to being a QB than the ability to throw. Jamarcus Russell could throw 60 yards on his knees - but couldn't complete. Vick can run and throw well but is not a top QB otherwise Kolb wouldn't be starting.

I hope Davis shines like the sun and takes a big step forward. I support Alex but this is it! Make or break time. He either does it or he doesn't. And if he doesn't, it would be great to have someone ready to step in and take over - with out waiting a year to draft another prospect.

Jamarcus can throw, but couldn't see the receiver and hit it if it was the side of the barn. Vick thinks run first, his pass may have velocity, but doesn't hit his targets.

Davis has velocity and hits his target as Raye says. I think Davis's inate ability to see and react with accuracy thus far is far better than anyone. Now we will see if he can still do it against players who will give him less of a window.
Originally posted by jeremy300:
All this Nate Davis stuff is turning into another Cody Pickett situation with everyone around here, FACE IT, if Alex fails, this season fails, we DO NOT have a starting caliber NFL QB behind the guy you all question, if he sucks, the back-up's REALLY suck

Tell that to Kurt Warner during his first season in the league, or when Tom Brady took over for Bledsoe.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:
I'm starting to think this move is more to find out what Nate isn't rather than what he is. From Nate's comments, he seems to be thinking of himself as a gameday QB over a practice player due to his "success" in preseason. This move will probably bring him back to focus on learning the system rather than thinking he can wing it once the game begins.

They know he hasn't mastered enough plays to garner any serious thought yet.

Raye's playing Dr. Evil in order to crush these murmurings he is probably hearing about Nate.

Been looking and I can't find anything where Nate is talking in any way that would make a coach feel the need to bring him back down to earth. Do you have a link? In fact, the local paper in Indy actually had an online article speculating about whether the Colts would be better off if the 49ers had passed on Davis and the Colts picked him in the sixth instead of Painter. The author even asked Davis what he thought about that scenario and his answer was simply that he is happy he is with the 49ers. He's typically very hum ble in interviews and such, even when Ball State hit its first ever national ranking his last year there.

"On game day, you have to step your level up," he said. "Just go out there and move the ball."

I took this quote as him not understanding there's more to a preseason game day than "stepping up" in fact, you don't step up in preseason, you fine tune things.

I don't see anything in that quote that would require bringing him down to earth. In fact, he "acknowledges that he's still learning the nuances of the offense" in that same article.

And, I think for the first team guys, and some second team guys, the preseason is to fine tune things. For 3rd string guys, preseason is as much about showing what you can do as anything else. It's an audition of sorts.
Originally posted by 49ershater:
I hate 49ers and I don't like your postings and Tupac come on he sucks lame ass rapper just delete your account. When was the last time 49ers even went to the superbowl PLEASE get over yourself football and life. If you follow failure you become a failure!!!!! I have ben following your postings and you always sayin some dumb homes

With all due respect.....ah screw that....you don't deserve any. Terrible grammar, punctuation, and worst of all, you are incorrect. Please go back to the Raiders blog where you belong. Better yet, go back to school and get an education. Even better, follow this simple rule.....if you don't have something intelligent to say, don't say it.

I know this sounds harsh but I'm getting tired of reading posts like this. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ersrgolden:
Alex looked scared at time last week...i hate his deer in headlights reactions

he was never scared all the reporters (sando MM MB) said that he looked confident and knew where he was going with the ball at all times and you could even see that on the field

as for nate i wanna see what he can do against 2nd string D im tired of ppl overracting to him playing and doing well against people who wont even make it on the team in the nxt cutoff date

We will see in the next two games if Nate still can do what he does. The vikings are a good team.

However regarding Smith, he sees where he is going or wants or needs to go, but the problem is he is inconsistent in getting it there. Example the miss to a wide open Davis, correct read but missed by a mile. If he can just 50% of those blown ops I would be happy. He needs to get it there with consistency, and that is the problem, he is not. Also, his instinct to buy time when the line is breaking down. Davis showed that, albiet schrubs, however if Davis can do it against better talent then it shows he belongs.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
dude played crappy last preseason.

Don't expect much.

Dude doesn't know the system just yet.

Dude played against schubs, but looked better than Alex, don't know what game you were watchin in the preason.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by 49ersrgolden:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
This seems like the makings of a legitimate QB controversy. Does anyone think Smith will tear it up against the Vikes D? Davis is little bit of an unknown but i see him outplaying Smith Sunday as long as he doesn't try to force to much

when has smith tore up anything? lol

2nd half of the Texans' and Packers' games...

When nothing was on the line.

I'm starting to think this move is more to find out what Nate isn't rather than what he is. From Nate's comments, he seems to be thinking of himself as a gameday QB over a practice player due to his "success" in preseason. This move will probably bring him back to focus on learning the system rather than thinking he can wing it once the game begins.

They know he hasn't mastered enough plays to garner any serious thought yet.

Raye's playing Dr. Evil in order to crush these murmurings he is probably hearing about Nate.

Been looking and I can't find anything where Nate is talking in any way that would make a coach feel the need to bring him back down to earth. Do you have a link? In fact, the local paper in Indy actually had an online article speculating about whether the Colts would be better off if the 49ers had passed on Davis and the Colts picked him in the sixth instead of Painter. The author even asked Davis what he thought about that scenario and his answer was simply that he is happy he is with the 49ers. He's typically very hum ble in interviews and such, even when Ball State hit its first ever national ranking his last year there.

"On game day, you have to step your level up," he said. "Just go out there and move the ball."

I took this quote as him not understanding there's more to a preseason game day than "stepping up" in fact, you don't step up in preseason, you fine tune things.

I don't see anything in that quote that would require bringing him down to earth. In fact, he "acknowledges that he's still learning the nuances of the offense" in that same article.

And, I think for the first team guys, and some second team guys, the preseason is to fine tune things. For 3rd string guys, preseason is as much about showing what you can do as anything else. It's an audition of sorts.

One thing is for sure, If Nate plays great against 2nd team and then against starters, Niner Talk will crash.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I hate 49ers and I don't like your postings and Tupac come on he sucks lame ass rapper just delete your account. When was the last time 49ers even went to the superbowl PLEASE get over yourself football and life. If you follow failure you become a failure!!!!! I have ben following your postings and you always sayin some dumb homes

did you get any kind of education of any sort????
WTF are u saying in your post you Cowpuke you must hate to read Cowgirl blogs cuz they are booring as f*ck & since your in here face it deep inside your a 49ers fan thats why you opened a account

read over your statements b4 you post cuz bro you dont make sense at all

I got an account to wake you the f*** up because cowboys are the best team in the whole NFL and TOny Romo is the best QB. I mean dooooooooooooo you have any education b****. First off anyone with common sense can see that 49ers are losers and they are not going anywhere. You choose to ignore the fact that they haven't been to the superbowl in like forever bro. Second SMITH is a gay f**k that is ruining it for you. Without T.O. your team ain't s**t. He is the greatest, i mean f*** it, he was the damn team who the hell do you have now?
Originally posted by jeremy300:

To a certain degree, your right.

The Nate Davis situation is pretty simple: he has excelled against 3rd stringers, so put him up against 2nd stringers. Keep doing this until he fails, then we will know how good he actually is. We shouldn't imagine him being the next great niner QB, but he also needs to keep getting challenges so we can get a better understanding of what kind of talent he actually is.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

did you get any kind of education of any sort????
WTF are u saying in your post you Cowpuke you must hate to read Cowgirl blogs cuz they are booring as f*ck & since your in here face it deep inside your a 49ers fan thats why you opened a account

read over your statements b4 you post cuz bro you dont make sense at all

I got an account to wake you the f*** up because cowboys are the best team in the whole NFL and TOny Romo is the best QB. I mean dooooooooooooo you have any education b****. First off anyone with common sense can see that 49ers are losers and they are not going anywhere. You choose to ignore the fact that they haven't been to the superbowl in like forever bro. Second SMITH is a gay f**k that is ruining it for you. Without T.O. your team ain't s**t. He is the greatest, i mean f*** it, he was the damn team who the hell do you have now?

Originally posted by nw9erfan:

With all due respect.....ah screw that....you don't deserve any. Terrible grammar, punctuation, and worst of all, you are incorrect. Please go back to the Raiders blog where you belong. Better yet, go back to school and get an education. Even better, follow this simple rule.....if you don't have something intelligent to say, don't say it.

I know this sounds harsh but I'm getting tired of reading posts like this. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Look loser I 'm not writing a college essay here. It's the f**king internet, why should I have to write how you want. You get the point I HATE 49ERS, they suck, they will never make it to the superbowl ever again. GET OVER IT S***!
Share 49ersWebzone